Nerf vault! ASAP!

and maybe you just can’t loose your op vaults :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
please try raid 1 vault as solo player vs 1 vault building as solo player, you will see a huge difference in terms of time and cost efficeny, it’s just unbalanced.

I can bring down your alpha status just by spamming vaults with a few people until you are out of resources.

I will build multiple vault villages with 30+ vaults spread over the place, keeping my stuff secure. Every time you go to destroy my empty decoy vaults, I will nibble on your base until it finally falls to dust.
I won’t have a base, I will only abuse vaults to secure my stuff and bomb your fortress. If you bring down a vault, 2 more will be built already.

1 Like

Well that’s a pretty big miss of the point lol. And no, when you have 10-24 people farming the resources to take down a vault, it isn’t hard and it doesn’t take much time at all. The only thing that dissuades most people is that if you’re only one or two people, it does take a LOT of time to farm the bombs needed. I’ve never wasted bombs on a vault, literally the only thing someone could have kind of worth is is arch priests in their vault. And even then, meh. The rest of it isn’t worth the time.Conan, at this point, isn’t a game that rewards a lot by robbery motivated raiding. Legendary weapons are easy to get, and Dragonbone is 99% as good and even easier. It’s super easy to make each and every armor, and structure pieces are able to be farmed 50-100 per the time it takes to make 2-3 bombs. As far as bases getting nibbled? It takes seconds to repair a base. Minutes to reinforce and improve it. AND even then, when it’s war time, we just put everything in the vaults. The game isn’t like Ark, which is good, you can’t get a mega tribe of Dbags and have them faceroll people so bad they can’t come back. Also, to Davewolf, out of resources? Have you seen what kind of farming a 22 man alliance can do in an hour? It sucks, but smaller clans with no allies cannot even hope to match what even a good midsized group can do. A vault per player…that might be okay. But really, I think the thing is that people should realize that there’s really not much worth grinding a vault over. It’s only in need of being ‘nerfed’ for those offline raider types who don’t want to fight and just want a quick n’ easy in and out.

1 Like

Well I like the idea of having a cool-down timer on placing vaults though I’d ask for one other tweak as a companion to that: The ability to dismantle building materials in our inventories without having to place them first.

You’d still be able to have all of the vaults you want, but it would take some time and dedication to building up that many and perhaps create more emphasis on defending them from attack… (I don’t like the idea of nerfing their HP or the total amount a person can have as I still think that having a relitivly safe place to stash some emergency supplies should things go south for you to be important to keeping people around… )

In short if we want things to be easily lost/destroyed they should be easily replaced too… (That goes for what all we actually put IN the vault)

Alternatively we could do a rework of the vault: Make it more of a panic shelter that is just as durable as the vault we have now, but with a small interior space that provides 100% protection to the stuff we place inside while it’s closed up.(Like Chests/crates/perhaps a bed or bedroll)

Saying it’s hard for a solo to make explosives is not correct. I made a 100 jars last night in about 2 hours of farming. If you know where to go and have a system it’s easy. Most people think it takes a long time cause they sit and wait for each thing to make before going for the next res.

You mean from scratch or with some material ready? or maybe you’re not including the skin>tar>steel fire process?

Otherwise you’d have to :

• Farm 5500 skins (Not too bad, but since last patch you can’t really farm humans so Tundra/Savannah. Kind of slow with 50 encumbrance. But ok, let’s say you can clear savannah in 20 minutes.

You then have to transform 5500 skins into Tar.
That means Bark for tanneries. So go farm some dead trees.
How many Tanneries? Of course you need T4 in every single tannery otherwise you need more skins.

Then you have to transform 5000 Tar into steel fire (keep the remaining 500 to actualy craft the jars)

Farm 2500 crystals and a bit of brimstone

2500 stones + craft stone jars (If T4)

Craft the powder.
(Add to that the travel time to every key point on the map)

So maybe you can do it in under 2hours if you don’t include the skin>steel fire crafting. But keeping your sanity in the process is another story :slight_smile:

I still call it “hard” for a solo player. Not hard as in risky, just long and tedious.

