New player with offline single player issues

Iron tools with the an improvement mod (forget exact name, the one that gives a little more resources with each use), axe, pick, that sort of thing.

The base was 7x7 with walls all round and two doors. Sand stone. No roof. Only a small one foundation tile room was roofed.

I had a sleeping roll down but so not remember timing regarding when I last interacted with it. I did log out in that small safe room though.

I did not make myself an admin yet.

I also have not used any console commands or modified anything beyond having the numbers included in the bars.

The first incident also had some of my knowledge points unassigned. I simply went back to the appropriate window and assigned them again.

I hope this info is enough to move forward with. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

I believe I’m level 31 sorry. The base is all one level on an island in the middle of the river just north of the main area I started the game in.

1 Like

I am sure you will back from @Croms_Faithful you have to understand he lives in Australia
If you have ever entered Sinners refuge he is the named Cook in there he is much too humble to mention that himself but I will I’ll take a verbal spanking later. On official servers and on my own my wife and I check in with bed or bedroll before logging out .wish I had more useful information just woke from a nap. @ClimbingFerret

2 Likes

Hmm…7×7 base does not sound excessive, and with no roof you should not be experiencing collapses. I am only putting guesses forth at this point. If parts of your base were missing, I wonder. Are there any nearby NPCs, either creature or other humanoid Exiles? They may try to break down the walls. Or if there were any gaps in the wall or an absence of door, they will happily wander in and chop your character (they’re a discourteous bunch like that!). Although without a roof and the ‘shelter’ bonus it provides, hunger and thirst may have been the culprit(?).

ClimbingFerret for now I would recommend to finish your roof next gaming session if you can. If the pieces are appearing either red or even a dark orange when you go to place then, it indicates that you really need to place a pillar there for stability. In your Knowledge tab, if you have not already, purchase the ability to build a small or large Chest to store your items in. Also very important, build a Bed. Beds are a second (constant) respawn point which you appear at if you die. Bedrolls are designed to be a mobile, and disposable spawn point for when you are out adventuring, and each time you place a new one it will destroy the previous one.

Sorry @ClimbingFerret but I must get to work. I will post more information and tips when I get home this afternoon. @sestus2009 may have some further tips for now if he has time availability. I will return.

1 Like

This shouldn’t affect single player though. If he’s playing online, then yeah, it could be a problem since npcs are triggered by people going by. However, the npcs shouldn’t be do anything when he’s offline. I suspect there may be a settings issue here, or some kinda bug.

2 Likes

I can put up a ceiling and place a bed. But yeah. With this being offline mode I assumed the world would “freeze frame” when I log off.

Is there a particular reason why only some tools would go missing from my character?

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s some sort of cloud sync issue. What’s being described (items disappearing, etc.) makes me think that it’s loading an earlier version of the game.db database when a new session is started. On the Xbox, the save games are stored in the cloud and will sync with the local database on the console; I’m presuming the PlayStation does the same sort of thing.

Yeah, it saves online

I couldn’t say for certain, since it’s been a while since I played offline. However, I regularly play co-op with my friend, only to design buildings to rebuild on the official servers we play. I’ve never had an issue with losing anything, unless I delete the actual server and start a new one, so it’s very strange. I’m gonna throw out an idea… maybe try activating co-op. The thing about co-op is you can invite another player or they can jump in on your game. It won’t delete your single player game. It just allows friends to play your single player with you. If you don’t have any friends that play, this won’t be an issue and you’ll never really know. However, I’m suggesting that because it forces the game to access the Funcom’s online services. I think it does that regardless, but it’s worth a try.

1 Like

Here is another interesting thing I forgot about (again spawned in to a game with random missing items and knowledge - couldn’t make stone tools….)

When trying to build walls nothing would snap. I couldn’t add walls. I have to destroy the foundation and build it all over again from scratch each time. It’s like ownership is gone or something?

Indeed, That sounds like it isn’t your ownership anymore. You could set the no ownership option to true and it would snap again. But that would worth only if you have played for years.

In your case I would delete the save file and create a new game. Try to figure out if that happens again and if not enjoy your game. If you are level 31 you will get back soon to your current state. You can also switch to admin and get faster to your last state.

I never had an issue like this in singleplayer. Only once I had the problem that after a freeze my progress of this last session was gone. Like it just doesn’t saved it. But all the other times I got a freeze everything was fine.

Its not the first time I read about this what happened to you. Most of the threads I remember are after playing a long time so it seems to me random.

I store my gamefiles local not at the online cloud. Maybe it happens when closing the game and the cloud couldn’t sync? Or maybe the Playstation loads the wrong file because it thinks the older one is the newer?
But this is not explaining the no ownership problem.

