Looking for basic admin help

Hello my fellow Exiles,

Just got myself a server. After lots of fiddling with various mods I finally have what I want - I think :slight_smile:
I am building up the world, traderstations, interesting buildings and stuff, but I have a basic problem!

I build a traderstation as a house with a door - very simple. I place a trader inside and put some furniture to make it look a bit more belieable. When I log of and log in with a new character for testing, the door wont open :slight_smile: - Obviously this is how it supposed to work :slight_smile: - but how do I make the door “public” so that all players can open it ? :slight_smile:

Sorry for this noob Quiz and help is appreciated.

I addition: how do I make a building permanent without any decay?

CONGRATULATIONS. Have had my own server for a year. As to the doors only you and clan members can open. U can disable auto lock on them. For chests and benches settings of containers ignore ownership
force people to lock chests and cabinet. Benches and such will be unlocked

U can adjust decay or turn off on gportal site. I suggest checking ingame settings after using gportal site to change things occasionally settings u didn’t change your self will. Also make sure to save on gportal u will have to scroll back to top to do that. Good luck. sestus2009 is my ps4 psn I’d. If I can help.

the problem with the decay is that , it goes for all buildings, including those that players leave behind.

its kinda strange that making permanent buildings Arent just a simple command somewhere :frowning: its like – no one ever asked this question :slight_smile:

Yes the decay rate is for the whole map. No individual decay rate unless on PC. Console doesn’t have the same options as PC. I have my decay rate at .875 I am tired of tearing down others unused bases. Wiping generally is going to loose you some players even when notifications in advance. There’s always locking the server and giving password on your own community page and lists of unwanted behaviors ie spawn blocking

Sometimes thralls (or maybe placed furniture?) can block a door and prevent it from opening. Just make sure that the area is clear around it.

its just a door with nothing behind - It seems like it makes my “admin” char the owner and when I switch char , I cant open the door. There must me some setting somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry friend, I’m not the guy to talk to for private server stuff. Just making sure it wasn’t something silly simple like that preventing.

I have!!!
I have actually asked, suggested, etc some more adMin type things.
Consoles have it bad. There might be mods for the PC.

MY LIST
ADMIN PERMA BUILDINGS

ADMIN IN ABOUT 25 NPC/BEAST SPAWNS, WITH SPAWN TABLES YOU CHOOSE.

ABLE TO LOG PLAYERS (CLANS) TIMES, AND WHAT THEIR OBJECTS (BY TYPE) ARE TO HELP CHECK FOR DUPERS.

HARVEST RATE BY RESOURCE

DMG/HP MULTIPLIERS BY NPC, BEAST, MINI BOSS,BOSS,COMPANION, AND PLAYERS

With those alone one could design a unique experience for players that are on their server.

Could you slow down a bit? I dont follow. I steam-searched for a mod called “admin perma”

Is there a way to make a building permanent in the “console”?

All good :slight_smile: no worries

1 Like

Its a bit strange because many servers have buildings that are permanent, like cities, tradeposts and stuff… I am a bit dismayed by the apparent lack of support for the admins?

It would be nice if we had more admin options for sure. Perhaps with more people getting private servers they might make some changes.

1 Like

There is an admin option to switch off decay, but I am on PC so I do not know whether or not this is available on consoles.
It is just a checkbox in the game’s server settings, you’ll have to have admin-rights to check the box, then restart the server to make it hold. Interestingly, I do not have this option available at the server-provider’s maintenace page…
After game updates you may need to check if that box became unchecked, I had that happen :frowning:

1 Like

YEah I know, but as a consequence this also means that players building have to be removed too :slight_smile:

I believe you can also uncheck the ownership box allowing people access.

do you know how?

Settings, Server Settings, General Tab, ignore container ownership right below community bar. Opens up all containers so manually lock what you need. Doors just ghost thru. I am a pve server admin on PS4 and also only at 25 days of my year subscription so Congratulations