New barbarian edition upgrade?

I just recently purchased the barbarian edition upgrade.
hoping It unlocked the royal armor set and some of the other in game items?
Also that swank T shirt please please tell me I can still get the T shirt?
i clicked the BE button on the in game menu then signed in through steam and received the email.

but the only things listed on the email are E-book coupons and codes.

And I’m trying to figure out how to craft the Royal armor in game?
Also curious about how to claim the T shirt.

The Royal Armor was a pre-order bonus IIRC, but I don’t know it if was supposed to be included in the Barbarian Edition? For what it’s worth, the Royal Armor is only useful while leveling, it’s fairly useless at max level due to how the crafting system works: It’s “hand crafted”, meaning you can’t get a skilled crafter bonus (“Flawless”), which in turn leaves it far below most other armors in power. Pity, since it’s a good looking set (I have it myself).

I’m aware that its only good for leveling up. I’ve been max level several times on a few different servers…
After doing more research and finding out that essentially I got absolutely no in game goodies for purchasing Barbarian Edition. And apparently won’t even get a T-shirt now. I feel quite robbed

Seriously… I don’t play Age of Conan, don’t intend to either. I don’t intend on reading any Ebooks that are not even released yet either.

So I guess your Barbarian Edition is just one big rip off… I mean sheesh. at the very least you could mark peoples accounts with the pre order status and let them craft the Royal Armor even if it just a mid level item. At least its something that actually has to do with the game CONAN EXILES that your actually purchasing the barbarian edition upgrade for… I mean wow… Common sense people.

I had blocked it out of my mind that I literally just shelled out 20 bucks for nothing, then I saw this update and start writing and I almost feel disgusted now. Not a single admin for funcom even bother to chime in on this and inform me that i was A. an idiot and didn’t read their poorly descriptive advertisement that Is now false and advertising a T shirt that is no longer available. and B. Not an Idiot and in fact just a confused customer and it’s ok that my 20$ was wasted and I should just feel comfort in knowing. that somewhere. in far off country. Someone got paid an hour or two for HOPEFULLY fixing an effing bug…

P.s your official Server #1516 has been down for over half a day, just like yesterday and its stuck in some limbo shut down mode where no one can connect to it and it won’t reset… But I doubt anyone will notice…

sent a report in about that. but I doubt It’ll get looked at either.

I bought the Barbarian Edition upgrade when it was on sale during Thanksgiving. At least on Steam, no where does it still indicate a T-shirt is part of the package, so I knew what I was getting into. I know that the tshirt used to be part of Barbarian Edition but that it was pulled some time ago (May 8th maybe? Maybe even earlier?) I honestly cannot find where the T-Shirt is included other then very old 3rd party articles. And yes, I also carefully read over what I was getting, and even read the reviews so I knew that not all of the content came included with Steam (like the comics is via Darkhorse).

But the pre-order bonus was a reward for pre-orders. As much as I would like the Console pre-order only sword, I know what kind of storm that would release if Funcom made it available for purchase when it was advertised as pre-order only. The same goes for the Armor, what you see is “common sense” is just asking for trouble from people who were directly told that the Armor was only available for pre-orders. The wiki also has information on the Royal Armor being pre-order only.

You aren’t “an idiot” for not doing your research, you just had yourself a life lesson is all. Seriously, I research every purchase to death and then some. It’s a good habit to have.

As far as your report, they are pretty good about jumping on server outages when they are notified, that’s what the tool is for.

I want sword from pre-order (got only armor preorder myself)

People say they’d be made if items went for sale, but meh… I think more of pre-order items should show up later.
Most of them are total trash 95% of time, but then ever now and then… you have urge to want them. XD

It’s possible to get the sword still. At least for PC.

I have both the Sword and the Armor on my account, but you’ll have to find an unopened physical “Day One Edition” copy of the game somewhere. The pre-order Royal Armor, on the other hand, is permanently unavailable to the best of my knowledge. They’re entirely cosmetic though, since the stats for both Sword and Armor are below-par, so it really isn’t worth it, nor something to worry about IMO.

And yeah I’m with the OP in that the Barbarian Edition didn’t seem worth it (so I didn’t buy it), but I don’t feel like it was mis-marketed, it was no secret that the in-game items were for Age of Conan.

Why do people always defend million dollar companies? Like I don’t have a valid point. the BE has nothing to offer players of the actual game conan exiles. its lame and misleading, and for your information multigun the steam advertisement for conan exiles Barbarian edition upgrade still has the T shirt listed. thats where i saw it. it says it all the way on funcom’s website also. up until you actually purchase the BE and you get the email where its not included in any of the wording there anymore. Its a total sham. they need to get on the ball and tell their suppliers to stop using old advertisements for their BE upgrade, or just trash it altogether because honestly its a complete rip off. and the more customers that get conned into with no way of getting a refund will start crying about. I’m not even the first and I won’t be the last.

But thank you. for reinforcing my faith that humanity doesn’t work Thank you for banding with your fellow gamer and saying HEY you guys are jipping people. instead nope… you want to come here and educate me on facts I’m already well aware of… thank you… complete waste of time multigun. I stated in my very own follow up post that I’m aware its pre order- I think enough time has passed now and with the fact that they are not including the T-shirt in the 20$ upgrade. Argueably the only thing in that purchase that actually has any real value to it… I felt they should find a way to include some in game items to make it better for the customer. And why not some in game items that are already there. Is it honestly that difficult of a discussion to make?

Ah, you’re absolutely right. I cannot believe I missed that. Embarrassing on my part, especially when I talk up about how research is so important when making a purchase.

That should absolutely be removed since they are no longer offering it. It’s obviously not super clear that you will/would have receive the T-Shirt since it’s not listed in the goodies listed below, but at the same time, it’s right there in white bold lettering. I would even argue that you have a legitimate argument that you are due some sort of compensation, maybe send an email to Funcom or a Community Manager about it.

I disagree that the BE has nothing of value, I find the comics, music, and artbook of good value based on the value I paid for it. You are not wrong though either to request or hope for some sort of in-game reward for the purchase. I don’t think it should be a Pre-order award as for the reasons I previously talked about, but I think it’s fair to think something else should be in there.

I am sorry for making it feel as though your point wasn’t valid, I just had a different take on it.

Hey @Outlaw,

I understand that you’re upset about your purchase and I agree that we messed up in not removing the text about the T-shirt. I’ve asked that it gets updated to reflect that we no longer offer the T-shirts.

The Barbarian Edition was never meant to offer in-game items or rewards, but was put together as a package of things you could enjoy if you wanted to explore the world of Conan beyond just Conan Exiles. That’s why we added the E-book, the comic and the RPG book, among others.

I’ll DM you about this and we can discuss it further :slight_smile: