Mother of all Patches PC Build 102943/18618 (05.07.2018)

software can be way easier changed than a shoe or something :smiley:

The thing is with physical products, what you get is an end product… a completed item. With software, things can always change, bugs can always be found… but the people that created said software has the ability to fix it… they just need feedback, time and patience from the consumer. Nothing is going to ever be perfect in every way.
Yelling, cursing or threatening them won’t make things any better.

Sure, it’s inconvenient… exercise patience. People just need to have a more relaxed and constructive attitude.

1 Like

I digress. Physical products can have “bugs” also. For example, look at what happened recently to some car brands that had mechanical problems. For example, VW had a problem with one electric car, so they call back the cars and solve the problem. But the bad press and consumer perception can’t be changed. Sales will, obviusly, fall, because possible customers will search for another brand or model, unless they’re very enthusiastic towards the brand.

I only agree that in sofware there’s a “tolerable” bug number, if, only if, the final product is good enough to be patient. For example: The Witcher series.

On the other hand, if your product (software) is plaged with bugs, then you have a serious problem with your quality control. And thats what’s happening here. They obviously don’t have a quality control, or a very limited one. They used the early access period for that, and we, the people that bought the game during that process didn’t complaint.

But since this is now a fully realeased game, we need to complaint. And we’re right to get angry. Because we invest time in this. Our time. And it’s absurd that we waste time in a game that wasn’t clearly ready for lauch. The developer even had the nerve to launch a comsmetic DLC and announce another one before fixing their game. We have the right to feel deceived and we have the right to demand that this problems are fixed asap, for 3 reasons:

1. Most people won’t trust again Funcom.
  2. Most people will stop playing this game.
  3. We need to push for better game developers, even if they’re small. We don’t have to agree with mediocrity.
6 Likes

I digress. Physical products can have “bugs” also. For example, look at what happened recently to some car brands that had mechanical problems. For example, VW had a problem with one electric car, so they call back the cars and solve the problem. But the bad press and consumer perception can’t be changed. Sales will, obviously, fall, because possible customers will search for another brand or model, unless they’re very enthusiastic towards the brand.

I only agree that in sofware there’s a “tolerable” bug number, if, only if, the final product is good enough to be patient. For example: The Witcher series.

On the other hand, if your product (software) is plaged with bugs, then you have a serious problem with your quality control. And thats what’s happening here. They obviously don’t have quality control, or a very limited one. They used the early access period for that, and we, the people that bought the game during that process didn’t complaint.

But since this is now a fully realeased game, we need to complaint. And we’re right to get angry. Because we invest time in this. Our time. And it’s absurd that we waste time in a game that wasn’t clearly ready for lauch. The developer even had the nerve to launch a comsmetic DLC and announce another one before fixing their game. We have the right to feel deceived and we have the right to demand that this problems are fixed asap, for 3 reasons:

Most people won’t trust again Funcom.
Most people will stop playing this game.
We need to push for better game developers, even if they’re small. We don’t have to agree with mediocrity.

3 Likes

The patch notes say this “Fixed collision to prevent building base east of Black Keep/Ruins of Xullan” is this referring to the ice cave to the east? Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Please a option for on/off this stupid sound

7 Likes

I’m really constructive: give us a refund or fix the game. Stop everything else and fix it like it is supposed to be in an finished game. I didnt pay to play early access … or dont play it because the last patch broke the game too much. After every patch I encounter more bugs … I really feel scammed by funcom.

So, with the patch after patch… is it safe yet to update our server? Been lying low, for dust to settle…

No-one will be able to connect to it if you don’t mate.
No - Its not safe, your game will still be full of bugs.
The dust has not settled yet buddy - Maybe return in November?!? :grin:

Seriously, if you’re concerned about your chests or other items going missing, take a backup first.

I don’t think @Tascha is the problem, If any I think she should be the head of her own team of Costumer care. She clearly knows what she’s doing. But she being the only one it’s kind of a bad move for a game like this. I’m pretty sure it’s the same with all other department: Great people working each aspect of the game, but not enough of them…

That’s it, I’m done with Funcom … I closed my private dedicated server and went back to another game (Empyrion Galactic Survival, a serious game with serious devs, not like the bunch of idiots at Funcom). This company will never ever again sell me anything and I will tell everyone not to buy their buggy game.

