Love on Gaia: Nassir's Groove (Agápē)

Nickname: Nevys
Category of Love: Agápē

Nassir’s Groove

Nassir stood in the middle of the dance floor, swaying to the rhythm of the music. His rifle was tucked safely away, but he could still feel its weight against his back, a comforting reminder of protection in easy reach.

As he lost himself to the music in his spastic dance, Nassir felt all his worries and fears melt away. He was just another person in the crowd, lost in the music and the moment. Suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a young Marya member standing behind him, looking nervous and worried.

“Hey, Nassir,” the young person said. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

Nassir nodded and followed the young person to a quieter corner of the club, where they could have a semblance of privacy.

“What’s on your mind?” Nassir asked.

The young person hesitated for a moment before speaking softly. “I’m just… I’m really struggling with all of this. The darkness, the fighting. It feels like it never ends. And sometimes I just want to… I don’t know, forget about all of it and do something else. But I just feel like I can’t.”

Nassir listened patiently, nodding sagely as the young person spoke. He knew all too well the weight of the Marya’s responsibilities and the constant pressure to fight against the darkness. But he also knew the importance of finding moments of joy and light in the midst of the struggle, whenever possible.

“You know what?” Nassir said, his tone suddenly lightening. “I think you need to dance.”

The young person looked at him skeptically. “What? Dance?”

“Yes, dance!” Nassir exclaimed, grinning. “It’s good for the soul. Trust me.”

And with that, Nassir grabbed the young person’s hand and pulled them swiftly onto the dance floor. They started to move to the beat of the music, and Nassir let out a whoop of joy. For the next few minutes, the two of them danced wildly, their worries completely forgotten.

As the song came to an end, Nassir turned to the young person, who was grinning from ear to ear.

“See?” Nassir said. “Sometimes you just need to let loose and have a little fun. It doesn’t mean you’re any less committed to the cause. It just means you’re taking care of yourself too.”

The young person nodded, a newfound lightness in their step. “Thanks, Nassir. I really needed that.”

Nassir smiled, feeling a warmth in his chest. He may have been known as a skilled fighter, but he also knew the power of laughter and joy. And he was grateful for the opportunity to share that with someone else in the Marya.

From that day forward, Nassir made it a point to dance whenever he could, inviting others to join him and reminding them to find moments of levity in the midst of the struggle. And though he may have looked a bit goofy on the dance floor, his laughter and spirit were contagious, lifting the hearts of those around him.

5 Likes