Make this an MMO

I can certainly see where you are coming from.

The first step would be to judge the market. Start a crowdfunding operation and see if funding comes in.

I would throw $25000 at the project myself as I know this would probably be one of the greatest games I play in my life time.

Wdf, no, just no

I’d rather see them spend their money on, more importantly keep their programmers on, this game.
This is a fantastic game with so much depth, but with a lot of bugs and imbalances.
If they can keep focused on exiles and fix the issues, it could make them the money they need to do an exiles mmo right.

2 Likes

I think it’s not needed as the gods don’t destroy everything at once anymore and I think the devs are still tweaking here but Overall I like the idea of having gods beeing a bit of a threat. I’m just not a fan of massive destruction or complete base erase.

1 Like

They are useful on private servers, if there is too many dead buildings laying around; the admin can turn into a god and destroy them THUS balance to the server. The avatars are great for cleaning up the messes that the player base leaves around.

1 Like

thats what the decay System is for :slight_smile: and it works now as far as I can tell. Foundations get removed in certain places.

You all know avatars can be disability. Building decay is use to remove people who have quit a certain server.

ummmm, smite you can only buy cosmetics? why is it a cash cow, nothing is restricted to you as a player

Wrong. I can buy a god foundation pack. It where you buy all the gods with real cash. It’s 60 US bucks and it unlocks future gods.

Remember this is the team that made decisions early on that has resulted in the inability to add mounts really, large servers and has resulted in the same game breaking bugs showing up over and over being rebroken multiple times and then fixed.

They have a person scaling option that breaks some of the physics because they just forgot to add content so it works right.

I’ve played two Funcom MMOs. Funcom is great are art design, great at world building
 but actually game design well so many bugs.

I think the OP smoked all my weed, this mmo idea
 Retch

I don’t smoke weed so it sounds like your brain is inferior to mine. Does that make my idea better than your disagreement for it? I think so. :slight_smile:

MMO > ANY other genre, not up for debate.

1 Like

Well tbh i don’t smoke weed too, nor do i drink, eat meat or smoke. But you cracked me up with the inferior comment, boy did i had some great memories about writing my essay about megalomania.
About the weed segment in my previous comment, that was just a joke. If you want an conan mmo, try age of conan. But i wouldn’t recommend it, its terrible. I played it for over five years since launching and tbh its just a atrocious as it was launched. Thats why funcom will never make another conan mmo.
Thanks again for the laugh i really appreciate that

1 Like

Glad you liked it because it was a joke after all :wink:

I am the most humble person in this entire world so I can’t possibly be a megalomaniac.

I pray that one day we can see something like 200+ people per server in a huge world. That would at least sate my appetite for an Exiles like MMO.

Well, i‘m not sure which Age of Conan you play(ed), but mine was far from being „crap“, quite the opposite even.

Back then, when it was new, it‘s combat system was quite unique and unparalleled and despite all the technical difficulties and the usual imbalances that come with like EVERY game of that sort, i don’t regret a single day of the 6 years i invested there and up to this very day, AoC still offers some of, if not THE BEST raids any MMO has ever seen - esp. from T3 onwards and extra esp. the Temple of Erlik, which was/is a true standout.

By now the game might be next to dead, that‘s true, but it has (around) 10 years on it‘s back, so no suprise there.

However, i still remember the very first T3,5 and our best T4 sweeps, like it was just yesterday.

You can say a lot about Age of Conan, but for sure not, that it is/was crap in any way and to tell you the completely uncesored truth - Conan Exiles, as it stands, will NEVER ever be able to give me the same lvl of joy and excitement that AoC offered me, while raiding all PVE-content from top to bottom with some of the best players (and guilds) in europe.

Right, it’s wont be able to because it’s not an MMO.

Makes sense to me. But AOC was garb.

Make Exiles into an MMO and it’s the best MMO of all time.

Bit selfish statment, you aint make up the whole gaming community. MMO’s have been dull for a long long time.

That is my opinion, so there ya have it.

Bit selfish statement, you aint make up the whole gaming community.

You don’t get to decide that MMO’s have been dull.

That is my opinion, so there ya have it.

Sounds nice but there will be obvious flaws. For one, having hundreds of people building on a server would explode it. They can barely deal with 40 players in one server. Sure, they can get more powerful servers, but good luck with that. Second, the game would be more about numbers rather than skill. You’d have armies of people wipe lands like nothing. Sounds cool, wouldn’t work from obvious reasons.

Friendly fire = Numbers can be a detriment.

Large scale numbers are always important in MMOS and they should be. Recruiting is part of the “meta”.

Building should be limited as well. You have to EARN the ability to build. Build a claim spot, perhaps you can only have one. If this claim spot(the core) is destroyed, you lose it all.

Would love to see something like this.