Material Tiers AND is obsidian any good?

Erm… Get star metal? Uhh… Oh, yeah. Star metal. To make the pickaxe. Sure. I totally did not steal my star metal pickaxe from a dead Cimmerian person. I totally did not kill that Cimmerian person either.

Getting starmetal in solo / co-op is perfectly possible. You go to the Outcast camp to pick up the Ymir acolyte feat and spend some time finding where the climb starts trying to avoid between cornered between wolfs, sabretooth tigers and mammoths. Then once you talked to the outcast you climb the mountain to reach the spot so you can gather some blackice and ice. It takes more times when you’re in the meteor alley. Then you climb down, pass the Outcast and just after the first turn you hear a big explosion noise. And you’re prompted where you want to respawn because you just get killed by the very 1st meteorfall you witnessed !:cry:
After It’s better to use admin teleport to go there quickly to retrieve your body and gears and to use admin panel to pop some explosive to crack the meteor and harvest the starmetal. Then it’s time to to realise that the thrall you bring north with you is near where was your body, idle counting the snowflakes dancing in the northwind, totally unwounded by the meteor which killed you.:smirk:

1 Like

I’ve tested obsidian tools and star metal tools in single player at 2x rates (PvP server rates) with the gathering perk and there appears to be zero difference in yield.

With the enhance toolkit, I got with starmetal between 10-11 and with obsidian or black blood tools between 11-12.

Play PvE at official server. So harvest rate is normal.

When harvesting a star metal meteroid, I got 7-10 more starmetal ores with obsidian tools, compared to starmetal.

Incresase ur survival at 20 and will get double amount per swing… extremely usefull in pve, as it halves the time u need to harvest anything… works with all tools… star metal, obsidian and acheronian tools gather 22-26 per swing with 2nd survival perk on

I have survival at 10 and have the witchdoctor mask. When I am farming, I equip it. Maybe I will reduce survival to 5, because of the blackblood tools. Or even 0, as I bought the shield at Bucaneers bay.

Yup… u can also get the asuras chosen armour from the sinnners refugee (+15 survival)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.