Newb Build Questions and the Opposite Connundrum

So, I started following the game when it launched, but I didn’t have a computer that could handle it until a couple weeks ago. A lot has changed with the relaunch from TSW to SWL and I’m trying to reconfigure my build.

At the time I started looking into it, it seemed like your starting skill availability was based on your Faction, so I started putting together a Fist/Chaos concept. At current launch such a thing wasn’t available with the starting classes, so I went with Ravager cause Fist was the most important to the concept and unlocked Chaos at the first opportunity, so at current status Chaos is lagging behind a bit.

I don’t have it sitting right in front of me and there’s maintenance going on, but I’m pretty much using the basic first tier Fist DPS tree, I think Thrash, Savage Sweep, Mangle, etc. Breakdown and Schism from Chaos. And I’m going to try to work in a Heal when I finish the last tier of Fist, probably Regeneration. My Passives are mostly the first tier of Fist with some basic Chaos stuff thrown in. I’m currently working on the Chaos passives with the Evade bonus at the end, and then the one with the HP and Protection bonus. I know generally investing in Evade isn’t a high priority, but it seems like you get a little more payoff with Chaos. Debating about learning Hammer later.

The general attack pattern is use up my Fist energy with Mangle or Savage Sweep depending on how crowded I am, then switch to Breakdown/Schism. Hopefully by the time I run out of Chaos energy my Fist energy will have replenished and I can switch back. I try to reserve Frenzied Wrath for bosses. I’m currently playing as a Melee DPS but I have designs on Tanking when I’m more comfortable and knowledgeable. The word on the street seems to be that Tanking is very demanding in this game so I want to make sure I’m good at it before I take on the responsibility.

Currently favoring Fist Weapons of Restoration and Chaos Weapons with Crit bonuses. I’m not too impressed with the Fist special belt since I don’t use Frenzied Wrath that often. The Chaos one seems nice though, but I haven’t gotten one yet cause I’m leaning more on Fist skills.

So, anything I can do to improve my build and/or my “strategy” such as it is?

Also, a lot of the skill names have changed and there are a few that I’m having trouble finding. Are Role skills still a thing? Like Agitator and Stoicism? Also looking for the new equivalents of Chaotic Pull, Consequence, and Escalation.