Mikey's Toolbox (PC/SINGLE PLAYER) - version 0.3.2

3 Likes

So, hey Mikeyā€¦ just outta curiosity, if you had a favorite place to build in the game, where would you say that would be? Say someone was planning to build a shrine to the patron-saint of their playthroughā€¦ LoL

2 Likes

Oh, too many to mention really. But I always had a soft spot for Messengerā€™s Respite, the little lake there. My first big base on an official server was placed in that area.

1 Like

Toolbox version 2.0 sneakpeek (weā€™re still quite a ways off, but things are coming along nicely). I find myself struggling not to succumb to feature creep, a productivity killer all devs know - itā€™s so, so seductive because they all start with a genuine thought of ā€œhey wouldnā€™t it be cool ifā€¦ā€

ā€¦and since I noticed a few Aussies in this thread, I donā€™t want you guys to feel left out:

6 Likes

Nicely played Mikey. Thanks for the thought. But loving the sneak peak. Thanks from Australia.

Actually, I had a question regarding feature creep since you mentioned itā€¦

Can coop save be a thing at all or can there be a separate save for that from your single player world. I know with the last rendition it just freaked out and said it wasnā€™t designed for multiple characters. Iā€™ll understand if it just canā€™t be done but I was just curious.

Thanks again for all your work.

1 Like

I am trying to accommodate that this time around yeah. The first iteration was something I made for my personal use and it grew from there - which led to certain limitations at the core of it.

3 Likes

Nice Mikey, The upside down bit made me smileā€¦ :slight_smile: I look forward to the new toolbox, and Thankyou so very much for deciding to create it for usā€¦

1 Like

Random sneaky, donā€™t tell anyone:

:exploding_head:

This little guy (ā€œThe Exiled Dudeā€) just made the trip from Exiled Lands to Siptah and back to EL againā€¦ granted he lost his inventory (two indigo and a stone!) on the trip, which is either Skynet limitations :mechanical_arm: OR a mistake on my part. I will, however, go to bed now since work beckons in not too many hours :sleeping_bed:

7 Likes

You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Now Iā€™m just waiting for a time bubble to appear in Siptah one day when Iā€™m farming a boss. Probably inaccurate expectations. But Iā€™ll just be happy to have multiple characters in the same world again and the ability to save and back them up. Thanks again mate.

1 Like

Would anyone like to help me test the new Toolbox? PMs please, as Iā€™ll be needing your email or some other out-of-forum contact info.

2 Likes

Iā€™m keen mate but Iā€™m not sure i sent the PM right.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s a slightly disturbing PM system - having the result look just like a new topic is mildly worrying, lol.
(I now understand @charlesbalmerā€™s reservations - Iā€™m not 100% sure I did that right either)

1 Like

You both did exactly right - but yeah takes a bit getting used to!

2 Likes

Hey Mikey! Been a minute so I thought Iā€™d check in and see how things were progressing!

I donā€™t think Iā€™m allowed at my membership level to send private messages (unless Iā€™m just clueless), so I couldnā€™t figure out how to get in on that playtesting.

Anywho, hope all is well!

Hi Artay, Iā€™m sure Mikey will get back to you when he has the chance (without wanting to speak for him, I get the impression heā€™s quite busy right now). In the meantime, I thought I might be able to help with the private messaging issue - I honestly donā€™t know if membership level effects it or not. If you left click on a personā€™s name, you should see a box like this:

Clicking on the ā€˜messageā€™ button in the top right of that box ā€˜shouldā€™ work (subject to whether or not membership level effects this, of courseā€¦). Youā€™re welcome to test the system by trying to send me a test message if you want - I should be online for the next hour or two (and will check in later anyway). (Just be warned, the private message system looks a lot like you are creating a new public topic, so itā€™s easy to get confused :wink: )

1 Like

LoL I have no idea how I managed to overlook that, but I do indeed have that button. Thanks much!

Edit: Apparently I reached ā€œtrust level 1ā€ today, which is likely what gave me access to the messaging option. Go me! LoL

1 Like

Hey there Artay! Yeah things are ā€œnotā€ progressing, though not through any technical difficulty - rather it is one of sheer lack of time on my part. So there has been literally no progress in about a month, perhaps longer.

Which is pissing me off no end, I can assure you, but as the wise men say ā€œit isss what it isssssā€.

1 Like

Right on! I totally understand. Hopefully, youā€™re still finding time for Mikey in the meanwhile, at least. Canā€™t imagine that the holidays coming up are helping much. LoL

Good luck, Godspeed, and all that jazz! Iā€™ll try to keep in touch occasionally, or if you need a playtester feel free to yell at me. XD

1 Like