New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

Dude… for the people on point 3 there is n’t a fair solution

We’ve spend hours on finding rare thralls, catching them, break them and gear them, and all they offer is a breaking bonds solution?

How can’t we be angry about that!? If we could have stored them again instead of letting them go to waste…

(I don’t even have a extremely big base, but the unfairness makes me pissed off)

6 Likes

Yes maybe change the limits in Points insted, ex to have 4xT1 insted off 1x T4?

I am currently farming up stones and I would really need another bearer… But I dont want to waste one now.
Wasting = placing them at the ground to use them.

This is just PLAIN STUPID!! You cannot play the game to 100%, because of this patch and thralls being made trash.
Or you just throw away thralls…

2 Likes

Well just make and plase one t1-3 that you will have no problem to dispand when time comes. after all you will not replase all thralls at ones

I want the bearer because of its 25 spots… So T1-T3 wouldnt help.

A Gazelle could help, but this will be insta killed by volcano NPCs.

I disagree. This game is solo/player friendly. Especially in PvE. The game, to my surprise was more then advertised when I first purchased it. Its had a rocky history, but up to this point I would argue has largely just improved/added upon.

This is the first time they are actually removing something significant. Something that actually brought and kept players playing.

I dont believe there is anyone out there stating they don’t want performance fixes. We just don’t want them to come at such a heavy cost to the game.

Though sporadically, usually I just lurk, but I have been in these forums since early access as well. I disagree with you 100% on the other additions.

A handful of mmo nuts that couldn’t transition game genres easily have asked for mounts since launch.

Not only does that suggestion usually not garner complete support (every thread I have seen it come up, there are a handful that agree with it and a slew of people that have voiced that it was silly and pointless. This has not been a request with large support even though it has come back repeatedly. Add to it, Funcom stated ‘it isn’t going to happen’, and everyone that was on board with no mounts are 100% accurate with Funcom ‘breaking promises’.

On the Thrall leveling, I have seen request for this even less. I knew it was something on the back burners Funcom was sitting on, but it certainly wasn’t like people calling to the heavens for this. And once again, if it didn’t come at a cost, we would look at this as a addition to the game, a welcomed addition. But it comes at a cost, so its not welcome for many of us.

I think you are weighing ‘suggestion’ posts a little to heavy across the player base and its skewing your perspective. There certainly weren’t ‘many’ posts. A small handful of the player base was the source of them.

This is the entire reason you haven’t been able to put yourself in the shoes of someone from across the argument. You are thinking far to binary.

No one has ever said that.

No one is asking for fixes to stop being applied to the game. People arn’t against further additions to this game. Hell, even people adamantly against this patch arn’t even against mounts and thrall levels.

We are fine with a cap and we are fine with adjustments. We are simply not fine with Funcom removing the core of their game and the reason we continue to play.

Its clear this patch doesn’t effect you all that negatively. Its also clear that in your stance of being content you haven’t been able to step out of that perspective once as you continue to make incorrect assertions for people of the other side of the argument. Its clear that these incorrect assertions are whats making it difficult for you to understand.

You can go on thinking what you want, but a small handful of players making a request repeated doesn’t speak for the rest of us.

Now you have the small handful of people asking for these things joining in the large silent majority that didn’t care one way or another about them in the first place, but didn’t want the game changed for them in their discontent.

Meanwhile, a even smaller portion of players are going, oh, ok, good.

Don’t try to deny our stance or our opinions on the game on a false narrative that certainly doesn’t apply to myself and many others.

Any addition coming at such a limiting thrall cap is unwanted, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want fixes and additions. There are other solutions and more careful and successful ways of developing a game then alienating a huge portion of the player base to satisfy a small group.

2 Likes

This argument from someone who only plays solo offline is not only starting to get old, but it’s beginning to border on arrogance and condescension. Myself and others have given you a veritable laundry list of reasons why this playstyle is not only common but valid.

4 Likes

Not a fan of wiping all at once. On PVP, many clans are going to have to transition slowly. IE, making me pick up all my thralls and then replace would take time. During that time i am susceptible to raids. IF i can’t do it before my enemy, i am at a disadvantage. My clan has started thralling replacements (placing in chests for now) until we see the HP difference from a new thrall and a legacy thrall. If they are far weaker at level 0 ( i distinct possibility if they aren’t going to God OP them at level 20), we would prefer to leave the old ones, and work in the leveled versions to replace as organically as possible. If we are forced to place a lower version immediately that is not yet leveled to defend themselves, then off-lining gets even easier.

It’s a fair point. It would be much better to give players an option to opt into the wipe.

At the very least, I wish they would give us just a measly counter that shows us how many followers we have. It doesn’t have to tell me where or which ones or anything, but I need have some way of knowing if I got them all sorted out.

2 Likes

I hope they add such a thing in the clan-tab in the game. Its not thard hard… FC knows the amount, as you cannot place NEW thralls if you are over the limit.

