Never be raided anymore on PVP servers (100% legal exploit)!

It was shown in the trailer that the new map will have live events like those portals raining purge thralls, a new sandstorm with monsters and Yog God spawn as a world boss. This will be intense pvp action, since these events will draw the attention of the entire server.
You’re missing out on the game.

1 Like

yes in a game where you have to grint one week to have something, if going this way x10 harvest, no more suitable for solo player and litttle clan. command so now you can be sure to have offline raid ? you have to be conencted 24/24 ? good bye

No, normal raid times (17-23) will enable you to raid someone online or offline but only 2 days on the week (Friday and Saturday) instead of 7 days actually. This is very bad for PVP servers.

And if you are online the rest of the time and 30 min more, but with the hidden players list you can not see who is online or not. So you can not check all the servers bases manually every hour …

you can see who is connected, console log show

The thing with private servers is that I know personally everyone on my server and if someone tried to do things like that they’d be personally asked to not do it again and if they persisted they’d be dropped off the server.

Coloque um tempo de 7 dias para entrar em outro clã após sair de um. Acho que resolve ou dificulta para os espertinhos.

no offline raiding is encouraged in fact, despite the first wording they did to define new change of raid system. good luck to all new player.

you are raidable during the 6h of pvp time even if you are or not here, are you raidable if you are online outside pvp hour, and even 30mn after. you have only the sunday where you can farm without being raided, good luck.

No we need to keep the traditional 6 hour open raid windows every days, it is a PVP server! You already have full raid protection the 18 others hours.

And for the other raiding level when you are online anytime it will be worse than before for solo players or small clans. Big clans will patrol the server full day and raid any online player, you can not be safe outside raid time. Good luck to start on a new server.

Finally this can be abused, and will be abused like crazy to avoid being raided :

• sunday to thursday, use an alt account to not be online during peak time on evening. Full raid protection.
  • Friday and Saturday, body vault everything outside the base during raid time and open all base doors. use an alt account to raid others players.
1 Like

they apparently changed again the wording

For official PVP servers we are currently planning to have both features enabled, with the scheduled building damage being set for Friday and Saturday during peak server time and Dynamic Building Damage being always enabled with 30 minutes logout window. This will mean that players will be able to damage buildings during the scheduled building damage windows OR if any building owner is online and for 30 minuets after they logoff, subject to feedback.

so yes now 6h pvp hour are only friday and saturday, and raidable any time if logged + 30 mn after. well it"s better. funcom i suggest that you clarify all that, should have been explained in the stream developer; it’s the main point for your player. if that, this is more acceptable for me, and allow to test the new map without having to defend your base on conan exiles every day. my thought is that funcom should allow a window (i don’t know 2 weeks - 1 month) to give opportunity to a player to test new map if they want to, without puting into risk what they built on conan exiles. this last wording allow that, as there is just 2 day where to defend on old conan. after we will have to choose either go back to conan exiles, either abandon conan exiles and dominate on new map if we think it worth it.

1 Like

but yes i agree berseker will be a nighmare for new player that will become target, solution is may be give a protection to new player, but this can be abused by alt account as you said.

I’ve been playing on a private server with an offline raid mod installed (which appears to be working correctly) and from what I can tell, at least at the beginning, the amount of raiding that’s happening will drop way way down. At least, that’s what happened on that server. From what I can tell, the server was pretty busy until the mod went live, and then raiding basically just stopped.

My suspicion is that, over the last couple of years, the current Conan Exiles gameplay has been unintentionally weeding out all the players that aren’t into offline raiding. So initially, PvP will be dead as a doornail as all those offline raid only players quit in disgust.

Then hopefully it’ll pick back up as the players that want to build and defend bases, and raid defended bases, start coming back.

3 Likes

After reading the announcement, this is what I was thinking too. It sounds like there is no “regular” raid times except for Friday and Saturday. But then there is the following statement at the bottom of the same announcement, in the FAQ section:

The Sunday comment seems to conflict with what is said about Friday and Saturday.

Completely disagree with this. Some form(s) of offline protection is exactly what the game needs. The game has a reasonable to low population as is but the trend is activity - getting raided, leaving to never return. I’ve seen this happen SO many times in my 1300 or whatever it is hours playing, 100% on pvp servers. Offline protection even if exploitable is a welcome change. I just hope they do account for the way people will exploit it with alts in particular.

4 Likes

Not being visible in the player list helps. If the new player builds in the open or what not it’s definitely going to work against them, but if they make some effort to conceal their base this change will help greatly. Even newer players going into pvp servers need to have some basic understanding of how these environments work (ie base location and limitations).

Or try the Asian PvP server approach. Make a clan, build a tier 3 wall and cut off the starting area south of the river with it.

U make player base seem dumb cant even read.

Report that to Funcom in the manner and format they’ve requested and it will get taken care of. I’ve done this myself and seen the results, and this was before the more stringent community guidelines were in place.

Closing this thread for a couple of reasons.
First, please provide your feedback about the changes on its thread.

Second is exploit discussion, which goes against our guidelines.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375