Massive FPS drops

Just laughing at you, Funcom…i’ve lots of experience in Ubisoft QA and Legal Departement Issues…if i had a team like this in my QA staff, everbody had been fired instantly…

1 Like

I refuse to buy any of the dlc regardless I already paid for the game why the %$#^ would i give them more money.

further down LMAO

“The issue has been identified but not fixed yet, which is what our team is focusing on deliver. Our earliest ETA is at the start of next week.
Please do keep it civil.”

If that was truly Funcoms goals they wouldn’t have removed the forums off of steam.
A self regulating game forum is a dictatorship!

1 Like

I don’t get it… First you gain back some faith when you annunce you finally are working on mounts. Then you do things like this.

A suggestion:
PRIORITY: It is clear this patch reaised many issue you should release hotfixes that addresses the major problems IN THIS WEEK. Like the frame drop issue because that is crippling the game for many people. Say the fix is coming next week is NOT ACCEPTABLE this is not early access anymore you can’t pretend people to be unable to play days for a title they legitimate paid for for a week because you did not bother to test the patch before releasing them.

This is an hit for your reputation as a company and a big hit that crushes the faith and the patience the community that still play has even after a launch with totally missed feature and a disaster early access phase there are people that are still playing and still supporting.

This is how you deal with them funcom?

“Oh sorry we released a patch and we broke the game so much you are unable play a fix is coming early next week”

Do you think this is acceptable?

2 Likes

Next week?! Guys, this is a -crucial- hotfix! You gotta get something done before then! You’re going to lose a hell of a lot of player base if you wait that long.

Also, if you’ve identified the issue, you should be able to release something today! Admins of private servers fix memory leaks the same day they get one! And we don’t even get paid. Get your ■■■■■ into gear. Seriously.

2 Likes

Early next week?, again, way to go funcom…

1 Like

The issue has been identified but not fixed yet, which is what our team is focusing on deliver. Our earliest ETA is at the start of next week.
Please do keep it civil.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

4 Likes

Feel sorry for you Ignasis, having to be the face of a poorly managed company like this. If I were you, I’d rather look for a position elsewhere, or even not work, yes hard, bills must be paid that’s a hard truth too. Problem is, with who’s money are FC salaries going to be paid with this game managing record in the future?

2 Likes

With all the honest respect i can give you realise how offensive for your community this is?
Attempt to see it by our side this problem crippled our game at the point players are unable to log in our server. On the other hand considering how widespread this issue is there is no way it could not be spotted if someone bothered to make some tests before releasing.

Now you are telling the player that unable to play the game they paid for to wait for a week and on top of that you are pasting a guideline for posting inviting people to be civil.

This is not only bad but is also kinda offensive. If people get heated is because there are big issue that could be avoided with proper testing and you tell them.

“Hey we are aware of the issue we will fix them next week”

This kind of behaviour could be excused during an early access phase now that phase is gone long ago.

With all the respect.
Mebrilia

4 Likes

I get that a fix takes time. We all understand that, but the game is not playable. Rolling it back with a plan to release the hotfix next week should have a much quicker ETA. Basically, you are telling us to leave for a week and come back. If I start playing another game this weekend, my gf and I aren’t coming back any time soon. We don’t spend time on a game for just a few days.

3 Likes

One week offline means that our server will be dead…

1 Like

That’s what I posted on Tascha’s response. Patience for many of us with patches and updates has gone bye-bye. I am sure in 4 or 5 days I will find another fun game to spend my leisure time on.

Oh, and about rolling back the update, I seriously doubt at this point it could be a viable option if it is even possible.

In case it interests someone… base game problem aside, I’ve noticed the mod ELI also causes major fps problems after the DLC patch. So you can disable it and try to see if your game is playable without it (mine is) or wait until the mod’s author update it.

All right, everyone:

Understandably, you are frustrated when the game does not work as expected and we are doing everything in our power to help.
We have been reporting your issues as soon as they were brought up and verified. The team has immediately focused on looking into the problems, and we are addressing them.