They only need to show it somewhere… Which shouldnt be that hard of a task. Like seriously Funcom @Ignasi @Hugo
Can we at least get an answer/update here, that there will be (or NOT) a way to show the current number of followers?

2 Likes

I understood that. But raiders don’t use thralls, they use bombs. Thralls can act as a deterrent to them. Without thralls, they could just place bomb after bomb while i am offline. thralls make them put time into it at least.

@CodeMage had a good idea, that it should be an option.
Maybe for the clan leader only so they can execute it if they want to.

2 Likes

I’d prefer the kill all option be triggerable by the clan leader as well. That way, everyone can make the switch over on their own time without logging in to defend against a purge or raid and suddenly discovering a ghost town.

After all we forum-goers are a tiny fraction of the game’s population, so we have to account for those who don’t keep abreast of coming changes the way we do.

2 Likes

Really wish people would stop assuming pvp players happy with less thralls because of performance issues. Hell, even that we need less thralls.
Why anyone assumes the core of the game is different for us is just … well just wrong.
The core is the same, we build different for different reasons but we still build end game.
When we have a castle and it’s quiet we like the bar with the thralls making it a tavern.why wouldn’t we?
The difference is we also have unprepped player attacks at random times.so less thralls better?
Why we would need horses more than pve pvc players is a mystery to me? Not really one for scenic screenshots.
Leveling system great, now I can spend loads of time leveling a thrall to have it’s mask burnt off with acid arrows then gassed.
And if I hear “just build better builds” I can tell those people never have really experienced a player attack. It will just become more layers of wall vs amount of bombs.
If a clan brings 500 bombs how good a build do you think you need with no thralls?
Please stop making out this is in anyway caused or wanted more by pvp players.
Ok I can deal with a cap, but seriously the limit is messed up in all sorts of ways.

3 Likes

Not noticing a missive amount of lag tbh bearing mind most pvp servers are dead.
I’m currently on a full 40 players one and seeing not much at all.
Most lag I see is with the ridiculous looking sandstone spam bridging all bases together so they refresh.
And challenge all you like but some of the pvp bases are different but just as impressive.:grin:

Yah, actually haven’t had much lag recently on my server either.

My base is big, and as such there is a bit of a initial loading time. But once it all loads, its usually pretty smooth after for that session. But outside of that right at the start, really no lag at all.

Then again, my server that did have 5-6 medium sized clans that were fairly consistently active have not been logging very much at all since the new of this upcoming patch started circulating.

I think its pretty accurate guessing (and some past discussing) that the patch is the cause of their activity dropping. But hey, maybe there were some other convenient excuses for not logging on for some of them.

Already have witnessed several big bases that have been standing for over 15 months disappear in the last couple of weeks.

I have been refreshing my base out of some masochistic hope that the heavy handed, poor sighted decisions get at least partially walked back, but I lose more hope with every day, and hell, my server community appears to have already been killed off by Funcom re-imaging their game from the roots, so at this point… I guess its just ‘whatever’…

Still playing with the idea of starting back up my private server to retain the fun I was having in the game as the absolutely foolishly low cap is manageable in that environment, but even then, its still grating and potentially motivationally ending to lose our complex base that has been a project for over a year and half, the community we grew with, enjoyed and made friends with (although, now already deteriorating), and gods know if my friend is willing to migrate over with me to rebuild. He hasn’t really made up his mind about it yet, is spurned even more so then me, and as I stated before, I probably wont continue solo.

I used this game to relax socially also and that’s just one more side of this patch that is rotting away due to poor development foresight.

We picked officials after initially starting on a private to be social, but I suppose that’s not something Funcom wants to promote in this game.

Try to see it from an RP point of view and that there are actually 2 issues here.
One is the limit itself which will hit long time rp players the hardest and the other is the way it is being introduced, by not being able to exempt certain thralls from culling

3 Likes

The negativity as a whole is easy to understand. It’s a matter of setting up expectations and then doing something completely different, arguably opposite. In somewhat harsher terms, it’s called “bait and switch”.

I will point out yet again that Funcom didn’t merely tolerate a certain PVE playstyle that is now being jeopardized, they actively encouraged it. Exhibit A: the building contest. Exhibit B: Debaucheries of Derketo.

3 Likes

It encourages building non-functional structures with lots of decorations, which includes using thralls as decorations.

Depends on what you mean by that. If you mean that Funcom didn’t ask people to use thralls, sure.

If you look at the submissions and runner ups, quite a few included thralls.

You might see it differently, just as you see the motivation behind clan formation differently, but the point isn’t how you “see things”. Your question was “why the negativity”. My answer is “because people have been encouraged to build big and to build decorative builds and they use thralls for defense and decoration”.

And it all boils down – yet again – to that exasperating habit of dismissing other people’s playstyles as somehow less valid. At this point, it’s literally déjà vu:

• Why are you complaining about this?
  • For this, that and this other reason.
  • Well, you shouldn’t play like that.
5 Likes