Make Bosses Great Again!

Pointed out a problem with the Dungeon? Uh…yeah… I said that. Where’s an eye roll emoji when you need one.

Let me point out once again, the statement I made was that I believed I could defeat most of not all bosses with a T1 Fighter, with good armor and weapon.

1 Boss down.

Well since that issue exists for every dungeon, what does that say?

Healing arrows are not the problem.

I never bother making them anymore since gruel became a thing. I go thru boss fights nonstop one after the other as fast as I can run to them and never have to heal.

He’s intentionally using one of the weakest thealls he could get and it barely needed to be healed at lvl 0. What does that say about getting even a mediocre thrall that has some levels? I’ll tell you what it says…it says healing arrows are not even close to required. They are not the problem. Godly thralls are the problem.

1 Like

With the very words of Conan: “civilized men are soft”…

To me it goes against everything the survival genre and even the character the game is named after stand for.

3 Likes

Well, it takes quite a while… unless you really prepare with poisons and explosives and potions… feels amazing once you win though. You wont be faming them as if it was a lootershooter aswell. Means less named weapons but you actually value the ones you get.

Although choice is available in sand boxes, i would not be telling someone to not use a heavily advertised mechanic. If one is not going to use them, then why even do anything with the thralling feature? Why capture a fighter. Why level it if it is just going to sit next to my vault of perma-loot? Balancing thralls would be better than saying don;t use them. And i know i can capture lower level ones, but check the forurm. Their is a post of a dafari Level I taking out the Black knight Boss in @ 8-9 minutes:

Skillo

Zeb

2d

Hello Zeb, i don’t know which thread you said this, but it was something around tier 1 thralls killing endgame bosses.

Well, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZgJwd3N4To

The video did end abruptly because Conan Crashed (lmao), but its easy to see how the thrall would win.

, with the player just using healing arrows every so often. So if the losest level can take out the boss from about level 50 game wise, then they are OP.

1 Like

Thralls made this game kinda boring tbh, unless all you want to do is to sit in a couch in your base and watch them do eveything for you.
Bosses are easy, they follow simple mechanics and they repeat them over and over, you can challenge yourself to try to beat them without thralls but it takes ages, because the’re (supposed) made to be fight in group, and thralls just trash’em in no time.
i remember my first days trying to figure out how to defeat a giant crocodile, i was around lvl 40 and i made a boss trap near the entrance of my base, so i kited the croc, and my archer thralls did the job, even back then it was easy, the nice part of this i that i had to spend time and resources to make this trap and place some archers and fighters (that died btw), it was awesome, later on i improved the trap, making it easier to kill the croc…
now i just take any thrall from any lvl, i put them any regular heavy armor and a weapon, and that’s it, croc dies in no time, such a fun time…

Rotbranch down. Based on what I saw, I would not want to take this thrall against the Arena Champion, but come on, she’s only halfway to her first perk.

1 Like

2 Likes

BTW, I think what some are missing here, including Zantalar, is that no matter what I do, not matter what I put on this thrall, no matter if it has gruel and I use Healing Arrows, a T1 Fighter, even fully leveled with good perks awarded…it should not kill bosses. What we are saying is that we should have to do much of that just to keep our T3 and T4 Thralls alive. I should have to be healing him, stepping in to help him fight, and even retreating if necessary, to heal him up, before getting back into the fight. A T1 should just be good enough to help you get a T2 fighter, and kill the hordes of mooks in the wilds, and cities.

If I let a single T4 fighter fight a boss, and do nothing to help it, this should result in death of the thrall, at least 50% of the time, if not 100%.

I think I don’t get your position as the tactic you complain about is one I simply don’t employ, it isn’t something that even crossed my mind. I’ve parked at an unreachable location and snake arrowed world bosses before and had an armored thrall with a sandstorm mask take aggro while I snake arrowed and poison arrowed a boss to death. However those tactics were too boring and I stopped doing it and haven’t since the thrall update. I also don’t see the same results as you guys as I’ve lost many thralls to world bosses even when I was capable of soloing the boss, they got the aggro and didn’t last and I don’t get anything weaker than T3. But then again I often use dancers so that’s certainly my issue.

So I’ll give it to you there are some good points and the four main issues you guys seem to have is thrall HP which I can get behind, thrall dps which I haven’t seen as OP, Bosses being weak which I can agree with, and healing arrows which some of you defend even though it’s more overpowering than thrall HP as with good armor HP is a moot point when using healing arrows.

