Maelstrom damage

To me currently it seems like that Isle of Siptah is extremely empty and has only 1 biome, and the biggest letdown is that upon starting from 0, I can waltz into the Maelstrom and nothing happens. I expected it to be at least the same as the SandStorm in the original, where you have to wear protective gear to avoid constant damage. Without getting damaged by the Maelstrom I don’t see the point having it.

Go far enough inside it, and you’ll run into monsters that will definitely damage you. I’m happy that I don’t have to sacrifice the helmet slot to ambiental damage, because I’ll need all the bonuses I can get for the monsters :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the damage comes from the lightning strike - monster spawns that will hunt you down. The damage does not come from the environmental effects of the winds. The environmental effects just make it easier for the monsters to sneak up on you when you’re casually strolling around saying, 'It doesn’t look that bad…I don’t see what all the fuss is about…"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.