I would like to share my trouble in hope that maybe some of you could help me out.
As my experience does not seem to concern other players I believe my problem might me related to my settings / hardware / software rather than being an ingame Bug. ( I also do blame Funcom for it’s poor optimization of the game but let’s not vocalize that).
What is happening is that every fight my screen freezes for 1~2 seconds.
I see it as a complete freeze: I run at around 60fps, combat starts then my screen freezes, fps counter shows next 15fps and goes back up to 55 (well, I have an fps drop during a fight, that is to be expected).
I will list my computer specs below, but having too low specs is not an issue here.
I believed it was due to the amount of graphic effects that come with the abilities cast at the start of a fight BUT :
- It did not seem to matter if I am in Duo Scenario, a Dungeon or a Raid, always same freeze.
- I lowered my GFX settings but this did not help.
Then I conducted a few tests: during a BM Lair I would get as close as possible to the mobs, so I was drowning in spell effects, but no freeze was noticed, not even a considerable framerate drop.
Being in the middle of a storm of abilities would not trigger it.
Then I noticed a second thing:
Even if I was completely away of the fight, but I would enter combat mode because of some mechanic that initiates the fight for everyone : I would freeze.
I proceeded with a test on mobs that do not trigger combat mode when other members start a fight :
So during same run with the same people using same builds so same spells, no relogs, no reloaduis > if I am on standby in the middle of effects, no fps drop but if I throw a single punch that makes me enter combat mode I get an immediate freeze.
The ping is steady and does not affect nor get affected by the freeze.
It is extremely annoying to have your game freeze with every fight especially when you have waves of mobs.
Has anyone encountered this kind of trouble before?
My specs :
- GTX 1060 6Gb Windforce OC
- i5 6th gen
- 16Gb RAM
- OS on SSD, Game on SSHD drive (Hybrid, part SSD, part HDD, allocates most used files in the SSD cache so I have quick load screens for regions I visit often but slow ones for regions I don’t play that often )
- WIn 10
- I am running the game on highest settings, with ~75fps on less populated areas and ~60fps when in Raid. (We will not discuss Agartha)