Make Grey Ones equipment craftable in our benches

Why? that is actually PvE content… at least it requires you to go somewhere…
I’d rather remove the random drops of semi-broken pieces if you feel like having them be redundant is somehow taking away from the game.

In any case, I didn’t mean to argue too much about this, the part I am against is having crafting bonuses apply and making new “superweapons”… I really don’t think this game needs any stronger weapons, even the much weaker EL ones are too strong sometimes.

And if we’re introducing new, higher damage weapons, then that needs to come with some form of a rebalance or additional content that actually creates a need for them…

Nah, don’t worry about it. At least you didn’t respond with “you’re dumb. Git gud.”

I think the redundancies are pretty ridiculous though. PvE is fine and all, but the crashes have made the game a slog to want to even do new content. I don’t even wanna do the new dungeon or the wine cellar (which I really wanna do for the loot) right now. I wanna do purges and surges. I wanna do the pools. But none of that works right now. The game is a total frustration, wanting a better set of weapons to do things quicker before I crash or die is a logical step up if they can’t seem to fix the game in its current state.

1 Like

Yea, I get that it’s frustrating… been going on for a while now, hopefully they do something about them soon…
If I was Funcom, I’d use this newfound revenue to pursue every avenue to distance myself as far away from gportal as possible… or somehow reverse the roles and renegociate so they can ask for better service… as I have a feeling they have them by the balls… Funcom being a small studio when they started and probably signing some not so advantageous contract… Might not be true though… just a hunch :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

On a personal level, this one hates when recipes are removed. Just as this one hates when items are removed from the admin panel.

Stripping players of the ability to do something is some of the worst squelching. Something might not be working perfectly, but diminishing the options in game is an extremely poor solution.

There may be disagreement on when a piece of equipment is at it’s stride, but that is hardly cause for nixing it.

The recipes are something of a quest to acquire. They are sitting in the open, surrounded by Grey Ones, and are scattered across the Isle of Dawn. In places of questionable utility without them. Is there a reason to go to a corner of the map? In the case of the Grey One ruins, not much. Fragments of Power and Precious metals are easy to acquire. There are several much easier rotations if we take away the recipes and the usage of composite obsidian altogether.

Also, without those recipes, the weapons and garments in question cannot be repaired. Unless one has a legendary repair kit…
Which this one must remind is significantly more RNG locked on Siptah than Exiled Lands.
Why does that matter?
They are extremely fragile, first of all.
Secondly, they look good.
Why does how they look matter?
Illusions are very persnickety about materials being fully repaired and whether you know how to make both parts of the equation.

As for equipment that functions in a way other than intended…
The many aspects of the game frequently function other than intended. Knocked out foes go flying thru the ground into the undermesh never to see the wheel. Even more terrifying than the Eclipse, the Blue Screen blots out the world and likely gets one killed. Which on Siptah is a much bigger deal than Exiled Lands (gotta go back thru the Vault to get your Sigils, especially after the grotesque but understandable nerf/redesign of the Fiend sigil). The game is glitchy AF. If a glitch lingers past a major update, unless it is in PvP, a player using it to counter the laundry list of glitches arrayed against them is fair game.

This game has long had many features that were later revealed to just be “bugs” that had been left running for years. If it’s not important enough to get fixed, it’s not important enough to kvetch over.

1 Like

But you will still need obsidian to craft them. And that can only be crafted at the forge-in-the-middle-of-nowhere.

This, I think, is the best idea thus far. It’s too easy to farm top-tier weapons from easy non-boss opponents. Especially if you arm your thralls with them so you don’t need to worry about durability (alhough you can dismantle spare weapons into composite obsidian you can then use to repair the weapons you want to use yourself). But more importantly, these drops negate the need to actually go and craft those weapons yourself.

1 Like

Dissenting opinion, removing the damaged drops is only good from a pure game point of view.
It’s horrible for world building and immersion.
It’s already silly enough when they drop stone spears and mauls. Adding more world deconstructing isn’t a boon.

Altho limiting those drops to the Grey Ones bosses might be a good compromise.

3 Likes

The needing to know them requirement for illusions was only in the beta test, it was removed by the time Age of Sorcery launched.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered why so many human opponents don’t actually drop the weapons or armor they’re using. Do they take such poor care of their equipment that most of it breaks during our encounter with them? And how do they attack me with a mace but end up dropping a cutlass? And how the heck do I destroy someone’s weapons, or boots, if I headshot them to death before they even notice me?

I’m sorry to say, but the immersion is already dead when it comes to lootable equipment. (I won’t even mention the “one size fits all” unisex armor pieces, or a Darfari necklace that magically grows into a tank top when worn by a woman. Err, I think I just did mention them.)

4 Likes

What about the guy that likes to carry multiple pairs of pants? That one seems logical. He just likes collecting pants. :thinking:

1 Like

I mean… maybe you do? I haven’t crafted obsidian bars in idk how long. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I often carry a spare set of clothes with me in a waterproof bag if it’s raining a lot on my way to work. Maybe some NPCs don’t like to wear wet clothes all day at work, either.

2 Likes

Replace bleed with poison and u may get another craftable weapon…

My typical end game gear, I have 3 helms with me at all times. Night stalker, dragonscale, and commander. If I’m on Siptah I also flip gloves between drowned and jhil depending on the weapons I am using.

1 Like

I think my favorite is chopping a single corpse and getting 8 arms and 3 leg weapons.

4 Likes

Those weapons are about the nastiest damage output of any weapons, even more than most legendary weapons.
Repairing them is easy as long as you have the material handy.
But, they do have a flaw which I consider a tradeoff.
It is their durability and you’ll notice it is much less than their counterparts.

2 Likes

I watch my buddy play. And I likeThe grey one things. They’re kind of like some kind of great alien thing other worldly things pretty cool. I thought their stuff was already in the game. I don’t play the game but my buddy does and I saw him get oddball stuff from time to time.

And the weight, and the stamina cost.
That’s what makes them the perfect slave weapon, beecause none of the three is affected when held by a slave.

But imagine it crafted with a T4 blacksmith.
Durability goes up, weighr gies down, so 2 drawbacks are negated. Damage/AP goes up even more, so I don’t think crafting would be a good idea.
I mean I could use them in boss fights, but I don’t believe others would only use it just for that, thus making the whole weapon group OP, which, we know what would do with these weapons after that.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.