My entire clan was banned

My entire clan was banned because we farming Maelstrom with gas arrows and poison spears. They tell us that we used some exploit. I’ve been trying to get an answer from them for a long time what exploit do we use. And only today after reading the forum I realized that killing mobs with gas arrows led to their reappearance. How could we understand this? And to be honest, it’s not our fault. We just used a basic weapon that has been present in the game for a long time. And now it turns out that it’s our fault and not Fancom’s. We are bad because we used exploit, not Fancom because they did their job badly. I’m just amazed at how Fancom is putting the blame on us

“The use and abuse of hacks and exploits on official servers is not tolerated.”

“Exploits are uses and abuses of game mechanics to obtain an unfair advantage over other players including creating a detrimental play experience. For instance, item duplication, stashing of materials under the world terrain (undermesh), crashing servers or other player’s clients, accessing forbidden areas of the game and abuses of the building system of the game to negatively impact server and client performance.”

I doubt a private server owner would allow this exploit as well

Do you understand what you’re writing? We just killed mobs with weapons that were added to the game two years ago. You understand that this is just using the basic mechanics of the game? How can something that people have been using for years suddenly become an EXPLOIT?

Because it lags out the whole server. Your mindset of “it’s in the game, so it’s fine regardless of the effect on other players” is childish at best.