New Terms of Service clarification

This is obvious. Anyone who asks for clear explanation of what the abuse of the building system is — are the ones who abuse the building system, and just want to know to what limits they can keep abusing it without being punished.

Well, according to this logic: “Anyone who is satisfied with unclear rules simply does not play on the official pvp servers, but sits on the forum and advocates for the developers. Or just griefers who build small bases in distant undermesh, and would very much like the alpha clans to be banned. After all, they cannot raid them”

1 Like

I’m afraid this is EXACTLY what is going to happen

2 Likes

Yup, that’s me. I hate foundations pamming and these rules allow me to report anyone who uses foundation spam tactics to prevent other players from building a trebuchet near your base. But, even if I do so, nothing changes, because this is a common behaviour on official PvP servers and the players are agreed to tolerate this, that’s why Funcom never ban anyone for doing so. That’s why I don’t play on Official PvP servers.

But, even if I do so, nothing changes, because this is a common behaviour on official PvP servers and the players are agreed to tolerate this, that’s why Funcom never ban anyone for doing so.

That’s just wrong on so many levels… It’s common behavior but no one agreed to tolerate this, people just don’t know if it’s wrong or not as there’s no clear rules about it, most of them just wan’t to use best tools in game to protect themself. Many zendesk reports actually led to bans for that.

That’s why I don’t play on Official PvP servers.

Maybe that’s why you should not write posts about pvp servers since you have no idea what you are talking about.

1 Like

Experience does not equal authority. It only adds credibility to a perspective.

This forum is better served by attacking/defending each other’s ideas rather than our resumes.

3 Likes

Um, no. If I don’t play PvP servers — doesn’t mean I don’t want to. It is not the rules that repel me from playing on Official PvP servers, it’s the players, their behaviour, and the general gameplay mechanics that allow these. I think my input would be valuable for the devs to help them understand how to make Official PvP servers more appealing for the players like me, who WANT PvP, but don’t play PvP.

4 Likes
  • Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots.

If you build a foundation with a sole purpose to block others from building a trebuchet or anything else on this very spot, you are violating exactly THIS point in the rules. This is a clear rule.

1 Like

Have you even read the beginning of the topic? We’re not talking about spam of foundations here, but about massive buildings. Well, on PVP server this is something like a cave with 100 layers of walls, or a tower / mountain with a huge number of fences.

If you build a foundation with a sole purpose to block others from building a trebuchet or anything else on this very spot, you are violating exactly THIS point in the rules. This is a clear rule.

How do you know if that building purpose was to block building trebuchet? It could have different purpose, that does not solve anything.

No, just group of pve players that give false feedback about pvp gameplay who knows why. If I don’t have an idea how something works i don’t pretend i know anything about it and waste people time on forums.

Yes. If you don’t play PvP servers don’t give feedback about it to devs / forums as it may give wrong picture and lead to bad changes. If You wan’t to make pvp servers better then play on it, get experience and knowledge. If it’s the players that keeps you away from pvp servers then you should play offline only - you have no influence how other people will act and there’s always people who will abuse something or will be mean, only thing that can be done is to fix abusable features and create strict rules or atleast something close to it.

If I give them ideas, and they will change PvP to make it more appealing to me, then it’s a good change. Well, you might see this differently, but welp… It is up to devs to decide who they want to see as their customers.

2 Likes

That. That’s why I don’t play on PvP. You are the reason. You and the people like you, who abuse the system, and then play dumb pretending that they don’t understand the rules. You are distorting the meaning and playing victim, because you do not want to be banned for the fact that you abuse the system, claiming that it is not you who abuse the system, it is the unclear rules that force you to play like this. But the reality is that it is you. It is your choice to play this way, spamming foundations, using exploits to take advantages, and now you are just afraid that one day you will be banned becasue of it, because you don’t want to change the way you are playing. You want to keep be an abusive and toxic player. “How do you know if that building purpose was to block building trebuchet?” This is just pathetic.

because i just reported one who builded that thing like that

I will give u screenshots as example

My base -

I use less foundations and i builded in in style as much as i could in turanian style ( bases like this are OK)

and then there is this type of players who on purpose griefs others by placing this idiotism -

Pay atention i dont even get this thing in render range while my big castle i builded 4 months are all rendering , while trhese foundation piles is not and this thing is in official builded on 2 grids while my castle has only 3 walls high and this is almost 10 or more in some pllaces

edit line : I has stable 50-60 fps but when i went near this ugly thing i got 13 FPS and my game even crashed at first…

6 Likes

2 Likes

You know nothing about me, you dont know how I play so stop accusing me for something.
All i want is transparency and STRICT rules. No, you are just pathetic.

That’s obvious one but that it’s not always so simple, and by that picture you trying to insult someone?

I am sure you as experienced PvP player got used to anything. Or maybe you even could report me for this. If the local rules are clear enough for you to figure whether I violate something or not, of course…

Let’s face it: most people who report things like trash talking or spam foundations don’t do it because they really offend or because they really need that part of the map where the buildings are. They do it to try to ban the clan that they cannot legally defeat.
And the inaccuracy of the rules encourages that: people say “read the rules” “if you get banned is because you do not comply with the rules that are written” but really people “test”, that construction is liable to be banned? nobody knows … “we are going to report to see if we are lucky”. This is what many people do by abusing a system that should serve to punish cheaters and cases of severe abuse (such as blocking the way out of the desert with a wall or claiming the Brimlake).

The funny thing about all this is that even if I do not share it, I could understand a zero tolerance policy if Conan were a totally safe space. But what I see is a game with the highest number of cheaters compared to anything I have played before (I have NOT played Rust precisely because of that) speedhacks, magnit haks, bombing your base from inside with switch lag…many of which take weeks to get banned and some never are (with videos as proof and everything), speedhakers with temporary 2-week bans (server 1306, same account and same ID, in case anyone thinks it’s a lie) and permabans for talking nonsense in chat or building extra blocks.

2 Likes