Knowing what the issue is (or assuming so), means that people are looking into possible fixes. It does not mean that we have an immediate fix to the problem.

Performance issues are always a priority, and we are treating those as such. They are, however, in most cases quite complex to fix.

Saying “it will be patched next week” does not mean the same as “we are fixing it next week” (and not doing anything in the meantime).
We are working on fixes for the FPS issues now, but some fixes take longer to finalize (because, in this case, the fix asks for something to be rebuilt that takes a few days to complete).

Additionally, we want to make sure we can help the team with as much info as possible so they can verify that they are indeed on the right track with the fixes they are working on.
For those of you willing to help with this:

We would love to be able to take a look at your logs.

• These logs are located in Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs
  • You can send them to @Ignasi in a PM

It would also be great to know the following:

• Confirmation that you are not running any mods
  • Your system specs
  • What kind of hard drive you are running the game from.

Rest assured that we are not delaying anything on purpose, and we are fixing issues as soon as we can. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Tascha @Ignasi while its understandable you need time to fix things, expecting people to just “deal with it” till its fixed is bad form. You SHOULD do a roll back and make the game playable till you get a fix done. You realize you are killing any faith we have left in this game?

We fully understand fixes take time, but this is 2 patches in a row that have destroyed the playability of the game. Not many people will stick around if it happens again. Those of us that pay for server rely on uptime in order to keep our player bases. After the last patch my server went from an average of 20 users a day down to five. This was cause the game was unplayable for hours … Imagine whats going to happen now that its been nearly 24 hours, let alone nearly a week!

We pay good money for a game thats been broken more than once in the last 30 days. Not broken where there are a few little things to deal with, but broken to the point its not even playable AT ALL.

I love this game, I truly do, but making us wait more than 48 hours is not fair to any of us. Especially after sinking HUNDREDS of dollars into your product.

5 Likes

See the problem is that again this issue is so widespread that it is litterally impossible for someone to had missed it if they did the testing require before putting out a patch.

Says “It will be patched next week” or “We are fixing it the next week” is basically the same. Maybe you can find it today and fix it then release the fix after a week and that is the issue.

We are no more in to an early access title. And considering what was happened make people wait more than a day in order to get an hotfix to repair the damage done is already beyond acceptable.

I know is your work to handle the community and i know know there is this damage control phase. But does not matter how things get turned around it still means that we have to wait till the early next week.

And that is unacceptable. Our server are already starting to suffer because someone did not bother to make the appropriate testing before releasing this patch. We are cut out from the game, a game we paid. A game that is no more in early access.

Minor bugs can be expected but this is not a minor bug. This is a widespread crippling issue.

This is again not acceptable. And what you did write is the further confirmation that someone did not bother to test the patch before releazing i am telling you now people are not going to wait a week.

I am sorry but that is how the situation is now. A situation that was created by neglecting something that should be at the basics of develop something “Test it and make it sure is working.”

2 Likes

So true, the same happened to our server with the last two patches. We finally saw rising player numbers again, and now poof no one online anymore

4 Likes

@Tascha @Ignasi what needs to be done in the future to avoid this is a Dev Kit readys WEEKS before you launch new content. So that mod developers that test their mods with your changes and give you feedback BEFORE you release your content to the world.

This will allow for smoother transitions, and allow us as server owners to not suffer because of broken software. This would truly show your support for the community as a whole, not just those who play on your official servers. The sheer amount of favoritism in that area is horrible.

[Waits for this thread to get shut down cause of all the negative feedback] <<< I wouldnt have to say this if it were a constant thing you guys do when you are tired of listening to us.

4 Likes

I don’t have Exiles Land Improved and I still have the FPS issue.

2 Likes

How bad? I do have the mod and was getting consistent drops below 5 fps.

@Gillette The mod is not the problem. It happens on server without ELI as well.