Massive server breaking elevator bug

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: [Bug | Misc]
Region: [us]

I made a horizontal elevator to cross the river between the island with the witch queen and the one with buccaneer bay, it’s close to the water, I built it to bring thrall from buccaneer Bay to my house. The elevator is right on the water and the lift piece itself keeps disappearing.

Tonight I was bringing a thrall back and the lift was gone. I jumped on where it was supposed to be and all hell broke loose, I was on the lift but apparently under the map, my thrall was go. E but the really worrisome part was that everyone else on the server was experiencing extreme lag until I held e and put the lift in my inventory.

After this everyone else seemed good but I was lag walking through my structures (kinds just skipping as if I had tried to cross through an unloaded enemy/tree) until I reconnected to the server.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.build elevator directly on water
2.leave rendering range
3.come back, lift is gone, rest of elevator still there
4.jump on where the lift part is supposed to be

This bug exists for months :confused: it only occures on the horizontal elevator.

this is correct

Steps on how to reproduce issue:
1.build elevator on a cliff, foundations, over a river
2.leave rendering range
3.come back, lift is gone, rest of elevator still there
4.jump on where the lift part is supposed to be

you can fix it with picking up the elevator and replace it but…that´s not funny if you´re roping a thrall