No snow or rain weather effects

that’s a sign of destiny indeed…
All other players on the server do see rain and storms but not me…

Good god no thank ýou. I don’t mind the rain outside, but I’m sick of the entire contents of my house inside looking wet. The wet gloss shine or soaked carpets all the time isn’t a good look.

The weather works on the official server that I joined. So I started a new single player game without mods, making sure the language was set to English. Still no inclement weather at all - except for the sandstorm.

Will this ever be fixed? Or at least addressed? Almost feels like we’re being ignored.

1 Like

Same here, I have the unfortunate feeling that this MAJOR weather bug is NOT going to ever be fixed for PC SP. Which is a shame. Weather has been around for decades on games, Never winter Nights had weather that never broke. It was patch 32 or 33 that broke the weather on PC SP, the patch notes specifically state that they were revamping the weather system starting with 32 and voila, broken weather…

1 Like

Anyone had any luck with their SP/COOP weather yet? I’ve tried all the various fixes that have been mentioned by others, but it looks like I’m still experiencing no weather.

Bit of a bummer really…

On my private Server i build near the lake arround the nothern aqueduct and its raining for days until is stops for like one day. Then it rains again for 3 days.
I like immersion but i want less rain :slight_smile:

I uninstalled Conan Exiles, deleted all of the files off of the Steam directory for CE, reinstalled Conan Exiles, it took less than nine hours. My new internet speed is great. When I last downloaded Conan Exiles it took two days and some change. I am much happier not, however I haven’t started a new game yet to see if I have any weather effects on my PC SP PVP yet. I will do so tonight maybe, depends on if I get sleeping. I will let you know if I get rain now.

I explained what is happening to weather in this thread. It is related. The English Language Fix is only part of the issue. It is simply how the programmers are handling their implementation of Weather Volumes on the Client Side triggering this. I have my own weather systems in Unity, UE4, NWN 1 & 2, and Skyrim. All function the same and work in a fully networked environment (NWN 1&2, Unity, UE4). I immediately saw saw how they implemented their weather system along with how the material works in CE (making things wet/shiny).

It does make a difference which mode the game is in (Server/SP) but it is in reference to the translations for the GUI…but…somehow they have encapsulated lots of other variables under this umbrella. By mistake? Or on purpose? Not sure to be honest. Definitely needs to be re-written though…unfortunately…this would be a big one.

Info/Pics Here:

Finally, raining in SP/CP mode. Thanks for fixing it.:smiley:

WAIT I don’t understand the fix, HOW exaactly do I get it raining in SP again, please elaborate and clearly explaing how i can do it please!!!

Thank you much

Okay, weird, after this hot fix that fixed the inventory screen, I clicked on appy for all of those variable to the Admin screen and changet the language to Spanish then back to English, and admin teleported to the Chaos Mouth of the northern border and there was RAIN…I will have to check on snow and the lightning storms later.

Snowing, Lightning, Thunder are working too.

SP seems fixed in this unannounced update today. I checked all biomes. I don’t think it had anything to do with language. Admin’s set target weather severity seems to work now. It takes a couple of minutes to change the weather but it finally works.

It’s nice that weather is working in sp but during rain and snow there is flickering transparency where trees and some rocks are momentarily transparent to the skybox, at regular interval about 2 times per second. It is only present while running or walking. May be specific to AMD graphics cards.

I’m using Nvidia and haven’t seen that issue so far.

Edit: Actually, I do get flickering with some dead NPCs and some large storage chests. It’s intermittent like one out of every ten times I look at one of those objects. But that was happening before snow and rain was working.

How high are your ceilings in the room were the large chests glitch?

I usually only make two level high ceilings, but I notice the chests flickering more often in the NPC cities when running through. So, it’s more common with ones permanent and respawning in the game.

1 Like

The solution is found in the final entry of this thread: