Mikey's Toolbox (PC/SINGLE PLAYER) - version 0.3.2

You could, but using the character options WOULD result in “player two” (whoever is not you) losing access to their character. While that could be worked around, somewhat, the further down that road I go, the further the tool drifts from its intended purpose.

Thanks for the kind words! It means a lot.

Yeah it started out as basically that - at the time I played exclusively singleplayer, and I quickly found the limit of one game with one character was way too, well, limiting… then I started poking around the savefiles and figured out you could create multiple characters if you just gave them a little prod in the right place, and well… thus the toolbox.

3 Likes

I’m basically an R. E. Howard purist first and gamer second with this game. For me, this tool is critical. I’ve had saves with a Pict that based along the western river opposite the Swungle, along with my Vanir (subset of Nordheimir in this game) chick’s base up in the frosty Ymir parts, as well as my Cimmerian dude’s spot at River’s End in the ‘Cimmeria’ like western bits of the grasslands (so moody! Even misty and hilly, like Howard describes Cimmeria <3 ), and at the same time, having a Brythunian chick (subset of Hyborian in this game) posted up in the tri-lake areas of the desert north of Sepermeru.

Being able to jump back and forth between them in a single save file is super rad. Keeps my solo play fresh as I can move from character concept to character concept freely and yet easily retain progress on other characters. And yes, I can EASILY see the intelligence in utilizing single player mode as a means to verify base builds, that’s quite brilliant imo… Considering the cost of building parts, as well as how they are sometimes wonky to fit, that is a monstrously good idea.

Now, combine that with the ‘make me king’ aspect of Mikey’s tool, and you have an outstanding method with which to test-bed for server play if you so desire.

Edit: Oh shoot! Ok, thanks Mikey for clearing that bit up about co-op! I’m just a fan bro, I didn’t mean to bring up false stuff about your tool :frowning:

1 Like

It’s going to be a huge improvement for me. Right now, if I want to use another character, I have to log into Steam as one of my alts. And if I want to use a different savegame, I have to do directory juggling.

Is there a feature that will allow me to add an offline char into my clan? I tried simply updating the database, but that just makes the game crash, so I figured that I would also have to update the binary blobs in the database and I decided I just couldn’t be bothered to try and figure out how to do that (or download the devkit and do it that way).

1 Like

Yes, there is! Just go to the “Clans” tab, select your clan and tick which character(s) you want to be members. Small note: I haven’t done anything about ranks - so I’d suggest not removing the clan leader using the toolbox, though I don’t think the game actually cares, and in singleplayer it hardly matters.

3 Likes

Heh. I “broke” it :slight_smile:

It doesn’t support multiple players – I used to get around not having multiple characters by creating characters with my alts :smiley:

Good thing that I don’t have to do that anymore, thanks to your tool :wink:

1 Like

LoL, the reactions after every game update compared to this user toolmaker makes me think…

Have to add my accolades to the above for this tool. Thanks dude, added a whole new dimension to my solo play, without actually having to edit the SQL. That would have been too much like my day job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I discovered this tool only recently; I was getting bored with my overpowered singleplayer character, but I didn’t want to loose all the nice bases I’ve built around the world so I started to look for solutions.

It’s truly fantastic and it works like charm! The only downside is that, even with version 0.3.2 I cannot transfer ownership of my thralls. Since I’ve raised them as my sons an daughters, is there any chance a future version will allow to transfer them too?

Make a guild with your original character. Join your new character to the guild with the check box:

The new character can then interact with the old character’s thralls.

1 Like

Thanks, it works! With this workaround, now I can control all the thralls ‘inherited’ from the main character.

1 Like

I’ve been using this tool lately and loving it, but now I ran into a problem. Everything was working fine and i was able to switch between my 3 characters on my save. Now when I start the toolbox it says multiple owners found…save game might be multiplayer or co-op game. I have never had a multiplayer or co-op game on this save. I can get in the game and access only one of my characters. I know the game had crashed on me once(possibly a mod, but it has not crashed again) before I started seeing this problem. I’m not sure what I’d have to do to fix it so I can access the other two characters. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok I was able to figure out the problem. I used the database program mentioned earlier on this thread to look at the save file. Apparently someone I know got into my game and created a character. Funny because I never saw it nor invited him to my game. I was able to delete him from the save and now everything works again.

2 Likes

Happy to hear you were able to solve your problem - and also that the Toolbox is still going strong :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

My PC died on me a couple of weeks ago (it was 7+ years old and had served me well!), so it was time to move on. In the process, there’s the inevitable “what to keep before formatting” phase, and I stumbled on my old “Toolbox Icon full rez” file. Decided I’d post it here, for no particular reason other than it felt fitting.

5 Likes

Please help, every time I try to reload a save from backup I end up right back in character creation. Has anyone had this problem? I solved this issue, it wasn’t compatible with my locally hosted server. Now it seems to be interfering with a co-op player, but I’m not sure… It’s definitely a great tool for sure regardless.

1 Like

Perhaps it was broken as of the latest patches, but while the toolbox was working perfectly a few days ago (I was running multiple characters in one savegame for a couple months) it now forces me to start a new character, even when I’ve got one selected in the toolbox. I’ve been trying to find a fix, but everything just refers me back to this page. Any help or info you could pass along would be greatly appreciated. Conan just isn’t as much fun without the use of this tool.

Hmm yes. I can see that happening, too. Might be related to that new Funcom Live Services account or whatever it is, I’d have to investigate. Note, for the record, the account system seems to work fine, and if there is an issue it’d be with the toolbox. Still, I have not looked into it and it might be entirely unrelated.

Yeah there really is only this thread for support, such as it is.

Yeah, looks like something has indeed changed with the database setup. Which makes perfect sense, if there’s an account system now (it used to rely entirely on your SteamID).

I’ll have to look into it further when I have a bit more time, I’m fairly confident it can be remedied, but no ETA.

4 Likes

Love the mod. Been using it for a year or so? Maybe less. But I agree that something has changed with the last patch or two. I keep getting a “multiple player’s found” error and can no longer switch between characters. Can’t even SEE the other characters or clans. Wish I knew enough coding to help you out, but I honestly don’t have a clue. Glad to see you are still looking at it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m hoping to find a moment to look at it this coming weekend, though we have a major family event going on, so it’s a bit up in the air whether I’ll manage.

4 Likes