Lootless NPCs in the Volcano and Well of Skelos

Game mode: Online - PvE Rented Server
Problem: Bug / Misc
Region: America

This weekend A friend and I enjoyed exploring the Volcano and the Well of Skelos. We noticed that none of the NPC combatant enemies carried any loot – i.e. no drops – not even a single stone. I’m talking about both the human NPC’s and the Serpent-man NPC’s – including the ones that attack you on sight, and those that don’t.

What I am unable to discern is whether or not that is intentional or whether it is a bug/glitch. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Go to Volcano / Well of Skelos
  2. Kill NPCs
  3. Attempt to loot
  4. Scratch head in confusion as all their pockets are empty

I’m hoping a FunCom developer, community manager, or community moderator can weigh in on my question here. I’ve found conflicting answers through outside sources – some saying intended, and others saying unintended; while at the same time at least one other similar question has been left unanswered.

If intentional – I would suggest that FunCom at least add loot to the Serpentman NPC combatants that attack you on sight. Preferably, they would all have loot, but I could live with no loot from the NPCs that do not attack you on sight.

I appreciate your time and consideration in advance. Thanks.

@Tascha, I’m sure you are all very busy at the moment, but when you or someone else on your team gets a moment, can I get a response as to whether or not it is an intended function for the NPC combatants in the volcano and Well of Skelos to be penniless paupers? Again, thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

haha, a what now? Oh regarding the loot, iirc this is a known issue and hopefully being addressed with a future patch :slight_smile:

Just stick some coal and branches in their inventory, so we could have something to loot.

Fix that ridiculous floor that act as magma/lava near the forge First.

Thanks for the response. I look forward to the fix. :slight_smile:

Yes this would be nice. Will this be fixed before or after invisible thralls, invisible body after death, inf stats, undermapping, running underwater, etc?

1 Like