Map blocking dungeons and game content

If only there was a mechanic in the game that would allow players to retaliate against this kind of thing. A device of sorts that would bring down structures

3 Likes

So build to that area +1. The problem with any limit like that is people will simply try to out do or game the limit.

Plus the purge meter is am odd duck… It’s based on actions from my understanding, not existing structures. So building or placing acts as an action. But once placed, it doesn’t add to the purge count later. So you could build a big structure, get purged reseting the meter, then not build or do much and the meter does not grow. So to do as you are suggesting wpuld require a big change to how the purge meter fills.

Not exactly. The Purge meter grows all the time, even when offline. It just grows faster when you’re in-game and performing certain actions (I forget exactly which actions, but I believe it’s stuff like building something or killing someone etc).

Then whenever the server determines it’s time for a Purge, it’ll randomly pick a “structure” and hit that. Official servers go off once per hour during the Purge window I believe.

When it works, anyway. People have been reporting intermittent outages on the system. Personally I had three or four in a short span of time, then nothing since (which suited me fine since I’m fairly busy in the evenings these days).

I am staying. Going to dig in and keep blowing there stuff up. We have been having a bunch of problems lately when we pvp them. Usually we win the fights but lately people have been disconnecting from our group. They are saying that their routing is going down for like 15 to twenty minutes.

1 Like

Oh also if anyone wants a challenge or wants to destroy people like this join us. Ridiculous amount of raiding to be had. They prolly have like 100 shacks that all have stuff in them

Have a read of this post from Funcom, it sounds like you might have a case to present to them. There is a link in the post to send the proof to. Good luck.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/harassment-and-griefing-issues/15950

1 Like

Its a pvp server. Band together and blow this stuff up. Once you clear a dungeon or obelisk, land claim it yourself, but dont block it, just claim the area. Then they cant rebuild. We had to do this on one server because a clan started to do the same thing…so we claimed all the spots and left them open for people to enjoy.

4 Likes

Yeah that was our original plan but to clear each obelisk out and land claim ourself it seems like it would cost us 200 bombs. It’s not a small wall it’s a tier 3 double foundation with fencing in between the foundations. Also crenellations on the inside of the foundation so you can’t crawl out. They have clearly been free building on the server for at least 6 months to a year.

Thank you btw for the post I will try to submit and see what happens I can take screenshots of hundreds of spots that are completely in accessible

use trebuchet instead of bombs then, honestly its more fun to use treb.

1 Like

only walling off the noob area is likely to cause a ban. obelisks are fair game.

1 Like

if it was only obelisks then I wouldn’t have put up that link. However he mentioned several dungeons and some of those you need to access in order to get items to “complete” the game…which is why he might have a case to present.

1 Like

there doing this on the PC also

PVP server you say? Not PVE? Where are your explosives and trebuchets then?

2 Likes

Ha im on this server and the alphas doing this only have them closed off due to this guys tribe. Oh and another self proclaimed "alpha wiper tribe that joined. Im a solo on here and all i did was ask if i could get in to certain areas and they told me why and let me in this guy is a joke. Think he is mad because his tribe keeps getting beat

So i did some digging on the handsolo (his gt about same as his name here go figure lol) guy his tribe is forsaken killers they have a main server 2807were they hold with some allies think furyans probably the ones that bost alot back in 1429 pre release. So the whole “i just want to do story with friends” is a load lol lets be honest we dont play pvp to be friends or get but hurt and cry to fourms when we get raided. Chipper up old girl take your lashings and play on your server you hold i guess

Nah they invited me to the tribe after they came in and saw the the Bs going on. I left the server and went to there server. They may be the alphas over there but everything is open. Has been a bunch of fun. Have fun posting for your clan, you guys can go back to starting at your walls all day!

Staring at your walls all day. Oh and tell your mates we found their invisible base! Is that a glitch build under the map?

Unfortunately i am not in those tribes. I know you will believe otherwise. So i do not really care. As to them being on your server i guess they are bored. I work out of town to much to be in a dedicated clan so i play alone witch leads to me being wiped quite often or decayed. I have no problem if yall wipe them but false information and crying about game mechanics is somthing i will reply to.

I never said they were on our server