Officials: TOC does not cover bannable offenses

We had a moderate sized base compared to some of the absolutely massive sprawling bases and highways on the server, and we had almost completely shifted our lighting to gems as Conan’s torch optimization is terrible and is the main contributor to lost performance.

I’m not pretending I know about your server’s conflicts, I’m saying that I don’t care. You were griefing someone. If you were doing it as a response to being griefed, that doesn’t excuse you. Report those who grief you instead of griefing you back.

Hold on, let me pull up something from another thread:

Is this you? I was under the impression that this was you.

If you go onto an official PVE-C server and pull up the server settings, which are freely accessible through the in-game GUI, you’ll see that the player-induced building damage is disabled. Purge-pulling is a way to get around that limitation, just like animation cancelling is a way to get around the stamina cost and/or delays between attacks.

Should Funcom fix this and make the purge attack only the buildings and followers of the clan it’s targeting? Yeah. Does that excuse someone for intentionally pulling a purge to someone else’s buildings? No.

Look, we could play the game of “twist the arguments to support griefing” all day long, but at the end of the day, clan A griefed clan B, on purpose. That’s all that matters.

1 Like

Funny, accusing me of not reading. Here’s what you seem to have missed:

If you don’t know what “purge-pulling” means, it’s this:

Here’s the deal. I don’t believe you can’t tell the difference. Codemage doesn’t believe you can’t tell the difference. But most importantly Funcom doesn’t believe you can’t tell the difference.

Follow the rules or be banned. If you’re not bright enough to be able to do that, then you’re not bright enough to play the game.

But if we’re being honest, you ARE bright enough. You DO know the difference. But you’re trying to weasel in some sort of loophole because you took some PVP personally. Let’s be honest, that’s exactly what this is all about.

Its not about facilitating sportsmanlike conflict and competition. Its about getting even. Which at the end of the day means YOU are bringing emotion into a GAME. If you were banned for that, then I would say that was done as a favor to you and those around you.

Reflect on that.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

It isn’t. I already pointed out what you didn’t read when you accused me of not reading. I’ll point it out again:

Hey, look what I found:

So, the game supposedly ensures that. And you found a way around it. And confessed to exploiting that on purpose.

But I guess my definition of griefing is completely arbitrary.

I’ve supported my claim that I don’t think it’s unreasonable or against the spirit of a PvP server to do anything I’ve done. This is the problem with “you should know better and act with sportsmanship”, your personal ethics and playstyle make you biased to the point of assuming that these methods can’t possibly be intentional or part of the game. I don’t see why any of them should not or could not be. If they aren’t intentional, it’s negligent behavior on Funcom’s part to leave them in the game for literal years while half the playerbase uses them, and leave them out of the TOC. Can you imagine if CS:GO started banning players who bunnyhopping? On the surface it’s easy to say “WOAH YOU’RE OBVIOUSLY NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT” but after a point it becomes a gameplay feature that is widely used and though it may have been made possible unintentionally, it was kept in the game as a tool that again, half the playerbase uses. And you can certainly make that case for both palisades and purge kiting, that they don’t seem to have been conceptualized to do what they do, but that the community has adopted the unintended use for them as a normal part of valid gameplay. I think that’s where your kneejerk reaction that “I should know better” comes from, and you could use the same statement on someone who got banned for bunnyhopping in CS:GO. It’s been in the game for 2 years and everyone knows about it. It is now a feature and you should play accordingly.

And for player traps, there is basically no argument you can give me that makes a strong case that it’s not an intentional possibility and use case for the various trap items in the game, pressure traps, spike pits, palisades go with unclimbable fences like peanut butter and jelly, and for you to tell me that I shouldn’t know if I’m allowed to do it or not because I risk being banned for it, you would be the one playing dumb.

Dude, what the hell? I wasn’t replying to you. Did you read who I quoted? I quoted @nighght and this was my reply to his quote. I didn’t even know you did this 3 years ago. Not to mention that the official TOC wasn’t even published 3 years ago and everyone thought that Funcom only intervened if you walled off the new player spawns.

You keep calling me out for “not reading” and “making things personal”, when in fact it’s you who keeps doing both. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you have a chip on your shoulder.

On second thought, I don’t know better.

You’re going to call me a rules lawyer, but it is not players damaging structures. It is PvE damaging structures, and there are ways to protect your base from PvE. As others have mentioned, without player intervention PvE purges can and will attack the wrong base, I have had it happen to me. Not protecting your base from PvE isn’t anybody else’s fault. Why do they allow the purge to destroy the wrong buildings? Hmm, maybe it’s part of the game. They have other mechanics in place to ensure that you can’t turtle using terrain or height as a barrier, so you can’t say that it’s to prevent clans from allying and creating walls to prevent purges. Maybe purges are supposed to wreak havoc on anything and anyone they come across, and if players want to steer them; again for you to say that it is absolutely not the intention of Funcom is only evidenced by the email and ban I got from them.

What if there was like - something in the rules that said “don’t do that” or made it so the purge doesn’t damage structures other than the clan they’re targeting?

You go on a server where building damage is off. Then use an exploit to cause building damage. Now you’re trying to justify it. There’s no justification for exploits.

2 Likes

Imagine being this righteous towards someone who’s clanmate broke like 4 wall tiles and a chest full of nothing from a completely unprotected base while the rules are unambiguous about PvE purges and their mechanics cause them to damage any and all structures. If it’s not intentional, fix the game or include it in the rules. Again it’s something that was common practice on my server long before we showed up even by white knight beacons of justice like you.

For what it’s worth, I don’t know why the forum is not showing this as a reply to him instead of you. Normally when I press the quote button, it also designates the message as a reply to the author I’m quoting. Maybe I pressed something wrong.

Seems like they already fixed the problem. :rofl:

I’m unbanned and active, now I’m just asking @Community to clarify the TOC. Really don’t think its a big ask worth you being toxic over. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.