Odd NPC attack behavior

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Misc]
Server type: [N/A]
Region: [USA]

[Describe the bug here] - Not certain this is a bug. I noticed yesterday that NPC’s at the Mounds of the Dead (especially the one’s with swords) will change their target mid combo. While this is good from a challenge/difficulty perspective it only exacerbates the disparity in health between the player character and the thrall. One hit from a star metal weapon on Barbaric difficulty really hurts. I was wondering whether this was an intended change in the NPC’s agro tendencies or a bug/glitch. If it was intended I’m a bit confused as I thought an effort was being made to try and close the gap between the thrall and the player.

The Abyssal Remnant has been acting in an odd fashion similar to the NPC switching targets when I fight it lately. So I was wondering whether the two are somehow related. When the Remnant does it’s AoE gas attack it will attack an area where my character is not. Just as it will do when it retreats into the acid pool and resurfaces. I go into the Dregs alone without a thrall. So this is very strange behavior.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Find a NPC. I find the Mounds of the Dead is good.
  2. Let your thrall take agro and start fighting the NPC.
  3. Assist your thrall from behind.
  4. Watch out for when the thrall switches it’s target to you mid combo.

This was really more along the lines of feedback than a bug. I thought I’d provide the steps anyways.

Thanks for the great game Funcom!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.