Make respeccing impossible

Quite frankly you bring up alot of good points. The perk and attributes need serious attention. It looks like they were slapped together to be functional at the beginning and never completed.

You shouldn’t have to choose which sub par armor you should learn, and same goes for weapons. All the best ones are found in the gameworld or bought in dlc. How bout making every armor and weapon recipe found except the starting iron weapons? Almost all of them are simply aesthetic anyway, useless when you’re maxing out for pvp or construction. Just have them all and be done with it.

It would be cool to have even a companion book for stat descriptions and some fun Conan lore tidbits. I know most people playing have no clue who Conan is, or who Yara is for that matter, nor do they care. But i think everyone could enjoy understanding what the tower of the elephant is lol.

If the strength affected encumbrance in the slightest way you COULD create a more rounded solo player. Like if when you maxed strength you got the petk to move at full speed overencumbered.

This is just a bad idea given how the game actually plays when you’re staring out. Maybe increase the cost some, but removing the ability respect on demand will just drive away players.

1 Like

Agreed.

And there is a way now for people that want every recipe. FoP. Yes it only gives 10 poijnts, but with enough consumption, over time you can permanetely unlock all feats and only use beas–tial memory respecs.

Ya… Because playing for 200 hours to get to endgame on an Official server sounds amazing with no resets… /sarcasm.

Garbage idea.

tl;dr most of the posts. Just skimmed them.

1. No respec is an absolutely TERRIBLE idea.
    Not everyone plays in a guild to have mates to do stuff you can’t.
    There is only ONE save slot per profile, so you cannot have multiples for different functions.
    Single player would get completely shafted, and that isn’t good for business to screw over your fan base this badly.

2. Respec delay for 3 days…are you joking?
    If you don’t want to respec, that is your business. Don’t try and take it out on everyone else. I was one of those not going to respec. Before I ever got the game I read up to learn what was useful and planned out what I was going to spend my points on.

Honestly, this topic mostly comes across as a jealousy thing. You are either unable to respec, or don’t want to, and you don’t like the fact that other players have one build for combat and others for farming/production.

It’s not perfect, but then the skill system itself isn’t perfect. And you have to make the best of what you got.

I’m just waiting for the news in a future update that we will get some new consumable that drops, that gives us more attribute/skill points per use. Same as the one just recently added that gives more Feat Points.

But regardless of that, no respec should only become a viable option if the following happens:

1. We get multiple characters per PS4 profile, instead of just one. (Which works perfectly for online players)

2. We get a way to have one single player save game, and multiple characters in that same save file. (Which will work for those who don’t play online.)

1 Like

paper cups.

1 Like

I mean you make some valid points jess. Not sure why someone flagged it. A little insensitive to Funcom but they wouldnt be where they are today if they couldn’t take criticism. The game can use more. And funcom is adding that via dungeons right now. Maybe some day they will add more than just dungeons and reskin mobs.

1 Like

I imagine the post got flagged because it’s incredibly degrading and hostile to the game, and ultimately serves no purpose.

Most of those responding to the thread are doing so because, ultimately, this is something you can do on your own, if you want to.

If you want to play the game without allowing yourself to respec, that is entirely your option. To try and get it enforced on the entire playerbase though? Most aren’t going to go for that idea, and wouldn’t be happy with Funcom if they did that.

Some people forget that games are supposed to be enjoyable for all the fans. Not just a select number of hardcore fans who want to impose unreasonable restrictions for reasons as simplistic as “it’s not hard enough right now”.

1 Like

True true, dont get me wrong the dudes just got an opinion but how about Hard Core mode? Easily done, could be a new server option and then people that agree with no respecs get what they want? See. You can offer up something completely insane and still have it work.

1 Like

I mean seriously now! Funcom sold Barbarian edition which brought nothing to the game. Wasted opportunity to make Barbarian Edition the title of HardCore Mode. And it would freaking make sense lol!

Holy Crom @jesstheripper think this is on to something ^ make that your suggestion.
possible server options:
One life enabled/disabled
Respec count 0-100 0 default

1 Like

As long as it wasn’t turned on for all servers, I think most would find this more acceptable. Because you have to choose to either turn this on in single player, or use a server that has this feature.

Maybe for the official servers, a better option are some easy to craft item that was a consumable.

1. Drink this and the One Life option is enabled. You die, you are toast. You cannot disable it once it’s enabled.

2. Drink this, your respec count is set to one. Meaning you can respec once and then you can’t any longer. Similarly, once you drink this, it’s locked in on the character and cannot be disabled.

That way, the official servers can utilize it, those who want it can still be on official with their friends who may not want this option, and it’s more of an everyone wins situation.

3 Likes

Having to rely on fan-made sites for essential in-game information is not what I consider good game design. Consider if the fans didn’t maintain the Wiki or other sources - would it still be OK if the game didn’t provide numerical information related to character building? “Oh, you reached level 60, and your stat build is useless. Tough luck, how about restarting the game?”

Because it would make more sens for some people, maybe.
Imagine not all people having the same goals, and playstyles. Also this would need to chose. Chose a given build, and have to trade and work with others.

It’s a different playstyle, and fully doable on privat servers. For role-play servers it can be very fine. Of course hardcore pvp players will shake theyr head, and drink the next sip.
Still, it’s a choice, and why not ?

Sure, options ae still the best.
If now for this situation with the potion to reset perks and feats, or for other choices.

The most options possibles for privat servers and singleplayer would make much more people happy. Gaming should be fun, and a gamestyle a choice.
We actually miss lot option for singleplayer still. This is important i think.

But all communities are important, and there is no good or bad choice, just choices, and giving people options is def the best thing mostly. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, I’m really tired of everyone pushing their nerfs on everyone instead of just having some self control/regulation. I already call them Nerfcom because of it. Less and less freedom in this game every patch!

2 Likes

I aggree until the point your “having fun” include one-shot-kill me because I’m 2-3 levels lower than you are and you use a spear. Before some nerfing it was this way.

Or until the point “the game it’s too hard for me” means also for me “I can kill each creature in 5 secs of game… why are still playing if I’m totally bored and there is no challenge at all ?”.

Dont take me wrong, I agree the game has to be enjoyable for ALL :wink:

That’s why I think some regions of the map is good to be desgned to be level 60 expert - hard core players only but not all the map has to be hard for all.

And that’s why a level 60 hard core player has not to be free to one shot a 55 lvl casual player at all.

:wink:

1 Like

I’d rather see a difficulty slider. So no content is locked behind being an expert or hardcore player.

Traditionally that is what happens when games take that route. They have some special gear or the like that is only available if you can beat stuff in the highly difficult area. And some people aren’t capable of it. It becomes unfair.

It’s as bad as games with the pay-to-win model, where wealthy players can dump real money into the game to get better rewards and the like. So they end up being at the top because they bought it, not because they earned it.

1 Like

Item level 345 or higher to join us in the Dregs! No Baddies! lol

1 Like

Funcom has always had “zones” of high levels and epic monsnters you cant beat until later. Hell in Anarchy Online they had super bosses that took hundreds of people to beat. They even let you play with the mechanic and twink into higher level gear so you can summon pets that are way higher level than you.

So go farm and get the gear or join a non pvp server…