Official PvP servers cross server raiding

I agree with you that currently the mentality of people in games are very toxic. “Get gud” "haha " and what not are very common in any game in this decade. I do not support this type of behaviour. Even if there have been times I’ve been sucked into this level of toxicity myself, I have to admit. This will never change however, for a while. It is another topic entirely.

Now that you know the level 60s rampantly raid low levels even if they do not need to, for no reason at all (i only raid low levels if they are very toxic) this only further backs up the need to make XP gain in PvP servers higher or add cross server raiding. We PvP players that have not stopped playing PvP yet, demand it as we need it to enjoy the part we want more often.

The entertainment is not in the challenges of the fight. This is a PVE mindset. When I fight a boss and it is not challenging or underwhelming, then I think as you. The fun comes in the challenge.

However if you pit player A against player B, both enjoying PvP, while player A is low level and have bad gear and player B is high level and have better gear, player A will not enjoy it. He won’t see it as some challenge. In reality(Conan), he will run if he knows its a fight he cannot win. Everybody in conan runs. Even the best players.

What does this do? It further causes no PvP between players. Because player A gotta prepare and grind a lot. He has no time or resources to waste fighting player B. Player B gotta play cat and mouse trying to find A, but he is also bored of not getting pvp. Both sides are PvP starved.

It’s such a shame really. I used to love the fact leveling up was not very fast but not very slow either, but it simply doesn’t work on official servers. This is one of the biggest pros of private servers that wipes servers frequently and has a high XP rate. But then it has cons too which is also another topic.

I suppose we have to agree to disagree, although there were certainly many things we agreed upon.

2 Likes

And that’s fine. But presumably everyone who signed up for that PVP server wants to “dominate” - and by definition, they can’t all do so. So my question would be - what did you (alpha clans) expect other players to do, now that they’ve lost?

This is not a game that lends itself well to unlimited PVP, the potential for griefing is just too great - and yet that’s exactly what official PVP servers are (no rules, no limits).

Yes, actually. If you want other people to share their (probably limited) “play time” with you, they have to have fun, too. And when they don’t have fun too many times in a row, they decide they don’t want to play with you any more. Yes, in the real world and in the novels/comics there are “villains” who can thrive, because generally their targets of oppression cannot just go to another world where their evil overlords can’t follow (“change server”). But if they could, they probably would - in a heartbeat.

The only thing that’s surprising to me is why anyone is surprised at this turn of events, really.

To me, the real problem is the concept of “alpha clans”. Yet that cannot be helped.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more, I LOVE having my 1v1s against other level 60s in my server, and just having an all out respectable fight. This is something I would love to strive for more in this game. I spent a long time getting rid of the previous alpha because this is not how they behaved. They would raid a small clan and talk as much smack as possible. I talked smack back one time and they even reported me. But after the challenge of fighting someone much stronger, we finally won, and now we don’t have a challenge. I want bigger fish to slay, or I at least want a bigger fish to come slay me. An all out war would be crazy intense.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with the things you are mentioning. Our server remains dead not because of our harshness, but because of the fact players are looking for packed servers to get some PvP.

Due to the fact that our server is dead, no one joins it because they know PvP will be very scarce on our server. I am basically spoon feeding new clans in the hopes they will stay and thus cause more people to join the server.

With cross server raiding, people will want to move to dead servers for the chance to level up, and get large with resources, so they can then move to another server for some intense PvP action. Right now, there is no cure for my server being dead, but I stick with it in hopes the devs will change something to make my server alive again.

I’ve thought up of many different ways this could be done, and it keeps resulting back to cross server raiding. Dead servers is not fixed by the individual, but by the mechanics of the game itself. (unfortunately) I will have to sit and wait to see what this game turns into, until then I can only sit back and hope my money was well spent. Including the dlc’s I bought.

Just the other day a clan we were once at war with, returned to fight us once again. It didn’t go very well for them, but I told them I enjoyed the fight, and talked to them in a party for an hour of how enjoyable a good fight was. They too enjoyed blowing my stuff up and fighting with a sword and spear. But we have since made peace so that we can all focus on getting more players on our servers. This will be a desperate attempt to say the least.

2 Likes

I can understand your concerns on how this could be dangerous to the integrity of the game due to bringing gear over to another server.

But try to see it this way. You have just started playing, and after hours of work, you have managed to reach level 25. By this time, you have been in the server long enough for the alpha to notice you. Since they have nothing better to do other than resetting their decay timer, they decide to look for you. And wouldn’t you know it, they find you, because you aren’t really trying to hide from anyone.

Well, they decide to blow up everything you have once raid time begins. This angers you, but you brush it off because you can understand how this game works and how it’s unfair. But imagine this continues nearly every day for weeks. Now you want to move servers, but one day when you log on, you see a bunch of recent God attacks all over the alphas bases. You get curious and decide to go check it out.

To your surprise, you see their bases in ruin, filled will holes, and all that remains are some scattered thralls and foundations. Now, they will spend time to rebuild, thus giving you some breathing room to secure a sturdy base defense. This was possible not because another clan decided they wanted to grind their hearts out to wipe them, but because another alpha from a completely different server, was scouting your server. They noticed you were getting bullied into the ground by the alpha there, and figured they would be a very bountiful raid.

OH, and don’t even get me started on communities where bounties are placed on alphas heads. You better bet your bottom dollar that I will be looking for alphas who deserve to be wiped through the communities cries.

What if you could use the keystone to move between servers without any gear but keeping your level?

1 Like

first you would need to acquire it. and this doesn’t solve the issue of a larger clan slamming you the second you join the server

Yeah, but isn’t cross server raiding or at least the transfer of a level 60 character a potential solution to alpha clans dominating?

So to deal with a domineering alpha clan you get some bored lvl 60s in from other alpha clans to move servers for a while, defeat the alpha clan and then they can farm the keystone and return home. The point here is to make it relatively difficult to move servers… I call it relatively difficult because they keystone is “completing the game” and the undead dragon and kinscourge are not easy peasy targets.

To discuss with you is like pvp at conan. They do not know we are 10 people in the clan and have been fighting on many servers. In my list, there are 10 servers on which I have leveled and on the half of the character to max. What are you talking about here? is going to play PVE if you are worried about your base. We do not have that and we would be happy if one of us attacks and when I start reading new pimples on my face. Me, or rather we play the active pvp (there are not many anymore) are always tired of levels. we want fun in the game

Some private servers do character transfers (admin level ppl to 60) and do start up packets
With a bit of dialogue and and organisation, alphas can set this up by themselves

Me and all my friends have started playing conan less and less… Nothing to do. Empty server, nobody wants to start over the long grind to 60 over and over. Other stranded opponents probably think the same.

We have pretty much all quit. Perhaps the next update will bring some fun.

Such is the life cycle of open world pvp. Arena style lasts a lot longer since you basically reset the world every time you enter. There is no continued sustained combat for lawless open world pvp games, because someone ends up victorious and totally shuts down the closest competitor. People don’t like to lose 20 times in a row, so they either join the winning side, or leave.

3 Likes

I don’t mind that. But I want to join the other games and get into the PvP quick, I don’t have time to spend 10h per day to get to 60 as fast as possible to PvP.

And private servers wipe the servers a lot so all you do there is gone, it’s a pick your poison thing for me.

Sorry… long text incoming…

Join the server I’m on at the moment: Clan Wars.
Yes, they wipe if player count is down to like 20 which may take two or three weeks after a wipe. Very few clans stay on a server once defeated but they come back when the next wipe hits (70 players). You’ll find the PVP community there that will put you to the test. 10x XP 5x Harvest let’s you jump into the PVP action quickly. Admins are good and very active. Overly toxic people and exploiters get banned. You can trade in level IV thralls and legendary weapons you’ve farmed… all that kind of stuff that helps you play the (PVP-)game in a way you prefer much quicker.

I also like building and we do have a massive base on an official server but you know the situation. Being the alpha clan and noone joining. Joining a private server that focuses way more on PVP taught me a lot. I’ve seen many former alpha clans joining the server just to get crushed. Alpha doesn’t equal alpha. As long as we don’t have another way to meet going private is the thing to do. All the isolated alphas miss out on the fun and the opportunity to learn from each other (and also fill up their ranks for later projects e.g.).

You can only benefit from it if you’re really interested in a competition and becoming a better player overall. This counts for PVP and building stable bases that work even without avatar defense. Atm I like it much, especially if you don’t want to build a “raid-proof” base with a bubble, on top of something and claim 2500 square kilometers around it.

On topic:
This is actually how Conan Exiles should be imho -> no base should ever be 100% safe from attacks. It’s one reason for empty servers, either because the alphas can’t be wiped or several clans can’t be attacked/wiped and stare at each other. And then the rather low harvest rates let’s people obviously become greedy when it comes to investing explosives and gear. As a matter of fact the harvest rate is the balance key to control the amount of PVP and raiding (in other words: fun) happening on a server. People might argue with me on that but until today I was mostly able to “out-build” aggressors. The longer the period of time the more unrealistic it gets that someone is willing to pick up the challenge.

And in my opinion the discussion about getting to level 60 doesn’t cover the entire process that make people not join a server. If you’re, let’s say a PVP player, being level 60 is mandatory, sure. But the real grind is to farm the level IV armorers and all the gear, weapons and equipment necessary to finance an all out war. And then there are still the builders in clans that always want to build a big and strong base. That takes a lot of farming.

From my observation people who leave a server or lose stuff due to exploiters don’t mention the amount of T3 bricks they have lost but they count their losses in hours aka time invested into the game. Think about it.

I know… people will say: ‘That’s the nature of survival games.’
And I’ll say: That’s a concept that can be embraced but it could also be questioned. Imho you have to find the right balance between investments. And with investment I mean both parties. Aggressor’s and defender’s efforts need to be in a certain relation. I’ll give you the most extreme example I know where the balance was not given, resulting in massive player losses: browsergames. I’ve played some years ago. You would, for example, build up for six months and then lose everything within two days of getting attacked. This ratio wasn’t acceptable and got rejected by the player base.

tl;dr/summary: Getting to level 60 fast or transferring a level 60 character to another server will not help much in this case. Conan Exiles should not become a Battle Royale style game or shooter with quick deathmatch respawn timer but if you want more “player on player interactions”, like I call them, you might want to think of making the game less grindy or somehow take care of the balance. The last thing you want to do (speaking of PVP servers) is to extend the period of time people need to start PVP.

4 Likes

Well said! :clap: What are some of the rules that server has? Offline raiding? 24 hour raids? Griefing?

I ask because it was a shame that the Mayhem PVP servers did not make it to Live at Launch. It’s not my cup of tea, but I feel that everybody should have a mode to play in. There would have been a dedicated crowd for servers that reset every 30 days with increased gather and xp rates. Possibly even 24 hour raids.

You’re right, private servers are the saving grace of PvP in conan, however I’ve had some pretty discouraging experiences from the past private servers ive been in, but I gotta admit this is currently the best option.

well, it doesn’t really matter if it causes more damage or not. Me and all the rest of the alpha clans on my server will be quitting here very shortly. our server is dead, and if you take a look at the ps4 official pvp servers, all of them are pretty much dead. Players in dedicated servers don’t have a say in this. I would stick around if I could fight someone my size or stronger with the stuff that I already grinder for. I’ve put in months to get where I am, I have won and lost many battles to get where I am. And your solutions are to just start over on another server. I say F*CK THAT!! I didn’t grind this game just to piss it away. But it doesn’t matter now because the devs don’t want to do anything about the official pvp servers being dead. We alphas want to use the weapons we grinded for. If you have a problem with cross server raiding, then chances are you don’t play on official pvp servers, or you’re tiny and not worth my time because you couldn’t get a big enough clan to make it somewhere in a server.

Well, there’s only one other alpha clan on my server, and he’s already quit.

Then what is the point of official pvp servers??!?!!? Clearly, with your experience and mine, the servers are very much broken, everyone doesn’t want to play on them anymore, so they might as well do something crazy