Need advice for new PC

Good luck, Jarafin! BTW, who are you in game? You can DM me if you want to…

Mostly what I have been playing are

Jarafin- Ranger
Peitrei- PoM
Arajtos- unconquered ToS

Arajnif- conqueror, building a guild city alone for now

Jaratai barb (rp toon, buys and sells) and a demo I actually forget atm :grinning:

1 Like

Crom or Fury? Sorry, nosey, concerned and curious…

LOL

Crom server.

And by Crom’s icy beard, my PC has just arrived! Pray it works after shipping.

Will Update later.

1 Like

Update: so far so good, running just fine.

Downloading some other smaller games now, Age of Conan as usual will probably take forever, I will most likely do it over night.

Still waiting for the GPU, but it incredibly nice to be back online and with Win10, which I resisted but looks pretty nice.

Thanks all, again for advice and encouragement, I knew I needed to upgrade for some time, but to have a pc die drove me crazy.

1 Like

Age of Conan runs fine, slightly better than before and that is with only onboard graphics. This is low settings. Until I get the GPU installed (hopefully today) I am not trying anything else with settings.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Final verdict…
After some tense moments with hardware install, a power outage and even more tense moments while all the internal drivers and software updated, more tense minutes getting my monitor in snyc, I can finally say…

Holy moley, sweet baby Yoda…it’s a whole new game graphically…a remaster just for me. I ran high settings before (on rare basis) but to do it the wb with other people there, with little or no lag is beyond awesome.

Now maybe I can sleep…:smiley:

9 Likes

Awesome! Great to hear that everything works fine!

1 Like

gz man, been the same effect for me when I jumped from phenom2 to i7 lol

1 Like

Talking about tense moments in pc building, last year I built my new desktop. After spending the morning fitting the hardware in, I finally put it all together. 10 seconds after I hit the power button and windows 10 setup begun, power went out and finished all os setup on ups… :scream::scream::scream:

Man, I feel you. I had just got the card in and running the setup disk- wham power went out for two hours! I was sweating it out, but when came back and a few error messages and an hour more, finally got everything going :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.