Mother of all Patches PC Build 102943/18618 (05.07.2018)

Buggy forum tools. Here’s the proper post
Hey funcom,
What the heck did you do to break almost every mod that has a custom UI? LT’s minimap, fashionist, unlock plus, etc… Also I agree with the above comment - the game is becoming top heavy. I don’t see any changes in the MOAB/P that didn’t focus almost exclusively on PVP group players at 60. What about us running PVE with a bunch of ( players < 40) on a private server?

On the hotfix. Foundation spawning is still a thing. Most my named thralls (male or female) look like a naked white haired dude. Npc AI seems to be fixed. Temperature is not fixed, and more broken than yesterday. Also potions (elixir of freedom, reaper poison) wear off much faster than they should. Oh and did you intend for bosses to have super-regen? Tested against landslide and the scorpion boss and unless you keep DoT’s on them they start healing about 4x faster than they should be. Maybe that’s related to the timer bug? They seem to be able to pull attacks faster and are doing a lot of “teleporting” (mid-attack they next to their target, even after two double dodges backwards in full light armor with high Agility).

Anyway, keep at it. Wish I could get time credit when patches this buggy drop on g-portal. My server mates and I still aren’t going to be able to actually play without more fixes from you. Small dev team?

hotfix isnt out yet Hotfixes for the Mother of all Patches

Got an update earlier today on the game…

Been watching like a hawk too. I got a bunch of guys up my butt about when they can get back on and play like business as usual.

The big issue here is we are no longer in EA we are a fully released game. things missing when you paid for them is unacceptable. Would you be this way if you bought sometihng and things are missing from it? No you wouldnt you would go to where you bought it and demand they fix the issue. Same thing here we all paid for a working game not a gmae that randomly takes things away from random people.

2 Likes

https://forums.funcom.com/t/hotfixes-for-the-mother-of-all-patches/24114
So we dont get hotfix AND we get less fixes??? One instead of two???
Okay, you know im done.
ARK, here i come.

1 Like

have fun being raided by chinese at 4am

1 Like

there was going to be two but they are rolling the two hotfixes into 1 hotfix

1 Like

yes they learned from the previous patch that cramming a lot of stuff into 1 patch is a good idea, so why not do the same with a hotfix;)

1 Like

Salamander not giving glands anymore

One more update, which I am not happy to post but we have to unfortunately delay today’s hotfix until tomorrow.
On the bright side, you’ll get a two for one tomorrow, in the form of a bigger hotfix.

Once again, sorry for the delay. I know it’s frustrating to wait :confused:

2 Likes

What is your big plan for people who lost a lot of stuff due to your patch fix?

They point of this everything was fine before they patched game. This is a product we all paid for. When something that you paid for does not work you ask the company what they are going to do to fix what they messed up. Which includes what you lost also.

If they plan on doing nothing to fix lost items then that should be stated.

1 Like

Nothing was lost on my server either. I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that most players lost stuff. People generally don’t come on here to report that “everything is great, no problems” unless they’re an *** like me. If they do a “rollback” to return everyone’s lost items - which I suspect is impossible anyway - how is that fair to the people who’ve spent the last two days gathering resources that we would supposedly lose?

2 Likes

I don’t know that’s a bright side considering this patch was supposed to fix bugs and introduced more than it fixed. I’m thinking you guys would do better to release smaller hotfixes more frequently. Maybe hit the foundations problem first as it’s causing the most harm then move on in a solid progression towards fixes. I’ll say this the fact you have already announced ANOTHER premium DLC without any major changes, a few bugs fixed and more introduced is… Harrowing. Please get the core game up to a “full release” level before charging customers yet again for premium DLC. Especially to those of us who bankrolled this game in EA, you owe us that much. This isn’t TSW and we paid for the product you are supporting. “at least it’s free” doesn’t work like it does with freemium games.

4 Likes

I had purge when I was not in game!

As a developer I know how bug fixing, bug hunting and product development testing works. You probably don’t need to white knight for them buddy. My issue is that this game has been poorly handled from early on, with an unstable release, a lot of unfulfilled promises and long-present issues from EA that have never been properly addressed. Stand up for them all you want. My employers hold me accountable when I screw up the tools I develop and maintain and its a “you fix this yesterday” situation every time. I stand by my opinion - they have issues with trying to package too many changes in one box and it ends up breaking things badly. Fix one issue at a time, the right fix once and then move on. Isn’t rocket science. Now if you’re looking at how many need to be addressed… Well, my optimism faded long ago. I can deal with some bugs, but the history of patching for CE isn’t stellar.

5 Likes

Hello there,

I can confirm that I also lost some Thralls due to them glitchin through foundations/roofs and falling just down the whole base… I also found like 3 of em in the deepest hole of my base , but lost a little bit more just of dying…

the map markers and journey steps will be correctly displayed if you die once , it may reoccur, but after the next it will displayed again

Bright side? Nice spin lmao

How much more resources/progress must be lost because your team didn’t want to put in a hotfix ASAP.

Too little time to fix things and sleep is needed? Don’t put in trash updates that break the game then, oh and screw your PvP-only focus.

Roll back the patch, no one wants this crap.

1 Like

One of my favorite sayings. :+1:

@zirich

that can happen and for this you have your archer and fighter thralls ready on your walls.
you can avoid the purge currently by having bases on hills and covered all area with buildings, so they cannot find a clear spot to spawn.