Mikey's Toolbox (PC/SINGLE PLAYER) - version 0.3.2

I live in Oregon. I don’t drink beer, but supposedly we have the best craft beer in the states. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You do have some very good ones - I visited Oregon a few years back and can attest to that :beers:

GET THIS MAN BEER RIGHT STAT NOW! LoL

-CharlesBalmer (“new members aren’t allowed to mention people” for some reason) SAME! I had an absurd 18 character map, 6 teams of 3 - 3 good, 3 evil - and had scattered them across the map with the intention of setting up traps and ambushes for myself, building grand structures all over the map and then raiding them. The day the database changed was heartbreaking, considering how much I had built and been preparing.

This is your tool, Mikey, and I’ll abide by whatever decision you make with it. I just want to say that, in my opinion, it took a pretty good game and made it great. Thanks again for all the fun I’ve already had with the toolbox!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Well I am in Australia, but would quite happily send you the $ for 2 slabs, or even a donation for a new toolbox if it means I don’t lose the rest of my characters. I haven’t played since the I couldn’t change between them in case I lost the others…

I ONLY play single player, never MP and this toolbox has been wonderful…

2 Likes

It’s 180 time!
The reason I cancelled the project at first was that - upon seeing the stream - I legit thought “Great! Now the Toolbox won’t be necessary, since Funcom is implementing a similar concept in the base game”. The “great” is not sarcastic, for the record.

But then, Funcom (quite understandably) have not committed to any details on how, when or ultimately IF they’re doing character transfers in-game. And it seems unlikely (though not impossible, I suppose) that it’d do the same things the Toolbox used to do, in any case.

Because I legit did not mind if Funcom decided to implement everything it does and render it obsolete. I did make it in the first place to create functionality I personally felt was missing from the game, after all.

Then there’s the fact that part of the reason I’m starting the project from scratch rather than fixing the existing version (which would likely be easier) is that there are certain techniques I’d like to try that I rarely have time to do in my day-job, but where I can indulge myself in hobby projects like the Toolbox. So the bad news is, I’m still committed to restarting from a blank slate, and I won’t be done immediately.

Of course what ultimately made me change my mind was reading you guys’ stories on how you use the toolbox.

I will probably also migrate it to a Nexus Mods project or something similar, as a single forum thread is not a great place to manage a project :wink:

So, in conclusion:
bc5334475aa08579ffbf33e395cb3e34

9 Likes

Happy Day :grinning:

Apart from the unique capability of roleplaying a clan (or whatever) in singleplayer, or sharing a gameworld with someone on the same computer… the toolbox made managing saves and testing mods SOOOOO much more convenient.

The toolbox was awesome.

2 Likes

The best thing in Mikey’s Toolbox for me is possibility to leave my single-player game running without any risk for my main char. I just create one dummy toon, make him invisible and invincible via Admin privileges and sit him in some high place, and all the crafting stations in my main char’s base are working for hours in background as if it was a real online server. I do it with SQLite Editor now, but Toolbox was way more convenient.

2 Likes

Yes if you are a bit familiar with SQLite. No if you aren’t.

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s how the whole thing started. Like “there’s gotta be an easier way to do this”.

2 Likes

Whoo hoo! ::happy dance::

Great news! I know absolutely jack about SQLite! LoL

You are a champion, sir. Thank you so much! :smiley:

Well I know nothing of SQLite, but it sounds good… I use the toolbox because I have/had 6 characters on the same save file and would switch between them now and then for variety.

Also my son plays this on my pc as his will not run it, and it makes it easy to switch between my game and his.

Btw Mikey, As I mentioned I have not played since I was unable to switch between my characters, just in case, so have I lost them or will a new toolbox still pick them up…? I had them all at max level…

Thankyou so much for deciding to to make a new one, this is really needed. It will be great to be able to go back and play it again when it is done… Thankyou…

Ps, I was serious about the donation, or money for beer btw… Just sayin… If you do put it on Nexus I can donate there… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I continued playing my 6th character (still having access to my other characters bases) hoping it wouldn’t all get lost. Then started a new character on Siptah setting it up with multiple in mind. (Different db file)

It’s good to know the are other people out there who enjoy single player as much as I do.

Being Australian myself, I can’t help but wonder though, do these other guys know what a slab is?

1 Like

Thanks mate. Love your work and looking forward to playing with your creation as it just adds so much playability to the game. I’m really surprised they don’t take advantage of this angle. But hey, it is Funcom. I’m just happy this game isn’t dead and there’s new content.

2 Likes

It will pick them up. Of course the new toolbox doesn’t really exist yet, but that’s the plan.

That’s great if it will… Thanks… So can I continue playing or should I keep waiting for, hopefully, the new tool?

1 Like

There should be no potential harm in continuing to play in the meantime - but as always with unofficial stuff like this: keep backups of anything you’d truly hate to lose!

Lol I didn’t think of that of that, I hope so. Just in case tho a “Slab” is a case of Beer… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Mikey… Yes I always have backups, altho I “was” using the toolbox for that too which is why I had to go digging in the game backups for my son’s save.

1 Like

For me, the “easier way to do this” is letting Mikey do it for me. I’d like to call it a simple but elegant solution, but I’m not sure if I’d want to call you simple or elegant…

4 Likes