No point in collecting multiple T4 Crafters anymore?

It would also be nice if they had a specific appearance to them - the named ones that is. They look so generic that it somehow makes them feel less special.

I know they tried to improve this by making the new ones huge, but thats not really a great solution because they still look like everyone else, just stupidly large. Having some more stand-out features on them would be way better in my opinion, like you get with Beastmaster Teimos.

3 Likes

They used to be unique. Somewhere along the way, some FC widget decided that they should all wear aprons and gloves and cloth. Pretty sure that wasn’t the art departments decision. Most likely some genius in upper management.

3 Likes

Have you checked out Jhebal Sag’s thralls? They surely look Different.

Huge? They surely are bigger, but not After you take them off the wheel. They return to normal once done with breaking.

Do you mean the werehyenas? They’re the only Jhebbal Sag npcs I can think of that look very different, but they can’t be made into thralls, so they don’t count. They’re classed as monsters.

The new named T4s do indeed revert back to normal size once you enthrall them, yes, so even that minor difference disappears once you have them. Then they just blend in with the rest of your thralls. Then again you can say the same about Beastmaster Teimos too, as he loses his special armour once you take him off the wheel.

It would just be nice to see some crazy unique hair styles/colours, or scars, or tattoos or different body shapes (eg really fat or really thin)… or anything visually different with the named T4s to make them stand out more as special. Something where you can look at a picture of them and say “Ah yes, I recognise him, that’s …”.

1 Like

There is a mod for it, but I’d love Funcom enable dressing our thralls in whatever outfits we chose. Long press on them to open a clothing inventory option? Doesn’t seem so hard to do, especially when modders already have their solution.

5 Likes

I do not know how they are called on Exiled Lands( The Den faction) unfortunately i do not play Exiled Lands without Mods But on Siptah they look Different then the normal( even if only the gloves and helmet). I am only talking about crafter thralls, fighters/archers do look all the same.

Ah, I haven’t played Siptah yet. I’m waiting for them to expand it before I try it. In the Exiled Lands the faction is called the Dogs of the Desert.

Personally I don´t like the new system at all. In the past I had chests full of thralls, I collected them all for rp reasons even on a pvp servers. I don´t get why they have thought that the new system is way better, because in the end for pvp nothing really has changed. Before you where npc camping to get bnaru for the darfari armor. Now you are npc camping to get t4 damage thralls to make your already op craftable weapons even more op. This includes the mitra priests.

I am way past the point where I ask myself why Funcom is changing a good system to f… it up really hard without, well, changing it to something that is actually better then before. Nowaday I just sit in my chair and shake my head after each update, take a zip of my coffee and say: “ok … your better off playing another game for a while” and so I do.

1 Like

Even with the new system your still gonna want multiple t4 crafters for faster performance in building bases and bombs just saying :wink:

I already raised and addressed that point myself about 10 posts up. You must have missed it.

Its true, but not for certain thralls, such as Armourers and Cooks, who are not needed in great numbers and its those thralls that have suffered the most loss of uniqueness under the change to the system. Hell, even with Alchemists now you can get away with having just 2 or 3 in a decent-sized operation - with the right benches they blast through their workload in no time at all and none have unique recipes anymore.

1 Like

I have an idea have the thrall created armor be skined to look more awesome then the standard crafted to give it a little something extra to show the effort put in.

T4 alchemists are not needed anymore. The new alchemy bench gives you the best savings on making bombs without the use of a thrall.

T4 alchemists allow you to craft oil from bark and ichor. For now. When the latest update goes live, that’ll go down to T3.

I think the guy I quoted was referring to explosive making. Yes, you can make oil that way, but you can do it with fish, or not use oil at all (smelting purposes). Either way, you can still do it without one on the alchemist bench since there is very little benefit.

You’re kinda right, sorry about that. It wasn’t the guy you were quoted, but it was a few messages up that same thread of discussion. The problem with threading the way this Discourse software does it is that context is lost quickly.

EDIT: Clarifications.

You quoted me and, no, I wasn’t referring to explosive making. I was referring to oil production (for various needs, including armours and dyes), as CodeMage suggested. If you try to do it with fish you’ll be at it forever. Using the bark + ichor recipe on the Alchemist’s Bench with a T4 creates masses of oil very cheaply and quickly.

We also have 2 more T4 alchemists at Firebowl Cauldrons - one producing consolidant and one producing steelfire around the clock. Its a bit overkill, but we ended up with 2 Exiles T4s and 1 Darfari Witch Doctor right at the start of the game, so might as well use them. You can probably happily get away with just 2 though (although strictly speaking the one on the cauldron would only be necessary for the increased speed boost, a T3 wouldn’t be much worse… but you’ll be building your T3 base a bit slower).

Ah, my bad then. I assumed you meant explosives.

They should give the T4 thralls (or T4 purge thralls) the ability to change their appearance. Like with an Orb of Nergal. Or just the ability to change their clothes.

That would make them unique.

1 Like

Wait… Are they really doing this? What would be the point in looking for a T4 alchemist anymore then?! Just for the measly additional 25% speed?

Honestly, sometimes Funcom baffle me.

The only thrall change I want is the addition of the gatherer thrall. So I can sit on my ■■■ and tell him to go chop trees. This 2x harvesting will be the death of me, I’m going cross-eyed from all the swing animation.

1 Like