Good luck to you at Funcom, if I were working there, I would search for another job asap

Players are leaving and they won’t come back … ever !!

RIP Conan Exiles

1 Like

See ya back in a few days. I love Empyrion and Alpha 8 added alot to the game.

But once you do one big haul of Erestrium and Zascosium, you’ve beaten the game. Even on a PVP server its easy. People don’t fight in that game.

I couldn’t agree more. How could anyone think this was a good idea? The constant booming noise gets incredibly irritating really quickly.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA I will never come back to Conan, I played 500 hours since it was in EA and I loved it until they completely broke the game by launching it too soon, making a patch that made our T2 bench disapeared with T3 and Named Thralls in them, and not one time, but 2 times … with the Badest of All Patch and then with the Hotfix that should have fix the bugs introduced by the Badest of All Patch. I will stick to other games and never come back to any games from Funcom ever.

And yes Alpha 8 is awesome in EGS :wink:

2 Likes

I wish it weren’t true, I was pulling for FUNCOM. I watched this game and was SO looking forward to playing it for a long, long time. But now, they’ve made it impossible to recover your gear 60% of the time, this alone, coupled with the vast expense (and risk) of going after starmetal? It’s too cold, too hot, and too damn expensive to get to anything remotely resembling endgame after this patch. And the game is just no fun, as it is today.

So, after reaching 60 on hardcore highpop servers, and moving to a private server which is basically PVE with fulltime siege/pvp, why play if starmetal is almost impossible to get to, LET ALONE the rarity/random nature of the crap.

I have no reason to recommend this game, nor to continue playing.

1 Like

Crying Babydolls? :wink:

1 Like

That’s because they’re not leaving. Its a bluff or a troll attempt at best. People who leave just leave and don’t continue to play the game or drive hype in the forums by posting.

Atik can prove me wrong by simply never posting here again. But he’s bluffing. As most do.

Please, FUNCOM, don’t ever do this again. As someone who does QA for a living (and some development) I am completely forgiving of the bugs in software as most don’t realize how hard it is to make something so complex work well (just ask Bethesda). That being said you do not get a pass for releasing and charging people for a product that clearly still had some issues before launch. What’s done is done though and you need to fix it but releasing a massive patch like this was not a good idea.

First and foremost there’s no way you could have fixed every possible issue in one patch (and you didn’t even attempt to fix some of them, forget what you broke or made worse with this). Because of this you couldn’t have possibly made everyone happy all at once so doing so many doesn’t really serve a valuable purpose. Get your ducks in a row and release them in small, weekly (maybe bi-weekly) patches. It would be annoying to download one every week but it makes it easier to hotfix what you did to something stable.

To piggyback on that last point, smaller patches would let you pinpoint what broke what so you can roll it back or fix it more easily.

Lastly, rather than trying to fix everything we have a problem with you could more easily focus on the ones that make playing less tolerable. Noxious gas debuff to the volcano zone is far less of a problem for the average player than thralls falling through the world while being dragged. Same goes for ladder stability and thralls not fighting while you get mauled by animals. Sure some of those fixes are small and should be quick and easy but it’s hugely frustrating to see a list full of fixes for tolerable bugs when the intolerable stuff isn’t in there. Smaller patches with a big fix (and you can gauge those by the forms or perhaps a voting system) and then some smaller stuff would be idea.

9 Likes

Or the missing bodies? And the consequence of lost gear (Teliths, and Silent Legion) insanely hard to get those materials now.

I haven’t seen any benefit from the latest ‘patches’ just detrimental effects.

All these people must be friends with private server admins, and are able to have gear and thralls spawned for them when they go missing, or something.

The missing body thing is the biggest problem, IMO. As this gear is so hard to replace, if not impossible (in the case of legendary losses). And don’t get me started on how hard those keys are to get.

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s a fair point and one that a project team should discuss and come up with a plan. As an example one of the apps that we started using recently we have a meeting twice a month to discuss various things including bugs and features. This is one we use, not develop, but we have a custom build so we have a developer that is also included who takes notes and provides input. Funcom could do something similar. I’m not saying include players in the meeting but there’s enough data out there to see what players are complaining about the most. Those are the things you could theoretically focus on first. They also have the option of providing specific polls that we could all vote on. Just another way to obtain data.

1 Like