Make armor stat bonus kits rather than armor piece bonuses

Having stat bonuses on gear is a pretty good way to supplement builds so you can save some points for other stats and still get the perks you want, but having a certain stat tied to a specific armor cripples the system a bit IMO because of the way the temperature system also ties in to armor.

I was running a shemite archer set which gives +5 accuracy along with the Bow of the Khan which also gives +5 accuracy so I only have to spend 40 points into Accuracy and using both the set and bow I can get 50 for the head shot bonus. But the problem is if I want to run this set any further in the north I have to swap from my light armor Shemite to the heavy Hyrkanian armor to survive in the cold and have the same benefit. Not only does this stink because the heavy armor takes up 80%+ of my weight on its own (60% with armor reduction mods, still very heavy) it also makes me carry less arrows and my dodge isn’t the same. Basically the whole build is ruined because of the change from light to heavy.

My suggestion would be to just add kits that give a +1 stat bonus to the piece you apply it to so you can run any set and still have the stats for your build (example I could have +5 accuracy on a Zamorian light set for the north area). We already have the kit system in the game so building more onto it would be cool.

Flawless and Exceptional armor pieces give more stat bonus I believe, so to offset that if you have a high level armorsmith thrall then you can make flawless kits or something for a +2 stat bonus.

12 Likes