Missing Vault Bosses and Empty Loot Chests

Game mode: [Online private]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PVP]
Region: [North America]

Numerous players are encountering a scenario in which a vault is not locked, the boss is not there, and loot chests (including the boss loot chest) are empty. We attempted to replicate the reports and discovered the following things.

The vault is supposed to lock when the boss is killed. The pressure plate to the final loot room is gated by the boss kill but the boss kill itself it what triggers the lockout.

The vault is supposed to stay locked for approximately one hour. We actually sat and stared at the door to verify this. Good times.

When reentering the vault immediately after the lockout ends all of the loot, except for the skeleton key chests, should be respawned entirely. It was when we tested.

Here are my thoughts. I’ve noticed that players seem to have a thing for logging out inside of vaults. I’ve also noticed that players seem to have a thing for beginning a vault right after I announce a server restart in ten minutes.

If a server is restarted it respawns all of the creatures in the world, right? Including the vault monsters? Including the boss? Does a server restart also fill loot containers? If so, a player that logged out or was kicked out inside a vault during a server restart can essentially bypass a lockout timer, kill a boss, and loot chests.

If the monster and loot respawn is less than the one-hour lockout, a player could somehow remain inside the vault and essentially kill and loot everything twice in what should have been a single run. I am editing this post to add that I was able to log out inside a locked vault and log right back in still inside the vault.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Run a vault
  2. Enter the boss room
  3. Encounter no boss
  4. Somehow enter the loot room that was apparently open and find an empty boss chest

From the reports I have seen, people report that they log in the middle of nowhere when they log out in a vault. Feel free to test your theory though. My theory is that the vault cd and chest cd are out of sync. The vault unlocks but the chests are still on cd.

I logged out of a vault and back into it while it was locked.

We ran a vault and completed it, killing all monsters including the boss and looting everything inside. Then, we sat there and stared at the locked door for an hour. After, as soon as it unlocked, we ran it again and everything but the skeleton key chests had respawned perfectly.

After we completed it and locked it a second time, I logged out inside the vault and found that I could log back in still inside the vault.

Interesting. Thanks for confirming.

I have some additional information. It’s now questionable whether or not the boss chests have actually been empty. It’s probably an entirely separate issue, but sometimes it is necessary to wait a moment and press E multiple times to loot a vault boss chess.

This unfortunately doesn’t change the fact that players were also reporting missing bosses and missing loot in the regular chests.

Server: Online Private (modded)

The chest on this location in the Asylum of the Fiends was empty even though the vault chest and the one on the right had loot (I am 100% sure that noone has run this vault for the last 12 hours).

TeleportPlayer 18253.216797 -330675.78125 -2477.850098

Mod list:
-Pippi - User & Server Management (ModID: 880454836)
-Fashionist (ModID: 1159180273)
-Stacksize Plus (ModID: 1396310739)
-Less Building Placement Restrictions (ModID: 1369743238)
-Unlock Plus (with Pickup) (ModID: 877108545)

Awesome, Narelle. Finally, some definitive confirmation that it is happening. Thank you.

Server: Online Private (modded)

The main chest is empty in Asylum of the Outsiders. 100% sure that no one has run this vault before us:

TeleportPlayer 356455.96875 -336986.59375 -1949.745483

Mod list:

Another chest missing its loot in Asylum of the Fiends:

TeleportPlayer 13666.763672 -372062.0625 106.730957

Funny enough, this time the right chest was empty (on my previous run it was the left one):
TeleportPlayer 18196.6875 -331308.59375 -2477.850098

Random chest missing loot in Sanctuary of the Snakemen:
TeleportPlayer -349019.0625 -385057.4375 -2461.993896

:thinking: Both chests missing loot but at least the main one was full (Sanctuary of the Snakemen):
TeleportPlayer -360807.59375 -384019.625 -2461.850098

Just cleared Den of the Wolfmen, private server, no mods installed, large boss chest at the end Empty, 2 side chests full.

@Ghanimede The same thing happened to me just now. The side chests were all full but the main chest is empty (Den of the Wolfmen). I am also 100% sure that no one has looted the chest in the last 17 hours.

2 Likes

Asylum of the Fiends: both small chests empty, large chest full. Last player before me was online 16 hours ago.

TeleportPlayer 18268.105469 -331118.6875 -2477.850098

Mod list:

Den of the Wolfmen: 2 small chests full but large chest empty:
TeleportPlayer 244286.453125 -327787.96875 -1949.849976

The boss was there, the door was open though:

Last player online before me, more than 17 hours ago. The server was also restarted in between.

Mod list:

+++
I did Refuge of the Goblinoids before and I am pretty sure that the boss was not there. I killed a bunch of imps but I didn’t notice any 3 skulled. I doubt that I would kill it so quickly without noticing. I was, however, able to open the chest room and loot a sigil.

+++
Sanctuary of the Snakemen: one chest empty, the other two were full.
TeleportPlayer -340316.71875 -383484.1875 -1117.849976

P.S. Vault is somehow bugged, there are hardly any monsters inside. Only the big lizards + the boss. There were 3 more empty small chests. At least the large one had loot.

Lucky u atleast got some full chests, for me 90% chests are empty, only those who is near Siptah ascension somehow are eveery time full… but vaults and such even u kill boss there is 70% possibility to get final chest empty… + Random moment of scrolls also are a bit idiotical, 14 days and only 1 scroll in chest… mostly actual bad things like vines, rocks, wood in chests, well one i got 700 iron ores :D…

I am playing on a small modded server. I know mods may cause certain issues but I am fairly confident that this is not the case here in the view of the mods I am running. I wanted to share my experience with others and hopefully get my findings reconfirmed by people playing on servers without mods.

In my case, we are not talking about any cooldown issues. Surely, 17+ hours and a server restart should be sufficient to get the vaults properly refreshed. It is something else that causes the chests to not spawn loot consistently. The issue appears to be random even though some vaults seem more prone to it than others (e.g. Den of the Wolfmen)

3 Likes

We’ve had this issue on my server as well. In terms of priority for a fix, the folks on my server would likely put it on a similar level as the dearth of crafters from T4 surges (i.e. urgent).

I’m having similar issues on my co-op game with my boyfriend. We keep having issues with empty chests, already open doors, missing enemies, and in worse cases, missing bosses, even from vaults we’ve not been in before.

We tried to do a vault we hadn’t done before, and the boss was missing from it’s room and the boss chest was also empty.

1 Like

It happens randomly. I have seen it even after a server restart with no players in the server. Empty final chest. I have not seen the bug where you have no boss.

Yestrday played on official with 4 players online forr 5 hours… i dont believe those 4 actully looted all chests on island, even those lore special like booze cave or vaults, but every single chest was total empty…

Right and also all vaults was opened with bosses inside, i mean last chamber was opeen already even boss was alive, and main chest empty, only what i figured out, if last chest glow blue, it will be full 100% if not then 90% empty… but all other chests then?? either opened or closed but total empty…

I ran Asylum of the Outsiders twice now, and both times there was no final boss. But the gate was unlocked and I could just stroll right in.

One of the times, the main chest was empty, but the side chests were okay.

Almost the whole way through, every other regular chest in the rest of the vault was empty. The first run, everything was empty. Chests appeared like furniture items, no visible squares inside that could load loot.

1 Like