Need help saving our server from jerks

@Reapypursoul the link below is the official thread upon which I based my complaint. I have emailed them back to inform them that you have offered to work with us in a reasonable manner, and requested they have someone chime into this discussion. As I mentioned to Sleepy, they are stretched pretty thin, so I do not know if they will reply again, but hope springs eternal.

https://forums.funcom.com/t/harassment-and-griefing-issues/15950

I appreciate that we seem to be moving in a good direction here, and should anyone else move to block the spawn area I will happily join you in becoming a pain in their ass.

You copied that from the forums :face_with_raised_eyebrow: fact is until I get pmed then yer but I’m not blocking the spawn people can still play and join so false accusations go nowhere

Yes, that article was the basis for the claim, and I have been exchanging some constructive emails with Funcom support. I do not know what they will do, and the article makes clear that they lack the resources to get involved very often and would vastly prefer if players worked things out for themselves. I have sent them an email letting them know that you have demonstrated a willingness to work this out in good faith, and therefore you can rest a bit easier knowing that I am not asking them to take any punitive action at this time. I hope they choose to chime in here, but I have no idea what they will do.

I am not trying to pull anything over on you, and you will learn that I am good to my word.

I have a difficult time accepting just leaving the doors open as they were closed before and can easily be closed again in almost no time. My strongly held preference is that we agree to keep the server open, and oppose any effort by anyone to seal them.

I know this stuff can feel pretty personal at times, but it is not. I wish I had chosen a word other than jerk in the title, as I would be happy living on the same server as you guys.

Note that not only have I shown you respect for the challenge you add to the game, but even Decayed did so here, and has said they enjoy fighting you, even if they lose.

If you take a step back and think about it, there is an opportunity here to bury the hatchet between all parties, remember we are all here because we love the game, and decide on things like whose side we are on based on what we feel will be most fun.

One other thought I have here is that it would be good if @Ecluzi were to make a commitment for Decayed here that they will not ever wall the spawn point if you do agree to give it up.

@Reapypursoul given the length of my prior post here, I do think it is a good idea to clarify a few points.

While I do not wish to share private emails I have exchanged with Funcom, I think it is fair to share a few basic facts.

1. My conversations have been with customer support, not the devs.

2. They have not made any commitment to me, only had some constructive communications.

3. I honestly have no idea what they will do at this point.

4. I have provided them the link to this thread and asked them to weigh in to help in resolving the situation.

5. I would be considerably happier if this is resolved without them needing to take any disciplinary action. That is why I made sure to let them know we are trying to work this out.

We @ Decayed don’t have the time or the will to wall anything off… I’d probably hop on RDR2 before I’d spend 10+ hours walling something off. I can speak on behalf of my clan that we would never do this.

2 Likes

It’s worth noting that server restarts can cause doors and gates that have put on a open position with instructions not to auto-close to go into the shut position.
One solution to this issue is to keep the gate/door frame but remove the actual gate/door. Or to provide elevators next to the gate/door.

From reading various forum posts I got the impression that in other cases where Funcom has banned the entire guild for blocking access from character spawn location into the rest of the game, they have not issued warnings but simply banned all in the clan from joining any official server.

Thanks for chiming in @Kwalya. Good information to know

Kwalya you be lying the gates have stayed open for a long time now if you want to prove me wrong come online after restart and show me a recording of you running past the wall for a good amount of time.

There seems to be a mis-understanding. I did not mean to imply this has occurred to the gates in this structure specifically.

My comment re: gates & doors shutting randomly after a server restart was a general comment on what might occur based on what I have witnessed on my pc PvE server.
Specifically my clan-mate placed a gate and left it open with instructions for it not to close … when we next logged on after a server restart, the gate was closed.
Apologies if you thought it was specifically directed at your clan. I thought the information that server restarts may over-ride the instructions causing it to shut without the owning clan telling it to might help calm people down when they come across it closed.

Oh np we on xbox so must be only a pc problem

We removed the doors but as far as the land claim goes no because now we’re not blocking nothing you can join and and play the game and experience all that Conan offers if these guys were not so troll like and didn’t bully others we wouldn’t have to take such measures to prevent exploiters and dos members now the server is beautiful no disconnecting no lag switchers no duper’s legit players decayed still linger but raiding them daily will prove my point we don’t need a wall we just use skills :heart: Rip whitewolf and decayed :heart::smiling_imp:

@Reapypursoul the server is ‘beautiful’ because it’s been largely empty lately. The only time we see issues is when we deal with large battles involving large structures. The ONE X seems to be able to handle it, older consoles seem to have serious challenges.

That said, removing the gates seems like a good start to me. It is not what I want as a permanent solution, but I am listening to you and Sleepy, and trying to treat your stated concerns seriously.

I have been sending support updates on these discussions, and asking them to get a moderator to chime in. I do not know if they will reply to me again or what they will do, but I am trying to be fair to you here.

I am also honored that I finally topped Decayed on your list.

I still do not think anyone is actually launching DOS attacks, but I can only say for sure that I would never even consider doing so.

This is for everyone who has joined us in this once contentious, but now at least somewhat civil and productive discussion.

Given the fact that I have made myself into a serious pain in the collective ■■■■■ of the Spartans, there is a very real chance they will soon obliterate everything our small clan has been building since the infancy of this server.

We are quite proud of the castle we built with only 2 people, and I decided it is a good time to get some pictures of it to share with you all.

Perhaps we will be lucky and avoid the fate of becoming “La Resistance” hiding in cracks and mountains, but I wanted to share this with all of you for posterity.

12-7-2018_10-25-25_AM-fc24cgv5 12-7-2018_10-25-27_AM-b1aaraeg 12-7-2018_10-25-26_AM-kkqfcegq

Yer say goodbye to that base as I said it’s conan keep crying about being raided we was here on the server before anyone with 2 clans furyons and mitra yes you’ll be raided whitewold and yes decayed you will continue to get raided I’m playing the game legit so Rip buddy’s

You have not been a pain just to add your just all salty over being raided I think pve is more suited to you all your bully tactics got shoved back in ya face when you bit offf more than you can chew :smiling_imp:us​:smiling_imp: server tax us lol now we should tax you guys that’s only fair right? You told me to pay tax now it’ll be other way around :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have never complained about being raided. It’s part of the game. We just rebuild and move on.

If repeatedly attacking a small clan makes you feel better about yourself, have fun. Maybe we will build a memorial where it used to be after you burn a giant stack of explosives to destroy a giant empty building.

1 Like

FYI. This morning I visually confirmed that the doors are gone, so from the perspective of this issue I think we are good for now. I will make sure to inform Funcom that we have reached this point and request they not take action at this time.

I will of course keep posting about this soap opera as things play out, so stay tuned.

TBH, doors gone may not stop a ban. All it takes is for them to go up once, and a new person cannot get in. The idea is this an official server. and no one gets to decide if the doors on noob river stay open or not. Obelisks and resource spawns are open to this sort of “Defense”, but noob river is where new level 1’s log in and join the game. I would think Funcom does not want someone who just shilled out money to not be able to play on a free server. Just giving a heads up, as I hate to see someone banned because they thought they were compromising, when in reality, noob river blocking is not up to server votes.

3 Likes