I have a Outpost in a few areas each with their specific purpose. I have one near Crock cave for more hide and brimstone. one in South for Crystal one in central for hide. I start with hide being it takes longest. There are trees in Savannah that give alot off bark. So I get 100 bark to start then hit the hides. Once full on hides I get the rest of the bark I need. From there I port to sinkhole to head to Crock cave there I get brim and more hide drop it at that post to start turning those hides. Then I head to Crystal cave load up on Crystal. I then take that back to Crock base drop it off and start turning what’s ready into steal fire. I then head back to Savannah to get what’s done there and take it back to Crock cave to convert it. After that I head to volcano to farm more Crystal blood and brim from the monsters there. Once that’s done I have everything I need. I Port to Savannah pick up last of tar. Port to Crock cave pick that stuff up. Port to main base drop everything into 8 alchemy benches splitting it up even and start it. The entire trip around map takes only 2 hours at most. By time PvP starts I have at least 2 hundred explosive easy.

Now after update it may take a little longer I’m still playing pre update. I’m on Xbox so new update hasn’t hit yet.

Now assuming they cut res gathering in half that only double time that’s still around 200 explosive in 4 hours.

Why do trolls always have to ruin it for everybody else… A limit of 2 per clan would just make people make several clans. If i want to be able to store stuff in mass a vault is the only way. I would suggest limiting to maybe 8. Then if they can do it, make the decay timer work on the number of items in it?

See I think there is a chance that it might not be technically feasible to limit the number of vaults a clan can have to the number of players in that clan… (I mean how would they manage that? You’d have all kinds of problems…)

Such as figuring out how to handle an overabundance of vaults in a way that doesn’t piss off the playerbase… (Because you know that if you introduce a vault limit there WILL be players or clans that have exceeded it… Randomly deleting vaults wouldn’t do any good because people might have stuff inside that vault they don’t want to loose.)
Not to mention how players leaving or being kicked from the clan could mess with that…

And making vaults “Personal property” also runs into the issue of what do we do about the vaults already in game? (As well as issues again relating to “Claimed” land and vaults… Because you know there will be trolls who join a clan put a vault in an inconvenient spot and then leave and the clan can’t do anything about it until the decay timer runs down…)

No I don’t think limiting the number of vaults is a good idea either… Perhaps if they took longer to build(As in once you get all the mats together it takes a much longer time to bake the ingredients into a functional vault… But then again that could be gotten around by having multiple vaults baking at the same time… and then we get back into the same issues but now with workbenches, unless we move the vault construction from the workbench and into the players inventory, in which case that might work…)

TLDR; If we want to limit vault spam, perhaps the best possible solution move the construction of vaults from the workbench into the players inventory…(That way each player could only have one vault baking at a time, and then maybe just increase the baking time…)

Thats why i suggested if its possible to make vaults with nothing in them decay faster.

1 Like

The issue with limiting to a number of structures is then someone builds a sidewalk from noob beach all the way to the black galleon so their main base and thrall wheel are technically 1 structure. What happens if said walkway gets destroyed? You can’t just dismantle the building because 1 foundation got blown up

Why? Because raiding is too hard? Just get more explosives, grease, and summon a god.

Increasing the material cost of a vault might slow down a vault spammer a little, but it will hurt smaller clans disproportionally compared to larger clans with more harvesting power. Just leave vaults alone for now. The only solution is to farm materials and blow the things to pieces.

2 Likes

It sounds to me like vaults are a bit broken.
I think reasonable for vaults would be around 200-300k hp instead of 600k. they would still be way tougher than any t3 wall (70k hp)

Make them only placeable on a foundation, but you could make them just fall when a foundation is destroyed like ark does so someone still need to break the vault to get the stuff.

They also need to follow the same decay rules and building location limits of any other object, Ie not building near another players base or important locations and decaying just like a building would.

It seems like that would strike a good balance with having well protected items from quick raids with them being impossible to get in or used in place of walls and used to trap players in their own base or cut off resources.

Any clan can raid vaults with a little effort. Small clans and solo players will struggle more due to less people helping.

There is nothing wrong with the 600k hit points, we destroy vaults, sometimes we win lots of loot sometimes it is not so full.

Vaults built on foundations don’t always fall.

Vaults need planning to raid, why does everyone want the game to be easy?

1 Like

Funcom do not nerf the vault over jealous admins running servers// Nerf those extremely and horrendously overpowered spears. I watched a level 25 run all over new asgarath 2 hitting level 3 and 4 fighters.

There are 4 different outcomes:

A: Get it down to 100k HP. See naked enemy approach it with a hammer. A few hits and what? You can start again.

B: Get it down to 100k HP. See naked enemy approach it and he runs away to one of his other 233423423542342 vaults. Finish the vault and the result is empty.

C: Enemies are offline. You crack the vault and get the loot.

D: Enemies suddenly outnumber you and get all your powder.

NO TO VAULT NERF!!! What a horrible idea. Reminds me of sony. A few “PVERS” complain to much about stuff and suddenly pvp servers die completely