Now what? Error or not? AN ABOMINATION?

Exactly.
Ryzen 5700X with a Radeon 6700XT.
I experienced a lot of weird stuff that fixed itself seemingly (I did not have to do anything, just wait till some updates came out game/system/driver-wise).

Do you (or any of you kind guys) have any ideas what should I do?
Because if every time an update comes (sytem, drivers), and f…s up one game, and I can’t do anything just wait for a “miracle”, that setup of mine won’t last long.

1 Like

Dunno, it seems related to your CPU at this point. Try messing with the affinity of CE.

2 Likes

One heart because you used the word abomination, catchy :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I hope your problem will be solved m8, I need you around :wink:

2 Likes

I hope so too. I just DDU’d and reinstalled the graphics driver, the chipset drivers, anything, but still.
So I’m more and more closer to the conclusion that this is a windows update issue. Might try deleting the last updates and see if it’s working!

1 Like

Good luck @rolee9309, thanks @drachenfeles for your help, it’s really appreciated really, I want this guy back to fun immediately.

1 Like

This was happening to me about a third to a half of the times I started the game - no exaggeration. I was able to get that down to about one in 20 loads by setting the game’s FPS cap limit to 60. Before I was having to just reload the game repeatedly until it made it past the error. Now when It happens I’m doing like you and playing for about 30min. till it just quits and then on reload I don’t get the error - so far.

So, cap the FPS to 60 and pray! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll give it a shot too! Thanks.
Capped at 120, but it can be too much.
I know dome games which has problems at uncapped or capped at high FPS (looking at you Claptrap in the elevator :angry: ).

Yeah, I was having that trouble at 140 and 120… It took a reduction down to 60 to make the difference.

This is absolutely a bug that needs to be fixed though!

1 Like

Yeah… whatever it is that isn’t computing, only seems to happen during the initialization and allocation phases though. You know, just the startup procedures. Sounds like they need to add some wait states or something… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I can not unistall them, they are 2021. april updates, and my system was reinstalled 3 months ago (game is on a different disk, after the system reinstall, the game worked perfectly).

@TeleTesselator capping the FPS to 60 also did not help.

1 Like

An other option is to see if I have a system restore point to the start of May.

Eadit: won’t happen, the only dates are 06.06.

Oh man…

A few weeks ago in the bug report section a moderator here responded to this same thing (being reported as a bug) and provided a list of about 10 or 15 possible fixes. They were things like remove all overclocks, and so on. I wonder if maybe you can find that thread and try a few of them.

1 Like

Did you mean by this? I tried everything sadly, and STILL, the error persists… :slightly_frowning_face:
I mean everything but once, I keep forgetting: I set the VGA profile to silent, and the undervolted the CPU via PBO2. I disable them if I get back home, and hope for the best. This is the last thing I could do. If it won’t work, I’m gonna wait till 3.0 :grin:

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Nope, did not help.

Thank you guys for all the help by the way! Appreciate it.
But now I have to wait for a driver/windows/game update, and hope for the best.

1 Like

Okay, so an update:

The game woks.
Just.
Simply.
WORKS.

No driver update, no game/mod update, only a windows (KB5014699) update, which, if I read correctly, has no major fixes, especially no game or any multimedia-related. But hey, if it works…!

That was not the first time when windows update messed with games, and will not be the last I bet. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was aware of that list because I went through the same thing. But in my case it wasn’t a “Windows Update” - it was a “Windows Refresh” which essentially removes any optional or user updates. So I went from a highly customized, loaded up, and tweaked Windows 21H2 (which loaded CE flawlessly) to a very vanilla 21H2 (that crashed constantly). And that was indeed enough to cause umpteen crashes every time the game loaded. But something also likely changed (and likely server side) because after adding almost everything back in, it still crashes on load a lot if it’s not FPS limited.

1 Like

I did an image of my OS’s current version for the sake of safety. Saved every setting, registry, bla bla. :laughing:

1 Like

Backups are always an excellent idea. I recently stopped doing system backups (except for photography and art) and just went with project backups. Full system in my case is many terabytes while projects only take up a few hundred gigs per year. And really, I just don’t care if my 11k movies, 103k songs, or operating system gets blown away. Some of it isn’t replaceable but then again neither is the hair I lost last year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much everything I need or use is reinstallable in less than a day so I’m mostly good. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.