My Single Player Save Locks? Am I a dead man?

Game mode: (Single-player)]
Type of issue: Crash

The game froze on me and now every time I try to continue the save the game locks up and needs Task Manager to end it. Sometimes happens immediately, sometimes I have a few seconds before it locks.

I’ve removed all mods and still, same deal.

Any ideas, or am I just SOL? Thanks for any help!

Windows 10…GTX1080 latest drivers.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start the game
  2. Continue the game
  3. Start Task Manager and choose “End Task”
  4. Bum out.

Have you verified files via steam?

What mods were you using? Depending on the mod, removing them could involve them having lingering effects even after removal.

Have you tried reverting to an older save?

Thank you. Verifying files now.

How does one revert to an earlier save?

I’m suspecting the new nvidia driver. Now I’m getting some sort of D3D crash even while navigating menus.

steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

Locate game.db. You should have several game.db’s in here all with time stamps to indicate when they were created. You can grab one of these and rename it game.db to tell the game to use that one instead of the current one instead. Always remember to create backups when doing this kind of stuff though, just in case.

Maybe download Nvidia’s latest driver and do a clean install, just to rule it out if nothing else.

Rolled back drivers, rolled back save. No joy. Game crashes even in the menu. It’s never been particularly stable. Oh well. I’d upload the error message I’m getting (I get an error message in the menu, only rarely in the game) but the forum won’t let a new user upload images.

I’ll be setting this game aside for awhile.

Just an update…I believe this was a dying vid card issue and will be looking to RMAing the card. (An EVGA GTX1080FTW). Thanks to multigun for the attempt to help.

Oh dang. Well at least EVGA has good customer service, or so I hear. I’ve bought EVGA cards for years and never had any problems, even my latest card is an EVGA (2080 TI FTW3). Hope that solves your problem Ghostwheel.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.