Making unraidable bases raidable

Ok guys, did you see the new upcoming changes? They should satisfy you now lol. The unraidable bases should be slightly less unraidable now lol
Here are some of the changes:

1. Hitpoints for all doors and hatches have been halved
  2. Crafting religious armors should now produce the same amount of religious tokens. One full armor-set (regardless of amount of pieces) will yield a total of 5 zeals
  3. It now takes 30 minutes to summon a protective shield from an altar and an hour to craft an avatar token
  4. The damage output for Avatars have been adjusted. All avatars (except for Jhebbal Sag) have had their damage adjusted upwards to be more on par with Jhebbal Sag #beastmode

except that ā€œon par with Jhebbal Sagā€ other Gods avatars canā€™t hit through bubbles, I hope they make Jhebbals attacks imune to bubbles too, otherwise we will continue to see only Jhebbal Avatars.

Thanks for this info bro

As someone whoā€™s enjoyed PVP for quite a few years across a number of games (Battlefield & CoD series, NWN1 & 2, Guild wars, Swtor, ESO, and EVE onlineā€¦ Especially EVE), I enjoy a good smack down against other players, and Iā€™ve always advocated that you simply should always be prepared for the consequences of what you get yourself into within reason.

In Swtor I played on a RP-PVP server. I always felt people playing there should accept the possibility of getting their face beat in by another player if they happen upon them. That said, never particularly cared for griefing, that is, when a high level player went to low level planets and beat around on people who simply didnā€™t have the levels to fight back. This just drives people away from the game with a bad experience. My answer to this was always to go out and ā€˜clean the trash upā€™ so to speakā€¦ In short you could say I griefed the griefers.

In EVE I also did some anti-pirate work, but I also spent some deal of time in 0.0 corporations/alliances. I was one of those people who hung out in the deep depths of space where there simply were no rules. There were inevitably always bigger fish, and you always have to be prepared to get wrecked or do the wrecking. And while I didnā€™t care for people griefing carebears in high sec, I always felt these people were fair game if they wandered into the jaws of low/null sec. If you want whatā€™s out there, you have to take a risk, and with that riskā€¦ can come destruction.

To get to my point, I can say I am also of the mindset that you go where you belong. If you donā€™t like PVP donā€™t play pvp, if you donā€™t like pve donā€™t play pve. But having said that, I find this reaction to beā€¦ strange.

My first instincts upon finding a base that I canā€™t crack (whether it be my personal inability due to whatever factors, or simply the game wonā€™t allow for it) is firstā€¦ interest. Is it truly unbreakable or am I just not seeing the answer? Whatā€™s inside I wonder? Then comes disappointment. Oh wellā€¦

Never have I ever felt that I simply SHOULD be able to get in there, even if it follows the same restrictions as every other base and ā€˜shouldā€™ be raidable. Instead I would simply appreciate their ability to set up a base that you simply canā€™t get into. I find these bases to be neat and inspirational. They present ideas on how to better build a base of my own. I donā€™t sit there and think they should be able to be torn down. They built the optimal fortress to protect them, much as they tried to do historically (since someone mentioned historical means of destroying them. Some castles simply never fell for this very reason. They were unassailable through any reasonable means. They had to be starved out if anything at all)

Theyā€™ve found a way to play in a way that allows them to dictate when they do and do not have to engage. Thatā€™s smart play, and I agree with the others, should be rewarded. So long as theyā€™re not using this as an exploit in which to directly grief (Rather than simply grief through inability to attack), then I say more power to them. Personally, Iā€™d leave a sign telling them ā€˜F you, you have an awesome base and I want it, Good job!ā€™ and be on my way.

ā€œPersonally, Iā€™d leave a sign telling them ā€˜F you, you have an awesome base and I want it, Good job!ā€™ and be on my way.ā€

Lolā€¦ I started on pve, and in my journeys, I have come across quite a few impressive buildings, not so much from an impenetrable point, but from, a wow, this looks amazing, cliff face fortresses, where, hum how where did you even start, the whole base is perfectly curved and just continuesā€¦ imagine an ice cream cone pushed halfway into the upper half of a cliff, without a block out of placeā€¦
Or the keep spanning a river, that looked like it came out of a medieval movie, armoury tower with full weapon boards going all the way up the tower, a mead Hall next to the brewery, with beehives etc in the adjacent gardensā€¦ I could go on, but I spent over half an hour just looking around with my yaw to the floorā€¦

The ā€˜nothing to see here, move alongā€™ keep that has one weak spot to get intoā€¦ it was another architects wet dream
But went as far as building a public bridge to help ppl cross with a roped thrallā€¦

Discovering these are the wow moments in the game, not the lollipop abortionsā€¦

Which makes me think that griefers are as they are, because they lack the abilities and or are too lasy to elevate this gameā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think they should be automatically radiable, its just in my experience, there are alot of PVP servers with the clans that wonā€™t engage in any combat, and wait for you to be offline before intitiating an attack. These clans tend to use this anti raid mechanic to grief casuals off the servers. The offline raid is a tactic, but i will never be able to see the fun in doing solely that. My favorite raids, failed or successful, is when there are PVP melees and using all of the battle mechanics. Michael Jordan was asked if he was ever afraid of losing. He said all the time. If not, then there is no feeling of real accomplishment.

I continue because i just love the Conan environment, as well as trying to be more efficient in my farming and builds. But i understand why the casual gamer becomes bored/frustrated and moves on to something else. For PC, this game will survive for years due to MODs. but on PS4 and XBOX, there is only so much one can do before it becomes Groundhogs Day, and the itch to try something new kicks in. Some get the itch relatively quickly, and others hold out hope for a server that is truly fun with the raid mechanics as well as the farming.

2 Likes

I agree. I like seeing creativity. One reason i moved from PVE-C after the first week, was i thought i entered a Star Trek Generations show. Borg boxes everywhere.

Can you summon a god on someone elses land claim? I always cant.

Yes. I am sure many of peopel, as myself, have broken in to a base with a T3 altar and found the arch still on the altar, plus the zeal. The only thing i notice is you canā€™t have structures above your head. that means branches from trees in jungle, or be in water. Even some pillar tips won;t let you summon.

All bases should be raid able and pillar bases are pretty unrealistic. Castles should be Castles however and only vulnerable to siege mechanics ( or Gods). Explosive jars are also pretty unrealistic and should be weak against tier 3. I also think trebuchets and other future siege mechanics should be able to ignore land claim. It would also be pretty cool if we had a type of perk that allowed stealth and the ability to lock pick doors. Spamming hundreds land claim foundations should also not be a thing so I propose increasing the cost of building foundations by 10.

The defender in me hates this but the builder in me likes the idea of people building their bases more securely than they would if they could rely on land claiming. I want to agree simply to reduce clutter but it just doesnā€™t make sense that an enemy would be able to set up shop within your territory and launch an attack unchallenged. Land claims, while often abused, make this a more realistic system (in that you have to ā€˜attack from outsideā€™). Perhaps the solution is making ā€˜foundation aloneā€™ not enough, so that it needs to have walls and roofs and other niceties to be considered a proper land claim.

This one depends. Iā€™m not against some form of stealth in this game but this sounds OP. I played around with the idea, tying it to Survival, capping at once per day, odds of 1:50 to open a doorā€¦ thereā€™s nothing that feels fair to lock-pickers that doesnā€™t feel entirely unfair to their unwitting victims. Iā€™m certainly willing to hear suggestions but it seems too outrageous to really implement.

Please no - however - I would not be against a relatively-quicker decay for foundations without any walls/roofs/placeables. That way you need to at least do something (hopefully more aesthetically pleasant than simple foundations) to claim some land.

Problem is, without semi active GMs that can login to a server and swing the ban hammer, people are going to abuse land claim mechanics to the extreme. Alternatively they could add a ā€œland claim flagā€ feature to permit building only within the radius of a land claim flag, but the devs probably have other things to fix and code atm. IRL however a foundation or wall is not going to stop external raiders from attacking or placing ladders, etc. So if land claim was as much as a moot point in game as it was in IRL we might find balance.

If you mean ā€œallowed stealthā€ by an invisible effect please no, this is Hyborea and not Warcraft or any mmo that uses poof magical invisivles, this would allow even more glitches (than already are) with invisivle toons.

And btw, stealth already exists in the game, and that is ā€œdont be seemā€, plenty of options to hide.

Now lockpocking could be a thing with a craftable kit being consumed at the attempt with a higher chance of fail than success depending on the material. Ex: iron 2% opening, steel 5%, hardened steel 8% and star metal 10%.

Unless invisibility was thisā€¦
ERIK%20THE%20VIKING

Challenging myself to see this from both sides because my instinct tells me it shouldnā€™t be introduced but I do see merit in the idea.

I think lockpicking is doable with the following caveats:

• must be resource-heavy to craft a lockpicking kit (comparable to bombs, or slightly less resources depending on success rateā€¦)
  • different types (T1, T2, T3)
  • must only be usable during raid hours
  • must make a loud clang on failure (and maybe even show up in event log or show damage on door, requiring repair)

Thoughts?

1 Like

I disagree. It actually is the sole way to get any protection at all!
People offline raid more than there are people on pillars with defense up.
There are more than enough people who want to take a break for a day or two or are playing on multiple serversā€¦ For these people, having a pillar base is the only way to survive.

1 Like

You complemented well the idea, I like the Loud Clang when the lockpick breaks, it can alert the nearby owner. The tiers could be with Steel, Hardened Steel and Star Metal, it shouldnt be cheap tho, like 5 bars per lock with a T4 thrall on the station. Opening chests without bombs must be expensive and maybe some skill involved ala Skyrim.

1 Like

Im sorry Nuria, but wasnt that what I said ? With different words. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thinking about it further, I guess it would make sense to have different kits for different locks (chest, door, vault) and different mat requirements for each, scaling up in that order.

Iā€™m not sure about the event log, though. Maybe for unsuccessful attempts it can tell you that a door was damaged by lockpicking, but not reveal who it was. Then, the only way to tell that a lock has successfully been picked would be to see ā€˜unlockedā€™ on the chest/door/vault itself. However, the event log should still show items that are taken per usual.

I really love this idea now - just imagine sneaking into someoneā€™s base, looting armor off their body, dying it pink, and then putting it back on them before sneaking back out. A+.

3 Likes

Yes, they should change the way Event Log display names from ā€œ X looted your stuff ā€œ to ā€œ a player looted your stuffā€ But only for theft, destroying would display the Player name like it is now.

1 Like