Maybe other people who had this problem here could join this discussion and help to research the core of this issue.

That has always been my understanding and belief too peoples, and for that matter I have not seen anything that would make me think to the contrary. And to be perfectly honest here, I could not think of anything else which may be causing this. So for me it was more of a tentative suggestion than anything else.

1 Like

Ok so let us cogitate some possibilities. In regards to the second point, ClimbingFerret can you tell me if you have consumed a Yellow Lotus Potion at some point in your game?

Now in regards to both points. My understanding, which should not be regarded as gospel, is that the game auto-saves periodically, ever ‘X’ minutes, but will also update the save upon interacting with our spawn point, i.e.-a Bed or Bedroll. ClimbingFerret I wonder if it possible that you logged off shortly after crafting your tools and purchasing your Knowledge before the game auto-saved? Hence when you next logged on your game reverted back to ‘X’ minutes ago when it last auto-saved?

Regardless, I would strongly advise every time you play in the future, that before you quit you interact with either your bed or bedroll (depending where you are located) by pressing □ on it.

It also could not hurt at this point, if you have not done so already to make yourself Admin, which will give you MUCH greater freedom to customise your game. So to do this:

press ‘Options’ (pause) > go into ‘Settings’ > then go over to ‘Server Settings’ > in ‘General’ press X on 'Make Me Admin. It will show a message: admin rights granted. I recommend that from here you go back one and down to the ‘Survival’ menu > and ensure that ‘drop equipment on death’ is unchecked. You will no longer lose all your items when you die! Next go back one again and down to ‘Building’ > ensure that ‘allow building anywhere’ and ‘disable building abandonment’ are both checked. You can now build anywhere and you home will never decay!

Ok I know I have just bombarded you with a LOT of information. See if the aforementioned ideas are possible, and if they help, and and we will go from there. Let us know how you go hey. Best of luck @ClimbingFerret!

2 Likes

You hit options, click exit to main menu? This way knowing it saved one last time?

As for missing items, I can’t speak for iron pickaxe… I never use it, Could be oddity with item.

As for other items, decay for a few. And small oddity of ps5/pc where it switches items. Or you used said item, and the icon in Radial Wheel isn’t greyed out, so it looks like you have it there. but don’t.

As for building going poof. I’ve been having this issue since Season 3 Started. Mostly sandstone roofing and some other walls going poof on log in. The game doesnt seem like Thatch Roofing and Sandstone ceiling. THOU… not ever locations is doing it.
Which is confusing hell out of me…

1 Like

Here is someone else who has problems like this.

This is something that can only mean you are not in your clan anymore. That should not happen even if you lose some progress and items from a session that failed to save correctly.

BTW sestus made a suggestion in the attached thread. Maybe playing your single player as coop is making some difference?

@blackcatofmine i linked your thread here because it seems to be the same issue maybe more people with this issue can help to find a solution

2 Likes

thank you

2 Likes

I have just restarted. I did take a yellow lotus potion (after the first time of logging into mission stuff/knowledge).

I will do the admin and other options in this new game and see if problems persist.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice all. Just odd there isn’t much of a data trail I can post.

2 Likes

I wondered if that may have been the case. Unfortunately the yellow lotus potion is currently bugged, and we are led to believe it is in the process of getting a full rework. But for the meantime, when you need to redistribute either your Knowledge or Attribute points, it is MUCH safer to use the admin option. So make yourself admin using the previously outlined process each time you log on to play. Once activated, and you go to either your Attributes or Knowledge tabs, you will see a new new option down the bottom of the screen to ‘Reset Points’ using the Triangle button. It will refund all your points for you and has no issues I am aware of!

If you feel short on time, I can also tell you ways to regain your building and levelling progress much faster if you like. Let me know if you would like me to tell you, as there are a couple of things I should brief you on first. Good luck there @ClimbingFerret!

1 Like

After the restart I am good. I’ll just avoid the yellow lotus thing and so far so good. No issues like I had on previous play attempt.

4 Likes

That is great to hear ClimbingFerret, I am very happy for! If you would like some more help or even just some tips at any time in the future, please do not hesitate to post here again, or in the Players Helping Players section. As I like to say; the only silly question is the one you don’t ask. It is also a good idea to copy your save game data to a USB every now and then in case you need to revert. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Just a friendly, precautionary heads up. There are a few items (not many though) in the Admin Panel which could potentially throw a wrench in your games progress. If you decide you want to tinker with it in the future, Warning…SPOILER do not level yourself any higher than level 60! Or you may end up with an incorrect number of Attribute points, and as far as I am aware, there is no way to fix this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.