Mikey's Toolbox (PC/SINGLE PLAYER) - version 0.3.2

“Major family event” sounds like just the situation where I’d feel a sudden urge to spend several hours checking on some code. And I don’t even know anything about coding.

2 Likes

Never too late to learn!

2 Likes

I’m attempting to learn python for research purposes. But i’m guessing you are using C+ or something for this based on SQLite?

1 Like

I’m using good old Visual Studio (2015 to be exact, though I don’t think it matters), and the application itself is a C# WinForms app. Hopelessly out of fashion, but it gets the job done and it takes me half the time to mock up something because I’m so familiar with it. And yeah, it’s then coupled with SQLite for the database interaction.

WinForms have been declared dead more than a few times in my career, by various people, and yet it’s still around while whatever they were peddling at the time is often forgotten by now. Which is not to say WinForms is the be-all, end-all tool, far from it. I’ll grant it’s not in any way sexy though!

All that aside (who put that soapbox here??!), Python is a fine entry to programming, and while I found it slightly odd at first, I came to like it very much indeed after a while.

3 Likes

So don’t use this tool right now because it needs to be updated for the new patches?
(I was thinking of trying it out for the first time)

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. I should probably add that to the OP.

Suffice to say, time to work on the Toolbox did not manifest this weekend - so still no ETA on a fix (this is the luxury I as a “modder” have versus doing it professionally!). I mean I do something a bit like this professionally, but I don’t get to say “sorry boss, dunno when I’ll be done!” and leave it at that there!

4 Likes

Thanks for whatever you end up doing. I still have my one toon to play for now. Ha. Eventually, I’ll get to a point where I’ll need this to work or I need get one of the feat mods to increase the cap. But I have plenty to keep me occupied til then.

1 Like

How goes the Toolbox update? Any ETA yet?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. Real life continues to rear its ugly head, and on top of that I don’t really feel the whole FuncomID situation is stable (gut feeling only), so I’m even less inclined to throw significant effort at something that might well change again shortly.

4 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you’ll be able to fix it in the not too distant future, it’s such a great tool and is sorely missed.

Also, I hope life’s not treating you too unkindly atm. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Hi again Mikey, I hadn’t played in a while since the big updates broke many mods and I just came back to it to find your toolbox doesn’t work anymore :frowning: I “had” 6 characters running in the same save for variety and can’t switch between them anymore.

I was able to dig through the backup saves to find my son’s game tho, luckily. This toolbox has been a real godsend to both myself and my son, as he plays on my pc because his laptop won’t run the game.

From reading this thread I know you have been busy and I appreciate that but I really hope you find time to get this working again.

I didn’t even know about the previous updates since I last messaged here so I have still been using v_0_2_0 that I initiallt downloaded :slight_smile:

I hope you are well and that you find the time to fix this, altho I doubt I will be able to get back my other characters… Thanks again for a truely amazing mod…

3 Likes

Well, I guess we figured out why the database changed. Kinda makes this tool especially relevant now. I’m sure everyone would vastly prefer to be able to port over their already established characters if they were able to. LoL

Hopefully the world is treating you right and you and yours are well. Cheers and such!

1 Like

Update 23-09-2020:

I was actually working on the new toolbox for a couple of hours yesterday (I am/were starting from scratch), and a bit the day before.
Happily, info from the stream on 22/09/20 suggests that porting functionality will come to the base game! Yay! Great timing, too, as I’m not too far into the remake. :smiley:

In all probability, this means that this tool has run its course, and I’m not currently planning to update it for Siptah/the new format.
I am very happy to hear Funcom is implementing porting functionality, as an integrated solution will always be preferable to an external one!

3 Likes

So does that mean it’s back to manually changing saves around for different characters? Is it even possible to have multiple characters in one map without your tool? I was really enjoying that feature.

Sad day for me, I guess. It hasn’t stopped me from playing, it’s just limited my fun. I’ll live, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just back-up and rename your “Saved” folder. Both Siptah and the Exile Lands game databases are in there. Whichever character you want to play as, rename that folder to “Saved” and the other to whatever you want so it’s not used “Saved_2, Saved_Warrior_Character” etc.

No, he’s asking about running two or more characters in the same database (one at a time, obviously). Which cannot be achieved with just copy/pasting files or folders.

Ah, I misunderstood. Than yup, guess we gotta bribe Mikey to keeping the tool :wink:

1 Like

I do like (good) beer… #justsayin

1 Like

Somebody get this guy a slab. This tool is quintessential for people who don’t do online games. I’ve built a clan of 7 different characters all in the same world space. It’s great for rp and immersion. I was gutted when it stopped working due to the db changes. It would be great if funcom allowed multiple characters but I very much doubt they’ll allow for it on the same map as Mikeys Toolbox does.

Thanks for work mate and I hope you decide to continue the project.

2 Likes