However I run solo and some bosses are way too hard or too time consuming, as a few players stated if you nerf the thralls then some of the more ridiculous bosses need to be nerfed to match. A good portion if not all the bosses have to be challenged by multiple players, if nothing else but to be able to heal. Too many bosses give you no breathing room and since healing is canceled when taking damage quite a few bosses require dirty tactics or luck to beat. Take the arena champion for example, her damage is extreme so you have to nullify her ability to attack except there is a feature or glitch that causes certain power attacks to be uninterruptible and if you are unlucky enough you die and loose everything with no chance of recovery if solo. There’s the wolf man boss that hit’s so fast that there is no dodging and hist so much that your HP drops so much that you need almost a minute to heal after every volley you perform. Then there’s the frost giant boss who will kill you in a single hit if you don’t have lvl 60 gear minimum thanks to the guaranteed frostbite if you don’t have 10 cold resist.

There are bosses you can only take with multiple people and nerfing only the thralls would ruin solo play, thralls are meant to cover our builds weakpoints, my build’s a balance of damage and HP so the fights take too long and too many bosses do too much damage forcing me to heal often which without lvl 50 HP can take a very long time without Aloe soup. I think the real needed balance is between player and boss, then we can reduce the stats of the thralls to match.

1 Like

Exactly. I Don’t understing what kind of game allows you to do NOTHING and clear endgame content. Even worse when you consider that a berserker or dalinsia or whatever volcano t4 comes so easily.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, bosses were made that way counting that you have these behemoths that are thralls aiding you.

The Gap is too big.

You are like a wet noodle fighting some bosses - be it because of their literally unfair attack pattern, be it because of numbers (damage and hp), or whatever.

This game messed up in so many areas in regards of pve that only a major overhaul would do it, and yet, there are so many people deeply in love with the art of doing nothing and killing bosses that if FC started enforcing more player imputs to kill content, they would be outraged

I do understand your point, you can play in an alternate way and have loads of fun, but that’s does not matter here. The solution to a problem is never ‘‘stop using it’’ or ‘‘do it in a different way then’’. And even by fighting solo right now, you clearly are not intended to be doing it.

If the core loop of the game is **** , the core loop needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Did it, didn’t record it, it made the giant crocs cry. Spiders whimpered. The Red Mother was a challenge.

Lester the King Scorpion had a thrall for lunch.

I liked that thrall.

1 Like

The only bosses that do any damage are ones that can stack poison. Outside of that, most will only take 2500-3000 HP off a thrall. So if you can heal it and keep it above 1000, then it will eventually kill the boss. TBH, bosses (3 skuill especially) should not take less than 15 minutes to beat with the best thrall and you contributing, maybe slighltly less with a group of 3, and 4 or more, well the loot is only so shareable. I

know it seems long, but bosses should not be part of the normal harvest loop, but more of a run at getting legendary equipment, and willingness to contribute time to it.

At least against some world bosses, it is like that… Also against some dungeon bosses.

Providing gruel = healing item. Shooting healing arrows = well, healing.

The problem isn’t just that a T1 fighter can defeat many bosses. There are many problems, and they involve balance, and challenge. Gamers want to be challenged, but not frustrated. The problem is the skill of players is a wide spectrum. Some suck, some are amazing, and everything in between. So, find the balance is not an easy thing to do, and most games don’t find it, but Conan is failing spectacularly.

There are so many things that can be done to make the game amazing. Why can you do the sunken city without breathing aids? Just having better breathing through attributes, should not be enough. There are breathing potions, but you don’t actually need them. Why not? Why aren’t there dungeons that you need night eye potions for? Wouldn’t it be great if there were places so hot and so cold that you need the best armor, those shields, and a potion to add extra resistance?

Why are the religious items so pointless?

Why isn’t the cold armor you have to create in the Frost Temple Forge, better? It should be the go-to armor when you go north, but I just use it to decorate a couple of thralls.

I think the problem is something Firespark81 pointed out in some of his videos. Some things that are easy to get, are the best, but other similar things that are hard to get, aren’t as good.

I don’t know what the answer is.

2 Likes

I use it for medium builds. But only the gauntlets…+2 Vit is better than DLC Aqualonians +1. Mac out the armor stats is what i say.

1 Like

Honestly I can’t agree more, I was so excited to get that frost temple armor only to find it was worthless, I was hoping it was going to be the medium armor version of the godbreaker armor and was quite disappointed. Also some legendary locations would be awesome, like you said places where you’d need godbreaker armor just to not die from the temperature, I’d say no to the shield as it would prevent two handed weapon users from enjoying it to the fullest.

It would be a great idea to reduce the boss and thrall stats to where you have to be involved in the battles, maybe even give the bosses bonus damage to thralls or something. And increase his resistance to damage from thralls based on how many thralls are present, small amounts to where having more will be better but not so little that parties will have too easy of a time killing the bosses.

Soloing stuff like Rotbranch or Landslide is a complete PITA. Even with a thrall on my side those things have stunlocked and killed me on the pull.

But in terms of victory: here’s another one. Level 8 Ansina Hidden-Daggers won the dancing contest against Red Mother in her underpants.

2 Likes