Mounds of the dead berserker

Have you looked at the building with a hammer? If it’s resetting, he wasn’t suspended.

In the old days, when we had to police our own servers, the established clans would work together to wall in the offender and leave signs for him to understand that we had spent time in this place. We had resources and friends. Perhaps acting like King Jackwad is not the way to go. It usually worked.

It seemed to have gotten really bad after the whole Covid lock downs and people started going back to work…maybe it is a time thing or maybe working set people off to be jerks online…doesn’t matter. It has gone down hill as far as the PVP experience goes to just a bunch machismo BS.

2 Likes

Hoo boy, reminds me of a bit of PVE-C server drama where I’m playing right now. This dude’s base decayed and when he came back, he found that a new clan was building in the same area. Not on top of the spot where his base was, but close to it.

He got pissy in chat for a few days and did some of that passive-aggressive building bullshіt – extending sandstone foundations to the edge of their claim – but that’s as far as that went, fortunately.

It didn’t escalate into outright griefing, because they all knew about the rules and the admins. And no one reported anyone for what little was going on, because they knew that the last time someone was reported, the admins wiped several rule-breaking builds and not just the reported one.

I can understand the guy’s frustration to a certain degree, because it turned out his stuff decayed because he had COVID. But still, intentionally blocking his neighbors’ claim and then saying “I was here first” is a dick move.

Yeah, I can confirm that from repeated personal experience. I’ve seen a clan of trolls and griefers wreak such havoc on 1821 that more than half of us migrated to a different server. This was in the days before the rules and before character transfers, when BattleMetrics still allowed you to stalk other players, so most of us created alts to use on the new server.

So every time I see people complaining about the rules, I sympathize with their particular situation, but I’m not sympathetic towards any calls to go back to the way it was before.

If you reported them, did you get an e-mail from Zendesk saying that they concluded the investigation? It should say:

If you didn’t get that e-mail, it means they haven’t processed your report yet. If you got that e-mail and more than 2 days passed since you received it, then there are two possibilities:

• they didn’t find anything wrong with his build, or
  • they decided to ban him without wiping his build
1 Like

Well, the wall decayed. But as far as the rest of their obnoxiously large land claim… it was refreshed.

Yeah, this is bull. Instead now their thralls just immediately kill the berserker.

If you are really serious about getting a Cimmerian 'zerker, there are several spawn points inside the Mounds of the Dead camp as well as a spawn point on Star Gazer’s Crest. It might take a little while to get one to spawn but it might be faster than waiting for the base blocks of the Hentai Lords to decay. U do not play multiplayer so I do not know what will happen with the thralls after the building decays. Still sucks what they did though.

You can get at least one of the berserker spawns in the camp and the one at Star Gazer’s Crest with no risk. You will literally take no damage if you use blunted arrows and stand at/on the right spot.

Before anyone asks why you would do this. Anyone that has a lot of lag or a poor connection that still wants to play Conan Exiles and capture thralls would greatly benefit from using the right technique. Also, why work harder than you have to?

1 Like