Next content patch?

They did do the 99 bug fix near official release once

Was that the one where they dropped a patch and then went on summer break?

1 Like

If they still havent fixed vault chest spawns at this point then new content wont come for at least 3 months xD

Well looks like T4 will be nice but not essential soon. New economic “systems” update on testlive. Overall looks really good.

2 Likes

Are you on testlive?

Read the change notes more.

Hey Multigun,
Just curious if you are on testlive. How big are those new furnaces and what do they do? I don’t think they will fit in my current crafting station room lol.

1 Like

If you haven’t already, you should download testlive and check it out yourself. It might not be as bad as you seem to think it is.

I believe you can go into single player mode in the testlive client and use the admin panel to spawn in the new stations and both the new and old thralls.

1 Like

No. Don’t even know why I’m on the forums. Only took 3 minutes to remind me why never to bother.

7 Likes

On the contrary, it’s perfectly understandable. From all that Palm522 has said in his threads, he considers winning the slot machine to be an achievement. It’s not surprising that he will object to anything that will devalue his previous slot machine winnings.

As for me, I’m stoked for the new update and can’t wait until it hits live. Not only will it make Siptah grind more bearable, it actually makes me want to go back to Exiled Lands and start a new character to experience the whole progression from the beginning!

4 Likes

Darn tootin’ :slight_smile: Reading the patch notes (and checking out KiahOnFire’s latest vid) has really bumped my enthusiasm back up. Forget Siptah, I’m heading to testlive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After being on the testlive, I have a feeling this revision doesn’t include all the cost changes.
Here are the changes I found so far:

• New benches for crafting speed or crafting costs and fuel efficiency
  • Alchemist recipes are now split between alchemist bench and alchemist bowls, each with 3 variants for specific boosts.
  • New benches such as dye bench for warpaint and dyes, a cosmetic bench to change your character appearance and a bench for weapon/armor kits.
  • Changing perfected armor pieces into perfected fabrics.
  • Consolidant now costs resin and fiber, instead of ichor and fiber.
  • Fish traps no longer produce fish passively. You have to use the handfull of insects or bees for regular fish and queen bees for attribute fish. (the same for traps)
  • flawless and exceptional armor and weapons still exists but lack the prefix. (T4 armorer will craft a chest piece with 336 armor while crafting a chestpiece without thrall will yield a 280 armor one)
  • taskmasters will now craft truncheons with better durrability, lower weight and higher concussive damage. The better the task master, the better the truncheon crafted.
  • smelters and tanners still increase crafting speed on top of the crafting speed of the bench.

Best regards.

5 Likes

Sooo glad for this! Half the time I refuse to keep dyes and warpaints unlocked (on a permanent basis) simply because they cluttered up the Firebowl Cauldron so much. I’m hopeful something similar will be done with all the shadespice recipes as well – I never keep any of the crafting pens unlocked after making one simply because it’s too much recipe clutter.

4 Likes

Dude, you literally said that in other threads:

Just how am I twisting your words here? You literally said that you derive a sense of achievement from T4s being rare and that their rarity should not be compromised.

And I wasn’t criticizing you, either. I was saying that it’s perfectly understandable that you would be upset by a change that devalues those T4s, just the same as I was upset when they nerfed the Lifeblood Spear.

4 Likes

Remember, you can play testlive in offline mode, so you don’t have to grind anything.

1 Like

Just to be clear, the writeup that was posted a couple of hours ago DID include many of these changes.

1 Like

I see now why you’re upset. And I apologize if I offended you. Since you have been consistently arguing to make the current slot machine even harder, I assumed that you were perfectly fine with it.

As for things being easy right now and becoming easier than Exiled Lands, I disagree with you, I provided all the arguments and I don’t think I have anything to add. From what I’ve seen, most people disagree with you on that same point.

Yes! Precisely what I liked about Siptah too. And not just T2s and T3s. I have only T1 crafters at the moment – although I could use some T3s my clanmates have – and I’m happy to have them. They speed things up for me and I appreciate that.

No offense, but I think you’re misguided when it comes to this. The server will become a “T4 fest” in the end. Making last a year instead of a month is just pointless artificial scarcity. T1s, T2s and T3s were never meant to be something to rely on indefinitely. They’re meant to be part of the progression curve, stepping stones on your way to T4s.

The problem with thralling in Exiled Lands is that you don’t need to go through that progression. As long as Siptah fixes that, it’s going to be better than Exiled Lands (at least in that aspect).

1 Like

I think you and I have an irreconcilable difference of opinion of what “hard” means or should mean in videogames. And it’s that difference that led me to believe that you’re okay with the current RNG-fest that is Siptah.

“Hard” is a vague word, really. Things can be hard for many reasons. Maybe they’re complicated. Maybe they’re challenging. Or maybe they’re just a damn chore. Guess which one applies to Siptah?

There no “urgent need” to have T4s. There is, however, an intense dislike to being forced to spin the RNG hamster wheel over and over again, until RNGeezus blesses your efforts on a whim.

Getting T4s on Siptah is not a challenge of skill. It’s a challenge of whether you can be arsed to do the same thing mindlessly over and over again – to the exclusion of everything else in the game – until you’re randomly rewarded.

And that right there is at the core of our disagreement. No, I don’t think that dedication, in and of itself, should be rewarded. I think that dedication is part of what you should need in order to get your reward.

It’s like learning to play an instrument. Your dedication at learning how to play will make you more skilled and that skill should be rewarded.

3 Likes

Precisely, as i have said in other threads i am a solo player and can grind all day long, the issue here is what you get for what you do is backwards, its not really even good end game content, you farm these to get better thralls to then farm it faster to get better thralls but as a closed loop its not enjoyable or rewarding enough, it certainly does not have the progression that exiled lands does, whether you argue about t4’s being easy there or not, the progession is smooth I would say.

2 Likes