New age and official servers. Will we gain different rules?

I know that there’s no actual limit on official servers but now that pve changes we really need walls around our base. Not simple walls, but foundation walls and a couple trebuchets to defend and a couple shrines for bubble, and a 3 foundation thickness wall for treasure room, and who knows what else. That means that the ones who want to have a WAR on pve servers will have to expand the land claim.
Will we have tolerance ?
Or? Forget wars on official servers!

3 Likes

I was under the impression that they’re still just regular purges with some changes and that we’re only being attacked randomly when transferring loot to our coffers. Maybe I’m wrong? I need to see more when the streamers do their previews.

3 Likes

I always wait for the stream cap to understand better, but this was crystal clear, the greatest the treasure you own, the strongest the purge. But this time with siege mechanics. So if you wish to have a devastating war in pve go richer and richer!

1 Like

As far as I understood it, purges will not attack randomly anymore. They need to be summend. And the more treasures you have the powerful the purge will be.

3 Likes

I heard that too, but I’m not sure it’s quite like that. That would imply you can just skip it altogether? They said it’s like the convergence trap, but said nothing about taking away the purge (which you can do with the trap). It sounded more like you can trigger the purge at any time, but once it reaches the threshold, you’ll get one at some point.

1 Like

The ones who don’t like purge won’t get any, i believe that’s this was crystal clear too. You do remember in the past me wanting dreadful purges and you not at all, these conversations like yours and mine were plenty in the past here, so now with this mechanic they ‘ll please both. Yet this is not the issue to discuss here, the issue is the obvious. So far i never get banned because in pve official servers i could minimize my building needs. Now my dreams come true after all, i will have a war in purge and i’ ll go filthy rich to gain the most powerful purges, but… What about building rules?

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry… I remember them saying something like that, but it didn’t seem as clear as you make sound. It would be nice if they have the opportunity to completely negate the purge, in addition to trigger it at will. However, I’m not sure the former is gonna be that simple. I hope I’m wrong though. It would be a nice feature.

Regardless, in the case of building rules, my point was that they don’t seem to be changing all that much since the purges may be only as devastating as a level 6. Idk? They didn’t really make it clear as to what the purges will entail. I know they got siege weapons coming, but no word on if the purges will have those as well. As I said before, we gotta see what the test servers show us before making conclusions on how much defense will be required to overcome them. At this point, it feels more like fear mongering until we see it in action. By that point, if you’re correct, then by all means, we should question it.

3 Likes

Ah but there is.

:point_up_2:

Oh no they aren’t changing that much, they don’t need to, as you can see people seem to think there are no building rules. There are but funcom seems disinclined to enforce them on PVE.

1 Like

It’s on the beginning of the stream, Dennis said that they completely rebuild the purge mechanic. I am waiting for @darthphysicist cap for more details, but i believe i understand correctly.

3 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t say for certain. However, hopefully you’re right. That being said, if there’s no way to truly avoid it, I hope we have the option to remove money from the coffers and put it into a normal chest if we want to lessen the effects of the purge. This could be a good practice, because I’m not completely opposed to it. I just don’t like the idea of devastating my base simply because I have a metric f***ton of gold and silver stockpiled (which I pretty much do at this point).

3 Likes

There are Grey areas and after the new rules arrived i play on official servers with so little land claim, that nothing and nobody could report me!
But now Deacon i want war, that means i will build bigger, touching the Grey areas. Will i have tolerance on official pve?

1 Like

There are no new rules.

1 Like

Not yet :wink:.

I think they might understand why a base with a big hoard needs stronger walls. At least I hope so. What they could implement was a stronger building block. Fortification block or something. More expensive to build, but more resistant. Maybe something a little neutral so that it can go with all styles and then making it part of new thematic block bundles. Either that or they will need to be more tolerant with defense reinforcement building.
But we still don’t know how strong the purges will be. I hope at the max level they are insane! But we need to be able to defend ourselves.

Whatever the case, this was very well pointed out, @stelagel . Experience showing. You know the shitstorm that might awaits us if nothing is done! :smile:

5 Likes

Yes its a full overhaul spread over all three chapters (secretly glad I never made a custom purge table for my map :stuck_out_tongue: ). I will highlight what was said with timestamps. In light of iggy’s fabulous patch notes, I will focus on the key discussions that included more specifics with time stamps. Due to Twitch’s commercials, I was unable to do this my normal way because when I paused to make notes, I had to sit thru commercials. What I did then was record the stream, strip the audio, then transcribe the audio with OneNote. I will go thru and trim some banter and condense it for the specifics that aren’t always captured in patchnotes, adding screen grabs of interesting moments.

7 Likes

Yesterday i was looking on the stream Dennis base. The log pile gates that they didn’t say anything about them, (unless it’s in the Turan dlc expansion that i didn’t buy yet) and how “big” perimeter his base had. We do have a rule about walls with great perimeter. I do understand that a solo player will have to build what he can control, but bigger clans will build bigger because they can control bigger area simple as that. We all know what happens when you build big in official servers, it’s not new… And like you said @MarcosC, why should shitstrorm comes first? We can talk about it, before and avoid it if possible , isn’t it?

1 Like

When you say “walls”… I’m thinking “fences”. It looks nicer in pvp even if a purge smashes the “walls”. I’ve seen hyenas eat fences within seconds. It only costs extra wood to fix.

We need more “walls” options besides just aesthetics. The fence looks nice. And, I’m saying that on pvp.

Pve “walls”? I get the gist of it. Just looking at the bigger picture.

1 Like

Andy did say in the stream “this is why we do these builds on private servers” :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely. It would spare us all a lot of woe.

1 Like

We better keep this topic alive! :grin:

2 Likes