My main base decayed in two days

Oh, of course, Discord! Not an in-game announcement, not on the forums, not even on Twitter. No, Discord. Silly, silly players, how could anyone miss that Funcom ā€œdid everything but do a spam email telling everyone the decay timers were going back to a weekā€? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I was well aware of it and like most people do on this forum I made an erroneous assumption.
Youā€™ve never done anything like that, right :wink:

Oh, I have, plenty of times. I freely admit when Iā€™m wrong :wink:

1 Like

Thing is even if they did send out a forum post about it, it wouldnt be enough.

In game message is the least they can do. And there was no such message.

Majority of the playerbase is not reading the forum on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or not even at all. And thatā€™s nothing you sign up to either when buying the game.

3 Likes

So they put the actual date of server decay timers change only on discord?

The point here is that generalities of unspecified time when something is changing that will drastically affect game play is one thing, but when w date is determined, notice should be put out there that itā€™s going to happen so people can prepare for the change.

1 Like

Think it was H1Z1 they ran a red ticker banner all the time you were logged in, telling you about upcoming events; updates, official wipes ect. Players fell in to 3 types, the ones who read the banner and blew it off, those that gripped about the banner, and those that gripped they werenā€™t informed about the changes.

Yup. Everything that you said is correct.

And why would I go to an unofficial discord to get official information?

2 Likes

Because you have been here long enough to know how Funcom operates :grin:

I left the discord. Itā€™s even nicy nicer then here. And this much nice is hard for me to do.

1 Like

Man, itā€™s always bugged the crap out of me that there is not an official discord. Iā€™m in it but muted it as I always assumed that Funcom would use their own channelsā€¦

Youā€™re right on both accounts though.

Iā€™m sad for OP :frowning:

Was there an announcement in discord? I donā€™t see any message in the announcement channel related to decay timers.

Ignasis posted on 20.12 (hotfix patch) and then 19.01 (TestLive patch)

EDIT: I did a search and as far as I can see, it was players talking about the timers on 05.01, no messages from Funcom though.

2 Likes

I have 1400k hours in this game. Was logging in every few days to render my base yet one day i log in to see it gone. My portal outposts were still there amd fine so something bugged at my base. Im upset that i lost a massive ton of stuff amd hundreds of hours of work. But, what has me fumed is i lost my crafting thralls, mainly my 2 shieldwrights. I have spent a fortune on this game, deal with non stop bugs and tons of crashes yet still play. I can say im not going to spend another cent , had my thralls amd pets been gone i would have deleted the game amd never touched it. Really sad how you treat loyal players.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.