New Terms of Service clarification

Ideally I join PvP servers to fight, but that never happens.

I’ve thought about joining PvE, and then while musing over some Jungle Grog, listening to the peaceful music during a pretty-much PvE session, I apply the same experience filters as have occurred to me through 5,800 hours of (ostensibly) PvE.

• Player D joins server with hopes of building traditional base called Crappy Acres
  • Sees Player P is particularly close by, and it would be a despawning crap move, but builds anyway
  • Being PvE, there’s no better player competition than to “out-build” the other guy
  • Player D builds amok, way out-ambitioning his abilities to finish the job
    :point_right:t2: You end up with an ugly candy shell trespassing on a peaceful player’s well-built rocky-top Keep.

People are so desperately competitive. I can’t imagine e-peen contests don’t happen all the time. In PvP aesthetics don’t matter, and actually something well-built or lovely will get you wiped as a Care Bear. Only the strong survive with artful builds.

I’m not the keeper of rules, but these seem good enough for me. It’s like that Supreme Court justice is reported to have said, “Maybe a spam build is hard to define, but I know it when I see it.”

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe I was just extremely lucky – or maybe it’s because my personal experience is a tiny sample – but over the last 3 years I’ve played on a handful of different PVE-C and a couple of PVE servers, and the only ban-worthy things I’ve seen were from griefers who picked a fight with someone.

Most of them, but not all, were PVP players who came to a PVE-C server and started being extremely toxic to everyone. The rest were either due to some kind of a dispute that they couldn’t solve by talking and it escalated until at least one of the parties involved started abusing the building system. And there was one incident that had to do with a clan led by a person with serious mental health issues.

Absolutely none were because people got competitive about building and tried to outbuild each other.

One thing I can tell you is that I’ve never seen anyone on PVE(-C) report someone who wasn’t actually griefing, much less get someone unjustly banned. On the contrary, some of the reports we all felt were justified didn’t have any effect.

Like I said, I’m not trying to paint this as a representative sample, but since we’re trading conjectures, I might as well throw my anecdata out there. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree completely with you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.