My thrall refuse to attack!

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Performance? Misc?
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

I have this problem that my thrall does not attack anything, nor defend me at all. I play as a bowman. (In other games I’m always sniper, I like that playstyle), but I need to be defended. And right now my thrall does not do that. She doesn’t even attack even if I point at a target and tell her to attack. She just pulls out her weapon and then puts it away just as fast again. I can’t play right now, All I can do is collect things and build things. And If I wanted that I could just play FO4 and Sim Settlements. :slight_smile:
Anyone have a solution to this or is it just a wait for a bugfix somewhere in the future?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Play the game
  2. Attack anything or be attacked
  3. Run for your life
  4. Too late, you died. Is that the thrall laughing over there?
2 Likes

First, make sure their attack and chase distance is set to maximum.
Second, make sure you assign them either melee or range priority accordingly.
Third, if they are archers and all you want them to do is fire arrows, remove any melee weapons they have on them.
I had the same issue as you and this fixed it.

It’s still a bug though because the thrall should be set to how far we want the engage to happen. I would like to set mine to 15 yard attack 30 yard chase so the thrall will leash to me and not run off to ? to attack something I can’t even see when 2 things are beating on me.

Setting it to max attack and chase does make it attack though but it’s not optimal for user experience to have settings that don’t work properly. My thrall runs around like a wild animal or sits there and does nothing productive.

I have a few theories as to what causes this.

First is that the range is not written correctly so it just leashes distance would be .15 instead of 15.
The second is it somehow gets stuck thinking in horse AI to just follow me.
The third might be that when it comes to return the flag does not trigger and so it keeps trying to return.

2 Likes

I never went “all in” on the attack and chase distance. I’ll try that now, hopefully it helps. Thnx for the tip. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.