We just released a relatively big patch for our TestLive Servers. You can find the detailed list of changes here.
There are quite a lot of fixes but also quite a few improved and new mechanics that we would love you to test out and give us feedback on:
Bows have gotten faster and more deadly! We recently added a selection of new advanced (and deadly) arrows and now we are happy to finally roll out a new feature set for the Bow.
- The bow light attack combo is gone and has been replaced by a single fast shot with minimal after-shot recovery.
- The heavy attack has been revamped and is now a charge-able aimed shot. Hold down Heavy Attack and then press Light Attack to shoot.
- Holding down the Heavy Attack button increases the damage of the shot and if you hold it for long enough, the shot turns into a Power Shot with a flatter trajectory that is perfect for snipe shots!
We’ve done a number of balance tweaks to arrows in order to increase the usability of specialty arrows and taper the power/cost ratio of some specific arrow types:
- High tier arrows now do more damage. This affects Razor, Hardened Steel and Star Metal arrows.
- Snake and Light Arrows now do minimal physical damage. Snake arrows poison damage remains unaffected.
- Light Arrows are now much cheaper to make. They require no feathers anymore and a single craft makes a stack of 10 arrows.
- Healing Arrows are now much cheaper to make. They require Water Orbs instead of Dragonpowder.
- Gas Arrows are now more expensive to make. They now require a Gas Orb instead of Ichor.
- All specialty arrows are now much five times lighter!
Locomotion animation improvements
We have improved all jumping animations, including new take-offs, falling and landing animations that depend on the length of the fall.
Throwing weapon improvements
Lots of improvements coming in for throwing weapons with an aim to establish them as a very strong Cripple and damage option for short and mid ranges.
- All throwing weapons can now be recovered! If you hit another player or NPC with your axe or javelin, the weapon will end up in the target’s inventory. If you miss and hit a surface instead, the weapon will be pickup-able by interacting with it.
- All throwing weapons will cripple regardless of the body part hit.
- All throwing weapons do not aim compensate for distance to the target. This system was making throws unpredictable and we have decided to remove it. Throwing weapons will still aim at the center of the target if you are target locking, but they won’t compensate for other types of shots. This means that you can land your shots more reliable in situations where you’re prediction your target’s movement or throwing before your target shows out from behind cover/corners/battlements.
- Throwing axes now stack to 10 and never break!
- Throwing axe throws now recover faster!
- Throwing axe throws can be used as a wildcard replacement for any combo step. If you’re wielding a throwing axe, you can simply throw instead of attacking without losing your combo count. This means you can do stuff like Light -> Light -> Throw -> Heavy Finisher. Enjoy!
- Throwing axes have a new flight effect.
New weapon archetype: Katana
We have introduced a new weapon type to the game. An ancient type of curved sword from the remote land of Yamatai: the Katana.
Katanas are two-handed swords with an entirely new and unique moveset. Their damage sits comfortably between spears and hammers with an armor penetration equivalent to that of the greatswords.
Katanas sport a range of unique features:
- The katana light attack combo is frontal set of attacks with a fair amount of forwards motion. The light attack finisher does damage equivalent to the heavy finisher of other weapons and applies bleed.
- The first light attack comes out very fast.
- Katanas do not have a heavy combo. Instead they can be charged with the Heavy Attack button in a special stance that leads into a very quick dash-attack. This dash-attack does more damage the longer the Heavy Button is held and is released by pressing the Light Attack button while in the special stance.
- Katana dash-attack goes through targets, ignoring collision. It’s a powerful tool to escape tight situations, even when not fully charged.
- Katana dash-attacks can be used as a wildcard replacement for any combo step. This means you can use it as an opener, a link or a finisher and combine it freely with any of the light attacks.
Land Claim Announcer
You will now get a popup on your screen when you enter the area of another player, informing you who owns the area and structures placed.
You are able to toggle this feature on and off in the settings.
Care for a game of dice? Well now you can! Get your friends together for a little gambling:
- Chat input: /roll a b where a is the lowest number and b is the highest
Example: /roll 1 100
This will produce an output in the local chat (meaning, other players should see the result as well) reading “[Playername] rolled a 4 (1-100)” where the 4 here is the actual result and the 1-100 is the min/max value
- Chat input: /dice a b where a is number of dice and b is number of sides of the dice
Example: /dice 2 6
This willproduce an output in the local chat reading “[Playername] rolled a 7 (2d6)” where 7 here is the actual result, and the 2d6 means “two six-sided dice”
SPECIAL COMMUNITY ADDITIONS
Trello Report Board
We have a public bug tracking board here . You can check this board to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works in the forum post here .
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.
As always, we are very much looking forward to your input and feedback. Don’t hesitate to report and comment in the TestLive Section.
Thank you for choosing to be part of the Conan Exiles Community and for your much appreciated support