Making sleep useful

When activating a bed to sleep in, you lie down and dream about what the day will hold - mark nearby areas to hunt in, collect goods, harvest materials, and create schematics for your constructions. There is a glowing high-light when building, no materials are needed to create the blueprint of the building - because you’re just making a schematic of it.

It’s not a necessary addition, but it would add something fun to the game to see what the finished product of your creation will look like.

2 Likes

And then you wake up and realise that none of these features will be added to the game, and it was all a dream.

7 Likes

I’d be down with at least some sort of well rested buff like in fallout

Honestly, that is an awful idea for the game in general. And as it is not a solo only game, this would be an online nightmare. Not to mention the PvP implications.

All in all, both me not liking the idea, and all that it would disrupt, and all the feasibility to actually make it, I dont see it happening.

Although I have made sleep useful in a mod by using it as means to recover and slow down eat and drink flow. As that mod also makes death final, beds have no actual use. I had to make one.

Before someone ask, yes, I understand what it is. However, for a skilled strategist, this would provide some really useful intel about “everything”.

“You are now inside the mirror dimension, ever present but undetected. The real world isn’t affected by what happens here. We use the mirror dimension to train, surveil, and sometimes to contain threats. You don’t want to be stuck inside here without your Sling Ring.”
―Ancient One to Doctor Strange[src]

This is a very nice and creative idea.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.