Old player (game player, not 'good with ladies' player) back to look around

Long ago, my wife and I played then moved on to real life. She passed away recently and in a bit of nostalgia, I have been toying around with logging in. Finally did it. I can’t get access to her old account but that’s not what this post is about.
Took a bit of reading but I finally figured out what RK2019 was about. Great idea, honestly. Made a quick toon and re-lived the backyard experience. Arrived in Tir BY10 this time, back in the day ('03), both my wife and I arrived in Tir BY1 amazingly.
On regular RK, I like the noob experience now. Arete (?) is a great way to refresh the memory on how things worked though some familiarity would have helped. It was a bit tedious at first but I understand why. Got a pair of original electroniums and felt a rush of nostalgia.
Of course, I went Doc. I played wife’s doc account for a long time and absolutely love the class.
Anyway, just rambling. Happy to be back. Can’t wait to leave the noob area to fill up on some real nostalgia.

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I am experiencing that myself. Using my wife’s tunes also. Conan-Exi

2 Likes

Condolences to you both. And welcome back. :mending_heart:

1 Like

Welcome back.

If you haven’t already I suggest hooking up to the Anarchy Online channel on Discord. It is very active and is nowdays the main hub for communication between players outside of the game.