Nerf the enemies ASAP!

The spider’s venom OP. LV 60 vs spider boss is a nightmare. You countering what you’re saying.

Now that I would agree. In solo mode bosses shouldn’t have been buffed.

Lad the reason for the nerf is for solo mode.

O and you can also pin the spider with a elevator to attack without being hit. Use foundations make a tower 6 high put elevator on it kite her there and lower elevator on her it pins her.

Problem with that is they can’t seem to program things separate.

I think this is already changed on PC, but if you’re on console, just bring palisades. Build it wide enough so you and the spider can run in, and only wide enough for you to run out. Then put palisades behind the spider. The spider will then take damage from your palisades.

You can still do this on PC, however you’ll have to attack the spider while it’s in the palisades. Dunno if PC has it where the spider, or any other boss creature, can’t hit you while in this palisade “jail” like console does. But if it does, you can just stand far enough away from the palisades, use a pike, bring some repair kits and voila. You have killed the boss creature and taken little to no damage.

Or just hop up on a rock and shoot it with snake arrows. You’ll keep its aggro and by doing so it’ll just stand there staring at you since it can’t hit you. If you want to kill it a little faster bring some gas orbs to use as well.

If you’re really adventurous and you have a base near by a boss creature, just build a wall at your base, put archers on top, then go kite the boss back to your base and let the thrall do all the work. Just stand on the wall and watch the boss just kind of stagger back and forth as it has no idea what to do.

It’s much easier to kill a boss creature with 2 or more people, obviously. So as a solo player, you just need to get creative.

1 Like

As much as I admire your ingenuity @Icedhuntsman this is not a real challenge or even real 1-on-1, no wonder people get bored doing such things all day does not sound like a challenge at all.

Do not get me wrong, I am not telling you at all how you should play, do whatever you like the power may be with you :slight_smile:

Back to OP’s request:
NO, do not support that claim.
There is a difficulty setting use that instead but we do not need yet another nerf because of PVP or whatever reason.

2 Likes

I tested spider vs sword. with and witthout admin command. Death by spider without admin commands. With admin commands it was a long and I mean long time to kill. It was like nails on a chalk board. It was like getting your toe smash.

Slow and painful. Dull grinding for little reward.

You will love the scorpion-king or the giant-crocodile very much then :slight_smile:

Later we pulled up to fight against the elephant-boss, was quite entertaining, now we want to build an arena for boss-battles but that might be too off-topic.

If you play solo I recommend you to browse the Steam workshop and install a mod decreasing boss-health to match sp games.

Shoud you be on a server I suggest you team up and slay those together with friends, more fun anyway.

2 Likes

Sure.
Archery has been nerfed - and I was utterly destroyed then.

However, the reason why people tell to go with set arrows is their poison. Because 10 stacks of poison probably deal more damage in one tick than best bow+arrows. (Without accuracy of course!)

However there is a second reason to nerf those bosses.
Once the purge will be fixed to funtion properly, there will be spider, scorpion and… crap I forgot which else purge. Those come with those bosses at the end.
OR they just copy and paste, call one spider purge spider an give that one lower HP - same amount like else last wave purge enemies.

1 Like

It’s a good thing when it’s hard ^^

1 Like

Do you mean the Demon Purge with the Dragon in the end?

Good thing I do not have to worry about the Purge but I would probably soil myself should I spot a scorpion-king coming up, those things are sooooo freaking mean.

A Dragon me and my friend can handle, scorpion-king not so much :stuck_out_tongue:

I really didn’t like when they doubled the boss HP right before launch. If you can attack a few times then dodge roll out of the way, it will not make it more difficult by adding HP, just more tedious.

If you can survive half the health of their current status, you can most likely survive the rest of the way. The better way to add difficulty would have been to make their attacks more difficult to read than doubling hp.

4 Likes

hp sponges are not fun
reduce hp and add challenging mechanics

2 Likes

What make the bad guys weaker cause you can’t handle it? No thanks

They werent doubled. The HP was more like tenfold.
If they would reduce the current HP to 33% and add less predictable actions, including massive AoEs…
Now think of special attacks being unlocked for bosses once they hit 25% and below… That they would be granted attacks which deal… 1000 damage and instantly break shields? (To be reduced by armor. Light and medium armored people would have to pay close attention for them not to be oneshot. Said attack would need to be done in half or a whole second, but no longer.)

Exploiting isnt really “handling” them.
(Set arrows while being out of range, using door frames… any else tricks to avoid being damaged. Aside of kiting.)

1 Like

Bad guy? The gaint spider female. I’m guessing a spider queen. Egg and baby spiders.

Not all enemies are male. I want enemies nerf so they aren’t boring HP sponges.

i agree, different attacks would be funnier, and make it ever better, Higher HP make it more tedious, longer to fight, but add in def nothing more.

While bosses can be soloed yes, it’s mostly long. And after doing it several time, it becomes kind of boring to. I would also wish they had more different attacks and ways to react to us.

3 Likes

Need keys and play solo, go kill the rocknose king. He dies in a couple minutes with axe and shield. Then go collect legendary items

What gives you the impression that you should be able to solo a world boss with a one handed sword and no shield? I suggest you try playing the game sober (and maybe only post when you’re sober, too).

Also, there are a million mods out there that decrease boss HP. Go download one of those.