Localisation Errors

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP / PvE
Region: EU

Game is in English, my steam is in English, server is in English
all well, but I get popups and messages in polish like on following screenshot, it was only present for following thrall/pet message but after anniversary patch I’m getting polish whenever I try loot a body

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/799863976259132189/0F15CC95643532EC507CD8A8D0474C36116CD941/

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Patch game
  2. Play and slay someone
  3. Try and loot Cannibal Brute and see he’s “Osiłek kanibali” for some unknown reason, every damn thrall has it
  4. beats me

Any reason to say polish?

I know it’s not, it’s like the runes used on the site, but the slash is the other way around on the ‘N’ (which you said was an ‘l’)- you googled it…ok.

Hi @drachenfeles

I’m not sure, but it sounds like another bug report about the location of the server since the update.
Maybe it’s the same problem with yours.

greetings
SirBowen

yes it appears to be the same issue

any other language using letters like ą ę ł not to mention words themselves?

Same bug on Official Server #1112 with German translation

Hey @drachenfeles

We’re aware of this issue and it seems to be related to a server setting on G-Portal’s panel regarding the region or community.

Hey,

my server is not on G-Portal
is there a ini setting we might tackle?

bit of doubt. I see it’s polish now I can copy the character. should’ve looked at the sites from the google results maybe.

Are you hosting the server yourself or on another server provider?

it’s on a PC

But is that PC provided by an online server hosting service or by yourself?

private machine, we host ourselves

Could you try to add the following line to your additional command parameter line and see if it fixes this issue?
-culture=en

Hmmm… speaking about localization - show this pic to any Russian-speaking player and he/she will die laughing. Because it’s a woman’s name :upside_down_face:

indeed it does, than you

edit: had to run it through google, but I get it, Seeker of Ophelia :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming @drachenfeles and glad it worked for you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.